Fiery Flower vs Damp Mushroom -- A Tourney Semi-Final Weather War

Hi everyone and welcome to my first warstory. I had this battle a few days ago, when we had a Standard OU tournament on the Smogon server (I was playing as my alt Marisa Kirisame). Anyway, this battle with Delko is from the Semi-Finals. Enjoy!

The log will be written in Bold Black
My Comments will be in Blue
Scores, team conditions, percentages and status conditions will be shown after each kill in red.
Leftovers will be shown once for each pokemon, then removed from the log
Sprites will only be shown when the Pokemon match-up changes, i.e, if at least one player switches out on that turn.

Battle between Delko and Marisa Kirisame started!

Tier: Standard OU
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Teams
Marisa Kirisame:

Delko:

Alright, after seeing his team in Preview, it’s obvious it’s a sun team. I decide to lead with Latios because it can handle most of Delko’s team with a Draco Meteor, since I’ve never seen Scarf-Dnite and Shadow Ball Espeon only once. Dugtrio could be a problem with Sucker Punch but Latios can Levitate so I won’t get trapped anyway. All in all, Latios seems like the best choice here.

Marisa Kirisame sent out Latios!
Delko sent out Dragonite!
vs

Good, Latios vs D-nite is fine. DM OHKOs, even through Multiscale, so going for the obvious thing is fine for now. It should OHKO every member of his team except Forretress from here. If he goes to Forretress, it’ll be a good chance to get Politoed into the match for rain early.

Start of turn 1
Latios used Draco Meteor!
It's super effective!
The foe's Dragonite lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Current Score: 6-5 Aleva Latios, Breloom, Politoed, Scizor, Starmie, Ferrothorn
vs Venusaur, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Forretress, Espeon
Delko sent out Forretress!

Start of turn 2

vs

Excellent. Latios is pulling his weight early. Now, I’m locked (I run Specs), so there’s no point staying in. I guess now’s as good a time as ever to get my rain up. If he uses SR, I can Encore him into it, which is always a nice plus, too.

Marisa Kirisame called Latios back!
Marisa Kirisame sent out Politoed!
Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
The foe's Forretress used Volt Switch!
It's super effective!
Politoed lost 78 HP! (20% of its health)
Delko called Forretress back!
Delko sent out Dugtrio!
Rain continues to fall!

Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(Removing henceforth)

Start of turn 3

vs

Well, that turn did not go well at all. Getting stuck against a Dugtrio is not what I wanted. Now though, my Politoed runs Scald / Ice Beam / Encore / Toxic, so Scald can OHKO him while his EQ does little damage, but I’m suspicious of this Dugtrio. I know it can’t OHKO me with EQ, so I’m assuming it’s a Focus Sash variant that uses Reversal. With that in mind, Scald and Ice Beam to drop his HP to 1 for him seem stupid. He’s likely to EQ now, so Encore isn’t really the best option, since it’ll make likely mean I’ll be taking 3 EQs altogether while I 2HKO him, and I want to keep Politoed as healthy as possible. Toxic, on the other hand, lets me break his sash this turn and then OHKO with Scald next turn, letting me only take 2 EQs. Even if this is a Banded Dugtrio, EQ won’t 2HKO me while Toxic + Scald will kill him regardless of what set he has. With that in mind, Toxic seems like the best move here.

The foe's Dugtrio used Earthquake!
Politoed lost 111 HP! (28% of its health)
Politoed used Toxic!
The foe's Dugtrio was poisoned!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Dugtrio is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 4

That turn went as planned, the best possible scenario for me. Now Step 2, Scald for the kill.

Delko called Dugtrio back!
Delko sent out Ninetales!
The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
Politoed used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ninetales lost 22% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Ninetales restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(Removing henceforth)

Start of turn 5

vs

Alright, Dugtrio ran away, Ninetales is out, and my rain is no more, which is quite annoying. Well, at least I know this isn’t a choiced Tales, since it has Lefties. I’m guessing it’s gonna fire off a status move now, so I think I’ll hit it with Toxic. Wearing down the opponent’s weather starter is always important.

Delko called Ninetales back!
Delko sent out Espeon!
Politoed used Toxic!
Politoed's Toxic was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
Politoed was poisoned!
The sunlight is strong!
Politoed is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 6

vs

Unfortunately, Delko has again predicted my move and I’m now in trouble. I don’t know anything about this Espeon; it could be a support set, a CM set or even Specs, and Encore / Toxic aren’t going to do anything now. Switching to Ferrothorn seems like a safe bet.

