First B/W Team

Never use this team anymore, because honestly? I think I've made better constructed teams after this. I found this at the bottom of my PC, decided to try it on pokemon battling sites, and found that it kicked some homie arse with swag. So yeah, I'll just put it out here for criticism and compliments (most likely the former)

Espie (Espeon) (F) @Light Clay
252 SpD/6 HP/252 Def
Nature: Bold (honestly don't care, anything that boosts Def)
Ability: Magic Bounce

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass

Okay, first glance tells you: Scizor bait, or maybe Taunt bait. I don't care, honestly; this thing gets 2HKO'd by max attack EVs Adamant Scizor, in which I can set up a screen. I also get 3HKO'd by Pursuit. THe CM Baton Pass is something I can get if my opponent's an idiot or I'm just lucky. Magic Bounce ensures no entry hazards, and I can take Blissey all day. So yeah, this thing can screw most leads in OU. If my opponent tries using Mienshao or Ambipom, well, let's say they don't have Pursuit.

(Sorry, couldn't find smaller artwork)

Got Swag? (Tornadus) (M) @Wide Lens
252 Spd/252 SpA/6 HP
Nature: Timid (+Spd,-Atk)
Ability: Prankster

-Taunt
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse

If my opponent is being an idiot and allows Espie to set up, this is one of the two special sweepers I go into with Calm Mind. Tornadus is a beast. Most special sweepers can kiss their *** goodbye, due to CM boosting SpD. Blissey can't do shiz to this thing; Taunt will have it in the other direction while I get outta there. Tornadus's strategy is to sweep fast and strong, with slightly more accurate Hurricanes and Focus Blasts. Ice Shard can only 2HKO this monster if the user is Adamant and has 252 Atk EVs. (Although, CB can send Got Swag into the great beyond) So yeah, special sweeper. Awkward ending.

(Wow, that's big. Anyone got a reliable source of small images?)

Ime Uba (Hydreigon) (F) @Life Orb/Choice Scarf
252 SpD/252 SpA/6 HP
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate

-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Dark Pulse

Yeah, this is the other special sweeper Espeon can go to. Also a beast, yada yada yada yeah this thing's predictable. Tell me if I should keep this. By the way, strategy: DIE DIE DIE DRACO METEOR DIE DIE
Yeah.

Zelda (Chansey) (M) @Eviolite
252 Def/160 SpD/92 HP
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure

-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-Aromatherapy
-Thunder Wave

Taunt will destroy this thing (or all Blisseys or Chanseys for that matter) but it is still an effective wall. It is my Stealth Rock user, as shown; however, I want to cripple everything, not just a few pokemon. Heatran and Skarmory can take a Thunder Wave to their steely arses, and I can sit back and pity the fool who attempts to set up, then toxify them. New word ftw. Also, Aromatherapy in case my sweepers get status ailments, heavenn forbid. (Granted, I could predict and switch into Espie, but I'm not that good)

Ozzie (Azelf) (?) @Leftovers
252 Atk/252 SpD/6 HP
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate

-ThunderPunch
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Explosion

Cool story, bro: I was fighting a guy a week ago on Pokemon Online with this Azelf. I had done some really bad predictions, and the guy was taunting me (no, not the move) about what a retard I was. The score was 5-2 him. He had a Gyarados out, and I ThunderPunched it, killing it instantly.

FlameOmega (him): hahaha lolz
FlameOmega: what a retard
FlameOmega: y dont u use tbolt you stupid ****
Master Aadvaki: ...prepare to die
FlameOmega: Whatev you stupid retard

Two minutes later...

FlameOmega (had Blissey out, score was 2-1 me): WTF your azelf is cheap
FlameOmega: u cant do shit to this blissey

*Azelf uses Explosion, kills Blissey*

FlameOmega: u hacked the system

Master Aadvaki won!

Yeah, this thing can take out non-Yache Berry Salamence, get rid of Gyarados, and so on. Pretty proud of it. It can also blow up for a cheap win.

