First BS Doubles Team! Full Reactionary, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everyone! I am new to competitive pokemon, just started a couple of weeks ago and today I decided to sit down and finally create my own team instead of copy pasting any more!

I've done a bit of playing around with the team and really it's greatest shortcomings are basically anything that mess with my speed (IE TR, Slows etc) and status effects that stop me attacking (Swagger, Spore etc). I'm not sure how to maintain my current coverage with which I am pretty happy. I enjoy the totally reactionary style and seem to be able to survive the things I want to on swap ins.

I'm not sure where everyone gets all of the fancy gifs of the pokemon for their teams I've seen around so here's a nice little button, containing the importable of my team instead :D

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Return
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance-Change
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- U-Turn
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash-Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Togekiss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 24 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roost
- Follow Me

So I feel like Togekiss may be the oddball here, but I do want the flying and fairy stab while maintaining having something to cover my massive weakness to fighting (though not a concern as long as I maintain smart swaps and good picks in the team preview), so I'm sketchy on getting rid of it.

In any case, the goals are to fix my weakness to TR (Heatran and Aegislash aren't enough to deal with the typical compositions of most TR teams (I don't think...)), my inability to handle Sleep (Even though Ice Beam Greninja can one shot most of them), Swagger and Paralysis.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey hyumi, great to see you posting here!

It's not necessary to post an entirely new thread for a RMT, as we actually have a thread designed just for that. You could also consider posting in the actual RMT forum instead.

One other thing, since this is XY doubles (I only know this because we've talked on IRC) you should definitely note that. Any ORAS doubles talk is being redirected to the VGC forum for the time being as the rules for the formats are the same at the moment.

I'm gonna lock this thread, feel free to search for help in one of the threads I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)