Marisa Kirisame called Politoed back!
Marisa Kirisame sent out Ferrothorn!
The foe's Espeon used Baton Pass!
Delko called Espeon back!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 7

vs

Alright, this is getting annoying. This is the third time Delko’s predicted my switch and played to get himself into a favourable position. Looking at the situation now, a fire attack seems to be coming next. But if I think about it, I don’t think Delko will actually use one. I haven’t been showing any signs of prediction yet, and he’s been predicting each move I make and outplaying me, so it stands to reason that he’s quite confident in doing it again. This means, Ninetales is either going to go back to Espeon, or try to status me. I’m going for status, so I think I’ll just cripple him in return. Thunder Wave sounds good, and even if he goes back to Espeon, Ferro is so slow that it won’t really matter.

The foe's Ninetales used Will-O-Wisp!
Ferrothorn was burned!
Ferrothorn used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Ninetales is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The sunlight is strong!
Ferrothorn is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 8

Awesome. Ninetales is effectively crippled now, and I think he’s about to use Flamethrower or Fire Blast, seeing as I didn’t switch. Politoed, I choose you!
Marisa Kirisame called Ferrothorn back!
The foe's Ninetales is paralyzed! It can't move!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 9

vs

Unfortunate bit of parahax, but I don’t think a Grass-type move was coming anyway. Now, Delko MUST switch Tales out, or he loses the weather war, and most likely, the match. Like I said at the beginning, Latios handles all of his team just fine, so it’s double switch time!

Marisa Kirisame sent out Latios!
Delko sent out Venusaur!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 10

vs

I’m on a roll, yeah! Alright, DM is the obvious move here, but now I’m starting to feel really good about myself. Team Preview told me that Delko only has Forretress as a Steel-Type, so I’m going to Trick instead of DM to cripple it too.

Delko called Venusaur back!
Latios used Trick!
Latios switched items with the foe's Forretress!
Latios obtained one Leftovers!
The foe's Forretress obtained one Choice Specs!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11

vs

Alright, I don’t think Forretress can kill Latios now, so Surf away! Even if Venusaur comes in, no sun means I outspeed and he’s just in danger again.

Latios used Surf!
The foe's Forretress lost 61% of its health!
The foe's Forretress used Gyro Ball!
grotesque is watching the battle.
Latios lost 154 HP! (50% of its health)
Rain continues to fall!
Latios restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(Removing henceforth)

Start of turn 12

Ouch, that took out a larger chunk of my health than I thought it would. In the beginning, my basic plan was to find opportunities with Latios to spam DMs at him, so this is going to cut that plan a bit short. Well, no reason to not surf again.

Latios used Surf!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ninetales lost 32% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13

vs

So, Tales is back. Now, at the time, I was just thinking ‘Tales is at about 40% now, so let’s Surf for the 2HKO’. Sounds like a plan, right?

Delko sent out Venusaur!
Latios used Surf!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Venusaur lost 9% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14

vs

Alright… that’s… annoying… But now, more importantly, Venusaur outspeeds Latios in sun and I just realized that the reason why Delko switched Tales in last turn was to make Venusaur faster. I’m guessing this Venusaur is the standard Growth, Sleep Powder, 2 attacks Venusaur that I usually see, usually Sludge Bomb + HP Fire. I don’t think a +0 Sludge Bomb KOs me now, so DM again. Even if Latios loses most of his HP for this, I need to eliminate the faster threats so my LO Starmie can sweep later.

The foe's Venusaur used Sludge Bomb!
A critical hit!
Latios lost 202 HP! (66% of its health)
Latios fainted!
The foe's Venusaur is hurt by its Life Orb!
The sunlight is strong!

Current Score: 5-5 tie

Breloom 100%, Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 100%, Starmie 100%, Ferrothorn 88%(burned)
vs Venusaur 81%, Ninetales 70%(paralysed), Dugtrio 93%(poisoned), Forretress 100%, Espeon 100%

Start of turn 15

vs

Sadly, Latios is haxed out by the crit, and I just lost a key Pokemon to my offense. Latios is usually a big part of how I win against sun teams. I switched to Politoed to get rain up, and now, I’m going to switch to Ferro to take the Sludge Bomb.

