First RMT

Hey, this is my first RMT and I'd like some help. This team has had MANY pokemon jump in and out of it and I'm having trouble finding what works best.

At a Glance:

Making of the Team:

I wanted a lead that could reliably set up Stealth Rocks/Spikes and maybe a screen or two before dying. Deoxys-S fit that role perfectly with his insane speed and respectable bulk when EVd.

I wanted a special sweeper that had quite a few resistances as well as Nasty Plot. I was considering the dragons, of course, but they were too frail and just didn't match my playing style so I settled with Lucario as he also had a special priority move in Vacuum Wave.

I wanted a physical sweeper... also a grass type. The first thing that came to mind was Breloom. With Spore and Technician... he was insanely powerful and hard to stop.

I needed a revenge killer and a fire type, preferably. Shandera came to mind and even though I was trying to not ever use it... it does it's job and it does it well.

Now I needed a water type and wish support. I tried mamanbou who is usually my preferred choice but finally settled with Vaporeon... mostly because I hate mamanbou's color and it often makes my team look too pink in the team builder.

Finally, I needed something that could baton pass speed boosts to both lucario and breloom, mostly breloom to aid with sporing the opponent. Now that I think about it... blaziken would work nicely, but Gliscor does his job. He also acts as a decent bulky attacker as well.

The Team Itself:

Deoxys-S @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SDef / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Reflect

Deoxys is mainly a suicide lead. He is quite bulky with his SDef EVs and reflect and is 3HKOd by common Tyranitar leads using crunch while under reflect. Can easily set up Rocks and a few layers of Spikes while providing reflect support to rest of team. Can use magic coat if opponent attempts to status, set up hazards, etc. If it's done setting up, it can switch out and come in later for magic coat/reflect support.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus

EVs: 56 Def / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Lucario functions as a special sweeper. He does better under an agility boost but is fine without it. He has many opportunities to come in due to his immunities and after a nasty plot boost, is able to take out a lot of things. Vacuum Wave and Aura Sphere are for STAB and Dark Pulse is to take care of ghosts.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Classic technician breloom. Does MUCH better with agility support from gliscor as a fast spore is amazing. After sporing... the opponent has to either switch or wait it out, giving me opprotunity to set up with SD. Boosted mach punch and bullet seed does huge amount of damage... I just realized I forgot to put EVs in anything but speed so it'll probably do better with that 252 Atk 0:-)

Shandera (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Classic revenge Shandera. Not much to explain. Goes in, hits, runs back out. Great against Nattorei and Forretress. Has trouble 1HKOing other pokes though.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Boil Over
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Vaporeon wish support. EV's give him bulk and leftovers keeps him alive. Boil over and Ice Beam for coverage.

[/FONT]Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 68 Atk / 28 Def / 252 SDef / 52 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Ahhh Gliscor. Used for bulky Agility/Sub passing as well as minor attacking when needed. Works amazing alongside Breloom and Lucario, giving them the speed boost they desperately need.

Any suggestions would be great. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)