Pimp Plant (Ferrothorn) (M) @Leftovers
252 Atk/170 SpD/82 Def
Nature: Careful
Ability: Iron Barbs

-Leech Seed
-Payback
-Power Whip
-Substitute

The final member of my team, Ferrothorn. This thing is my tank, dependent on switches. Ferrothorn's great walling ability and the source of 50% of the overpredictions on my battling life with this team make it valuable. Sub is to set up against Heatran switch ins, then I can get a free Leech Seed. It's tanking ability allows it to also be pretty decent in the physical department, too, as it can destroy all Espeons and Alakazams andn do decent damage otherwise.

So, what do y'all think of my team? It's got a lack of walls and hates early-game Blissey, but let's see what you fancy-dancies can also come up with.

I see two potential problems in this team.

1. The Azelf
2. The Hydreigon

I dont have a suggestion to replace Azelf yet. But in my opinion you should try a mixed hydreigon with Expert belt. It will catch you opponent off guard and possibly tip the match in you favor if you play it well. Here's the spread:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
104 AtK/ 240 SpA/ 164 SpE
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-U-turn/Outrage
-Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse/ Earthquake

Now I know I gave 2 moves per slot, just test out what works for you. =]

I really hope this helps.

I honestly would not care for any physical moves on Hydreigon, else it's stat distribution would be out of whack. As I can see, you gave me no nature to work with, as any nature on that set would be detrimental to another stat which could be vital in Hydrei's ability to damage or defend. I'm liking the Expert Belt strategy, though, and U-Turn looks like a promising move. I think, working with this set, I would take the special moves, and then U-Turn.

As for the Azelf, do you think I should give it Taunt to shut down boosting? I can't see myself getting rid of it, as it is not weak to priority, and has a moveset capable of taking out most of the pokemon I care about- Ferrothorn, Forretress, non-Yache Berry Salamence, and it can cripple Hydrei, provided it has no Choice Scarf. Should I make it special?

By the way, thanks for the criticism!

I honestly would not care for any physical moves on Hydreigon, else it's stat distribution would be out of whack. As I can see, you gave me no nature to work with, as any nature on that set would be detrimental to another stat which could be vital in Hydrei's ability to damage or defend. I'm liking the Expert Belt strategy, though, and U-Turn looks like a promising move. I think, working with this set, I would take the special moves, and then U-Turn.

As for the Azelf, do you think I should give it Taunt to shut down boosting? I can't see myself getting rid of it, as it is not weak to priority, and has a moveset capable of taking out most of the pokemon I care about- Ferrothorn, Forretress, non-Yache Berry Salamence, and it can cripple Hydrei, provided it has no Choice Scarf. Should I make it special?

By the way, thanks for the criticism!
Not a problem on the rate man I just gave you the physical moves as an option just in case you didnt know what to put in there =].

As far as Azelf, Im thinking of a possible trick set or swapping it out entirely for a Rachi. Ill get back to you when I test some of my ideas for this team.

Taking a glance at your team I saw that it was pretty mono-offensive, the only really defense being Chansey.

There is also a pretty big hole that you might want to cover. The Choice Scarf+Mixed Attacking Infernape which is becoming quickly popular can come in and decimate a large majority of your team. Tornadus falls to Stone Edge, Ferrothorn can't stand an Overheat, Hydreigon takes massive damage from a Hidden Power Ice or even a U-Turn. STAB attacks will quickly wear down Azelf and Close Combat decimates Chansey.

I would recommend running a Physically Defensive CM Latias It forms an excellent synergy with Chansey, Latias taking the common Fighting type threats and Chansey in turn being able to tank any special attacks that may come your way. You also don't have to worry so much about Espeon having to set up both screens by itself and may open up a slot for Psyshock or Psychic so that its not complete "set-up bait."

Latias set

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Reflect

Hope this helps out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)