Marisa Kirisame sent out Ferrothorn!
It had no effect!
Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16

vs

Alright. Now, I’m pretty sure that HP Fire won’t KO Ferro from here, since its raining atm. Time to whittle down Venusaur with Power Whip, I guess. Looking back, the correct move was to get rocks up or paralyse him now, but I was paranoid of Espeon at the time and didn’t think about it.

Ferrothorn used Power Whip!
The foe's Ninetales lost 12% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 17

vs

Urgh, that fox… thing is back and now I’m going to have to switch again. Starmie seems like a safe bet. Even a half damage Hydro Pump should do about 60% damage for the KO, right?

Marisa Kirisame called Ferrothorn back!
Marisa Kirisame sent out Starmie!
Delko sent out Venusaur!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 18

vs

Clearly not. Delko has once again, double switched me and I’m starting to feel his playstyle a bit more. So far, he seems to enjoy switching into favourable positions that force me to switch, and then using those free turns to fire off attacks and status quite a lot. But back to the battle, Venusaur is probably gonna fire off a Sleep Powder or just try KO Starmie with Sludge Bomb now. Politoed can shrug off a Sludge Bomb, and if he decides to Sleep Powder, can absorb the status because he’s poisoned already. Also, if he uses Growth instead, then I’ll be able to cut his sweep short by halving his speed, too.

Marisa Kirisame called Starmie back!
The foe's Venusaur absorbed light!
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19

vs

Oh, what? Solarbeam? Excellent. Does this mean Delko isn’t actually running HP Fire? I was a bit surprised that he didn’t use it against Ferrothorn before, but if he’s actually running the Growth, Sleep Powder 2 Attacks set, then he doesn’t have it. In that case… Scizor is perfect for the job. A 4x resist to grass and immunity to poison, then I U-Turn as he switches out… great.

Marisa Kirisame sent out Scizor!
The foe's Venusaur used SolarBeam!
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 77 HP! (22% of its health)
Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20

vs

Unnecessary crit there, but it was so insignificant it doesn’t really matter. Now then, U-Turn away!

So, Forretress. The perfect set-up fodder for Breloom.
Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Forretress lost 16% of its health!
Marisa Kirisame called Scizor back!
Marisa Kirisame sent out Breloom!
Rain continues to fall!
Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Breloom was poisoned!

Start of turn 21

vs

Alright, it’s Spore time! No, that’s what noobs do. If I Spore now, it’s likely that Delko will switch to Espeon and then threaten to OHKO me with Psychic. Substitute is the way to go.

Delko sent out Espeon!
Breloom used Substitute!
Breloom made a substitute!
Rain continues to fall!
Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 22

Standard stuff. BRELOOM, FALCAWN PUNCH!

Breloom is tightening its focus!
The foe's Espeon used Psychic!
It's super effective!
Breloom's substitute faded!
Breloom used Focus Punch!
The foe's Espeon lost 77% of its health!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Espeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(Removing henceforth)

Start of turn 23

Oh… not a OHKO. I knew Espeon was frail, so I was hoping… but still… oh well. So, now, time to switch?
Wait a minute. Delko’s Espeon knows Baton Pass. That means… he’s going to use it, anticipating my switch, to get himself a favourable match-up. He still hasn’t really changed it up from before, so that’s quite a likely scenario. In that case… the best move for me is to Sub, and then take on the next pokemon that comes out.

The foe's Espeon used Baton Pass!
Delko called Espeon back!
Breloom used Substitute!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24

vs

Score! A free substitute! Now I’ve got a free turn to attack him. I love free stuff. Time to go nice and obvious. Stone Edge, go! If he stays in and I OHKO him, I can keep my sub up for the next Pokemon. Win-Win!

Breloom used Stone Edge!
The attack of Breloom missed!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25

vs

Ew. Miss. Not absolutely significant… but still annoying. Not sure why I didn’t Focus Punch here, but oh well.

Breloom used Stone Edge!
The foe's Forretress lost 22% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26

At this point, I was considering stalling out the Gyro Balls. After all, there’s only 8 of them. The next few turns are just him breaking my subs, so no commentary here and I’ll shrink the size a bit.

Breloom used Substitute!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 27
Breloom used Substitute!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 28

Alright, just realized, this is stupid. I’m going to run out of HP before he runs out of PP, so I have to Spore sooner or later. Now sounds good, then sub up again for the free attack. I don’t think he’s going to switch to Espeon now, because I’ve just been making the same move over and over again, so it should be fine.

