First RMT please help

This team has had okay success but has some weaknesses and I would really appreciate some advice to improve it.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

This thing is a special attacking beast. Hyper Voice is for the pixilate boost and is the main STAB since it hits most things very hard, Psychic is for STAB as well as killing poison types, Calm mind is for setting up and breaking walls (after a calm mind this thing is killing almost anything) and hidden power ground is to help cover my weakness to heatran and some other pokemon.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 SAtk / 150 Def / 200 Spd / 50 HP
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Latias is an excellent bulky defogger. Defog is mainly to protect volcarona and thundurus two major powerhouses on my team who are both weak rocks as well as just to get rid of those annoying hazards like sticky web. Recover is to prolong it's survival so it can defog late game if necessary. Psyshock and Dragon Pulse is a combo I am questioning though I can't see which to get rid of.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another amazing special attacker Thundurus is a force to be reckoned with. Focus Miss is to brutally murder certain pokemon when it hits (why?), Thunderbolt is his most powerful STAB, HP ice is great coverage and Nasty Plot is to completely destroy teams.The Yache berry was put on because regularly ice types are sent out to kill him before he can get off a focus blast (or giving another turn for Thundurus to hit it).

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power Flying
- Icy Wind

This Pony is not to be underestimated. Secret Sword is a very powerful reliable STAB backed up by another great STAB in Surf which I chose over hydro pump because of the accuracy (why does hydro pump always miss WHY?) Icy wind is great for coverage killing and useful for lowering speed. I am not sure about calm mind though a few times it has helped a sweep. The Coba berry is mainly to troll talonflame which destroys my team otherwise. I have now changed my item to choice specs and included hidden power flying for killing pokemon like mega venusaur who likes to switch in on keldeo.

Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Ahhhh, the dancing bug. We all know how powerful it is once it's started to dance. Quiver dance is to power up and sweep, fiery dance for that special attack boost chance that is helpful to not waste a turn quiver dancing but to still get extra special attack, bug buzz is for a more powerful STAB and roost is to heal so I can excessively quiver dance.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 100 Def / 108 SDef / 200 Atk / 100 HP
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This is actually my first time using ferrothorn on a singles team so I was a bit stuck on the moveset. The rocky helmet + iron barbs combo rocks (irons?) and is great to switch in on a resisted contact move. Gyro ball hits very hard thanks to that minus speed nature and 0 speed IVs. Power Whip is a powerful STAB. Leech seed is to drain away health and protect is to scout and stall out opponents.

Please advise thx.

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to the forums! Interesting team, some very clever sets! I apologize for getting to you a bit late, but regardless, let's hop right in!

Mega Gardevoir:
- Looks great, mega gardevoir is vastly underestimated in my opinion, great idea with the HP Ground, provides some great coverage.

Latias:
- Draco Meteor is a much better option than dragon pulse, even though the stat drop fan be harmful.
- Could you explain the oddly specific EV spread?

Thunderus Therian:
- Thundurus with prankster t wave is almost always a better option. I highly recommend switching to regular thundurus with prankster and replacing focus blast with t wave.
- Life Orb is a much better item for your set.

Keldeo:
- Choice specs with that set could do some MASSIVE damage, might want to check that out instead.

Volcarona:
- Don't see it in OU much if you think you can use it right then go for it
- Roost, sash combo is a not odd, might want to try life orb or lefties

Ferrothorn:
- I suggest replacing toxic and explosion with leech seed and protect so you can steadily regain health. It kinda stalls, but it works.

In conclusion, okay team, 5 predominantly special attackers and one physical wall leads to a lot of imbalance. Not too mention you don't have any fast physical pokemon, so that can be problematic. I don't mean to be rude, but in order to help you grow as an player and a battler, I highly suggest devoting a lot of work to this team, it clearly needs a bit of help. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I can and I am more than willing to help give this team more of a helping hand.

Hey, welcome to the forums! Interesting team, some very clever sets! I apologize for getting to you a bit late, but regardless, let's hop right in!

Mega Gardevoir:
- Looks great, mega gardevoir is vastly underestimated in my opinion, great idea with the HP Ground, provides some great coverage.

Latias:
- Draco Meteor is a much better option than dragon pulse, even though the stat drop fan be harmful.
- Could you explain the oddly specific EV spread?

Thunderus Therian:
- Thundurus with prankster t wave is almost always a better option. I highly recommend switching to regular thundurus with prankster and replacing focus blast with t wave.
- Life Orb is a much better item for your set.

Keldeo:
- Choice specs with that set could do some MASSIVE damage, might want to check that out instead.

Volcarona:
- Don't see it in OU much if you think you can use it right then go for it
- Roost, sash combo is a not odd, might want to try life orb or lefties

Ferrothorn:
- I suggest replacing toxic and explosion with leech seed and protect so you can steadily regain health. It kinda stalls, but it works.

In conclusion, okay team, 5 predominantly special attackers and one physical wall leads to a lot of imbalance. Not too mention you don't have any fast physical pokemon, so that can be problematic. I don't mean to be rude, but in order to help you grow as an player and a battler, I highly suggest devoting a lot of work to this team, it clearly needs a bit of help. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as I can and I am more than willing to help give this team more of a helping hand.
Thanks for the reply.

I have taken on board Choice specs for keldeo changing calm mind for hp flying to hit mega venusaur mainly. I have also replaced ferrothorn's toxic and explosion with leech seed and protect. For latios I am hesitant to use draco meteor because of the stat drop though I will test it. Latios' EVs help it to outspeed adamant garchomp and have a chance to ohko it. Also she is very bulky able to switch in on most of my team's moves that they are weak to comfortably.
Volcarona is not seen much in OU mainly because it is times 4 weak to stealth rocks. It is still a powerhouse. Roost and sash are both situational with roost for when i am on low hp and want to quiver dance more to sweep and sash for when i two hit ko a pokemon that would normally OHKO me. I am using Thundurus-T because I have using the other form a bit too much. Also therian form hits harder.
I know I have 5 special attackers and a mixed wall (not a physcial wall) but it doesn't really pose any problems. Choice specs Keldeo, Thundurus and Volcarona usually get past pretty much all special walls without too much drama.

Hi as i use volcarona i qould suggest to use this move set

Volcarona @ leftover
EVs: 202 SAtk / 202 Spd / 104 HP
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Hi as i use volcarona i qould suggest to use this move set

Volcarona @ leftover
EVs: 202 SAtk / 202 Spd / 104 HP
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
Interesting.
I am a bit sceptical as that EV spread misses out on some important OHKOs and two hit KOs after a quiver dance. This set is also shut down by brave bird talonflame whereas sash stops volcarona from being killed and can kill talonflame after recoil. I will try that item and spread though. Thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)