Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Grass Knot

What this team was based off, this 'lil guy is a monster in NU and will most likely be banned. However for the time being I am using him. I chose Specs because he outspends most of the tier and has amazing coverage. Basically this thing can bait stuff out and hit it like a truck. I chose the moves I did because, Volt Switch grabs momentum and is what makes Heliolisk so good, it can become really difficult to touch it if the user plays it right. Hyper Voice is a standard STAB nuke, Surf and Grass Knot are for coverage.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

This thing is on the team because it can sponge special hits that my team can't take very well, if I don't really need it in a match I use it as a Status sponge too. This set is standard but works well with my team, it also acts as a back up if Malamar is knocked out. This thing is a huge help in fights just for taking hits and chipping away at the opponent, definitely not my strongest mon, but my most switched into mon.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

My Camerupt is here to help sponge more hits and also dish out really mean damage, the EVs are purely experimental and can change. I wen 252/0/128/0/128/0 because I think that bulk is better on this thing and from my experience with it in the little time I have used it it definitely does not need the EVs in SpA. The set is pretty standard as it just abuses it's raw power when mega'd with Sheer Force. Rock Slide is there as coverage and could be switched out if needed. I rarely ever use this thing but it has a huge presence in the match nonetheless.
Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power

Probopass in my opinion is such a cool mon that I just had to use him. He fits pretty well on this team and is really useful for trapping Ferroseed which would otherwise give me a bit of trouble. I am running a pretty standard set, Volt Switch works really well on this team creating a Voltturn core with Uxie and Heliolisk, at end game this thing in combination with Uxie and Heliolisk can clean up really well. I went air ballon to avoid hazard damage and so I could switch into EQ and EP users, like Steelix, and chip them down to killing percentage.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 148 HP / 180 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Uxie is my lead on this team, it is again running a fairly standard set, and is pretty bulky. It has SR as my teams only hazards, they are really nice for breaking sturdies and sashes that would otherwise cause trouble for Heliolisk and possibly Malamar. U-Turn grabs momentum and finishes off the Voltturn core. Psychic is a strong stab that helps get rid of poison types that can cause my team a bit of trouble if Malamar or Camerupt is fainted.

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Malamar is a really neat mon that can destroy teams that come unprepared, it takes a switch and a turn to get it going, but once it starts it's hard to stop. Superpower should always be run on Malamar because it basically is a Bulk Up that does tons of damage, Knock Off is for coverage and in general is a really good move, it also is handy when Superpower runs out of PP. Rest-talk is really nice on it and can make Malamar a huge pain to deal with, once all SpA mons on the enemy team are brought down this thing can sweep fairly easily, it only has trouble with Clear Smog Muk or Haze Weezing.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
helio camel hariyama uxie malamar probopass

Honestly you aren't that weak to Ferroseed, so I can't really see how Probopass helps you out (especially that set). Usually when you use it you want to trap Mega Steelix or Ferroseed for sweepers like Feraligatr (Seed gone), Kanga or Swellow (Lix gone), etc. Ferroseed is setup fodder to your Malamar and you also have Camerupt + Hariyama along with Heliolisk just spamming Volt Switch on it (if they use it, it will most likely be their switch-in for Heliolisk as Heliolisk is known to beat all the Ground-types).

Here's my suggestion: put Stealth Rock over Eruption on Camerupt and try different things over Uxie and Probopass. SR > Eruption is mainly because Camerupt never needs a 4th move and Stealth Rock just works there. I see that your Uxie is your main way to beat Virizion, so if you do change it you will want a good answer to it (Poison-types such as Garbodor, Vileplume, Weezing, Muk can work). A different Uxie set could work too (ex: CM), but it would be redundant with Malamar in my opinion since Malamar already beats slow teams by itself lol. As for the Pokemon over Probopass, you could try a Archeops with Roost / Acrobatics / Earthquake / Taunt with Max Atk and Speed. This would give your team some speed and a strong hitter :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try out what you said. Also on the Ferroseed thing, I guess it doesn't give me trouble, I just hate it with a burning passion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)