Breloom used Spore!
The foe's Forretress fell asleep!
The foe's Forretress is fast asleep!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 29

Good. Step 1. Clear. Step 2. Sub.
Delko sent out Espeon!
Breloom used Substitute!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 30

vs

So, Delko’s decided to sac Espeon. Well, I’ll gladly accept that.
The foe's Espeon used Psychic!
It's super effective!
Breloom used Stone Edge!
The foe's Espeon lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Espeon fainted!
The sunlight is strong!
Delko sent out Venusaur!
Score: 5 – 4 Aleva

Breloom 87%(poisoned), Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Starmie 100%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)
vs Venusaur 71%, Ninetales 76%(paralysed), Dugtrio 93%(poisoned), Forretress 1%(sleeping)

Start of turn 31

vs

Alright, Espeon is down. Looking at his team now, Starmie + Scizor can defeat the whole team (Starmie kills all except Trio, Scizor BPs, gg). But I need rain to do it, and I don’t want Politoed to get hurt. Or maybe I thought Delko would overpredict and use Growth or Sleep Powder expecting a Toed switch and let me set up a sub.

It's super effective!
Breloom lost 231 HP! (87% of its health)
Breloom fainted!
The sunlight is strong!

Score: 4 – 4 Tie

Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Starmie 100%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)
vs Venusaur 61%, Ninetales 76%(paralysed), Dugtrio 93%(poisoned), Forretress 1%(sleeping)

Start of turn 32

vs

Alright, looking back on it, that wasn’t really how I wanted it to work… but at least I’ve got rain now. Venusaur is annoying me more and more and I want it gone, so Politoed, use Ice Beam!

Politoed used Ice Beam!
The foe's Ninetales lost 8% of its health!
The sunlight is strong!
Politoed restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 33

vs

Urgh, this means I just wasted Breloom for no reason… and now I’m in more trouble, since sun is back up. Well, I’m still convinced he doesn’t know Energy Ball / Solarbeam, so it’s Starmie’s turn to shine.

Marisa Kirisame sent out Starmie!
The foe's Ninetales used Flamethrower!
Starmie lost 82 HP! (31% of its health)
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 34

vs

Alright, now. Starmie took the hit decently, and now it’s my turn to strike back. Now, I was all for Hydro Pump this time. After all, Venusaur’s been hit many times by LO recoil now, so I’m pretty sure that Hydro Pump, even in the sun, would lower it down to a HP low enough to severely limit the number of attacks he uses.

Starmie used Hydro Pump!
The foe's Forretress lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!
Starmie is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sunlight is strong!
Delko sent out Venusaur!

Score: 4 – 3 Aleva

Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Starmie 59%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)
vs Venusaur 61%, Ninetales 76%(paralysed), Dugtrio 93%(poisoned),

Start of turn 35

vs

Delko made a good move there, as Forretress was the biggest cause of death fodder ever (0% and sleeping? Lol). Now then, Venusaur’s back in and for some reason, I expected Starmie to survive a Sludge Bomb at 58% and then KO back with Ice Beam.

Starmie lost 154 HP! (58% of its health)
Starmie fainted!
The sunlight is strong!

Score: 3 – 3 Tie

Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)

vs Venusaur 51%, Ninetales 76%(paralysed), Dugtrio 93%(poisoned)

Start of turn 36

vs

Oh man… that’s painful. Especially when I’ve already shown that Scizor could handle his Venusaur just fine, didn’t I show myself that earlier? Well, shaking off the horror of another pointless death, Scizor is back for VENGEANCE! U-Turn away!

Scizor used U-turn!
A critical hit!
The foe's Ninetales lost 77% of its health!
The foe's Ninetales fainted!
Marisa Kirisame called Scizor back!
Rain continues to fall!
Delko sent out Venusaur!

Score: 3-2 Aleva

Politoed 70%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)

vs Venusaur 51%, Dugtrio 93%(poisoned)

Start of turn 37

vs
-->

Alright, let’s review. I just killed his Ninetales, and now I have permanent rain up for the rest of the match. Although that crit was haxy, it made up for the Latios crit earlier, and, as Delko pointed out to me after the battle, it wouldn’t have changed much because I would have still ended up with the weather advantage which would have let me to victory (Politoed could Ice Beam both Duggy and Venusaur, and a normal U-Turn put Ninetales (and the rest of his team) into Bullet Punch KO range anyway).
Now then, I’m actually quite sure this time that Politoed will survive a Sludge Bomb at this health, and now he can KO Venusaur back with Ice Beam.

