First RMT

Hello Smogon, this is my first RMT ever (and my 3rd or maybe 4th post XD) I made this team, and I can say it's been doing quite well for me. So, let's get to the team!
Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

If you want to use Talonflame, you need a spinner to keep away that nasty Stealth Rock. Before, I had a Bulky Excadrill spinning, but it rendered the team virtually mono-steel. I'm now actually considering going back, as I noticed I have no Electric resistances in the whole team. Starmie itself serves well as a status sponge, as well as hitting most things pretty hard. Expert Belt is over Life Orb for longevity, as the spinner is important, at least until Talonflame kills itself via recoil.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is just a standard CroCune. It helps patch up my weaker defenses, and provide resistances to Water and Fire, which this team lacks. Although both Talonflame and Starmie resist Fire, they're not nearly bulky enough to take a hit. After several Calm Minds, Suicune is ridiculously hard to 2HKO, so it can keep ResTalk going for a long time.
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Talonflame is my revenge killer and "suicide" attacker. With Gale Wings it gets a priority Brave Bird, which is extremely useful to KO threats to my team after they've been weakened. This guy rarely survives to switch out, however, as Life Orb + Brave Bird recoil racks up. I'm considering an Expert Belt or maybe some other item for him to keep him alive long enough to receive Wish from Jirachi.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

My Jirachi doubles as a Wish support mon and a flinchax mon. Talonflame and Aegislash especially appreciate this, as my Talonflame lacks Roost, and Aegislash has no viable form of recovery besides Rest, and unless I were to run ChestoRest, it is rather unreliable. I have a Careful nature to minimize damage taken from the Special end; EVs also reflect that. The Flinchax side is to uhh... flinchax and make opponents rage?
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Aegislash functions as a pivot in my team. Sacred Sword kills would-be threats such as AV and Mega Tyranitar, Shadow Ball is for STAB and a way to hit physical walls, and Iron Head is for those Fairies. KS enhances its role as a pivot, potentially forcing a switch and grabbing that one turn Lucario needs to Megaevolve.
Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Lucario is my late-game sweeper. Adaptability Close Combat HURTS. Even mons resistant to it fear the sheer power (I did 22% to a Calm TOGEKISS, which 4x resists it. Without boosts.) Swords Dance is if I can nab that free turn, Close Combat is to wreck half the metagame, Bullet Punch is to finish weakened faster threats (and do more to Togekiss and co.), and I'm debating between Ice Punch and Crunch. Ice Punch hits Flyers, but Crunch hits Ghosts. However, Lucario only has 90 base Speed until it Megaevolves, so I often am forced to search for a free turn to Megaevolve Lucario before it's too late.
Annoyances to the team (Will list here as I battle and gain experience with the team)
-MegaManectric
-Zapdos
That's it, thanks for reading, and please do leave some comments. I apologize if I broke any rules (e.g. not enough commentary).

Okay so two types I am seeing give major trouble to this team, first we have ground then electric, ground pokemon like landerous t and focus sash mamoswine destroy half of this team and the other half can 't hope to come in safely. like you mentioned before electrics give you trouble too, what I see is the most problematic is rotom w (its everywhere) and what you mentioned previously. So onto the fixing so the first thing I suggest is switch suicune for chesto rest rotom w. This will essentially help with ground and and electric a lot. The next change is, switch out jirachi for ferrothorn. So you need stealth rocks and support and some recovery, while jirachi is good and all for this I think it adds too much to the weakness's of this team so I think that ferrothorn would be a fantastic replacement, getting rid of electric weakness and diminishing ground, and sets up rocks, and thunder wave for support, and provides healing in the form of leach seed. As for small changes I think that you should switch leftovers for weakness policy on aegislash. this works really well on a mixed aegislash that is not running shadow sneak. Also on the aegislash you are going to want to split the evs between attack and special attack in some way for my mixed aegislash I run 144 atk and 112 SpA, 252 Hp however thats just a guild line your choice what you want exactly the evs to be but they should be close to this. Okay, so that all the advice I can give you. I will have importables of all the sets and pokemon I suggest to you tommorow i will edit that in.
Good luck battling and have a nice life :)

Rotom-W is wrecked by MegaLucario Close Combat, so that's not a big problem. (At about 70-80% I can KO)
Though, Ferrothorn is a good idea- but my team appreciates the Wish support greatly (It gives Talonflame and MegaLucario a second shot at sweeping). However, I'm considering Talonflame -> Landorus-Therian.
My Aegislash mostly serves a Pivot role, so Weakness Policy may activate on my pivot and basically be wasted (if I predict incorrectly)
Rotom-W on my team is still wrecked by Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake, even with 252 HP/252 Def- so that's not a risk I really want to take. However, I will try all of your changes out to see how they perform.

by the way here is the importables i promised, you can mess with the natures and evs if you would like. i hope i didn't get these to you after you have made the sets.
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)