Politoed lost 184 HP! (47% of its health)
Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Venusaur lost 40% of its health!
The foe's Venusaur fainted!
Rain continues to fall!
Delko sent out Dugtrio!
Score: 3-1 Aleva

Politoed 15%(poisoned), Scizor 78%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)
vs Dugtrio 93%(poisoned)

Start of turn 38

vs

Bah, unnecessary and pointless crits. Nothing really worth writing about here, Duggy OHKOs me with EQ.
The foe's Dugtrio used Earthquake!
Politoed lost 59 HP! (15% of its health)
Politoed fainted!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Dugtrio is hurt by poison!
Score: 2-1 Aleva

Scizor 78%, Ferrothorn 76%(burned)
vs Dugtrio 87%(poisoned)

Start of turn 39

vs

GG Delko. It was a fun match, and you were a great challenge.
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Dugtrio lost 87% of its health!
The foe's Dugtrio fainted!

Marisa Kirisame won the battle!

And that’s it. I then went on to win the Final round of the tournament, but I found this battle much more exciting. Anyway, on to Props and Slops!

Props:
· Both players for predicting around each other’s switches very often
· Venusaur for killing half my team
· Breloom, for punching big holes with his FALCAWN PUNCH into the opposing team
· The hax for roughly balancing out well
· Delko for a great match

Slops
· Delko, for leaving in D-Nite in first turn against Latios and getting it OHKOd for no compensation
· Me, for leaving in two pokemon (Breloom and Starmie) to get KOd for no real compensation.
· Dugtrio, for failing to do the job he was meant to; trapping other weather starters and eliminating them
· Me, for randomly using Stone Edge when Focus Punch was the better move.

And now, the MVP. I think it would have to be…

BRELOOM

Breloom was the one that broke the lock between us. He crippled Forretress, killed Espeon, and gave me a lead in the score when it was 5-5.

Fun match, good commentary, and some nice predictions on both sides.
Not too many misplays, not too much hax.
Overall, nice warstory!

good warstory but some bad misplays (who keeps a dragonite against any kind of latios? lol) and bad crits (u-turn killing ninetales for example) made it less attractive.

7/10

holy shit 29 people seeing this....

nice warstory crits took a little out of excitement but most of them did'nt really matter so 8.5.

This was actually a really fun read. There were definitely misplays and no one likes to see important crits, but nobody's perfect.

8/10

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Awsome warstory :). Nice commentary, great battle, great predictions on both sides. Some of the hax was unfortunate, but they balanced out like you said. Wonder how things would have played out of Dragonite was around...

URG BRELOOOOM!

That said, I really enjoyed this one. The commentary was revealing and the tone comfortable, and the battle was really great except for a couple incidents that you recognized. It's hard to believe this is your first warstory! :D

Your opponent might've been projecting his playstyle onto you and expecting you to predict him to switch to Forry. If you had HP Fire'd or something, he would've taken out Latios or tried to sweep.

gogo Aleva!
my what a bro you are...

Onto the warstory. I must admit, you chose a really good battle IMO to warstory-ify, and it was good that you mentioned the tourney final thing, but didn't harp on it. There were good predictions, and your commentary was like an oasis in a desert. Very refreshing to see quality, insightful comments in a warstory.
Good formatting, with sprites and no screwy colors and score updates, but percentages would be very much appreciated. I kept thinking, "Wow, isn't Ninetales dead yet?".
Nonetheless, very good warstory, Aleva. You should make another one... someday.

gogo Aleva!
my what a bro you are...

Onto the warstory. I must admit, you chose a really good battle IMO to warstory-ify, and it was good that you mentioned the tourney final thing, but didn't harp on it. There were good predictions, and your commentary was like an oasis in a desert. Very refreshing to see quality, insightful comments in a warstory.
Good formatting, with sprites and no screwy colors and score updates, but percentages would be very much appreciated. I kept thinking, "Wow, isn't Ninetales dead yet?".
Nonetheless, very good warstory, Aleva. You should make another one... someday.
Hahaha, me too! I was so surprised to see it lose so much health when it died.

I'd also say that some hax and misplays affected the battle, but not to the extent where it had a negative effect on the warstory in my opinion; the excellent prediction made up for anything negative in that regard. Good battle, pretty good commentary, too. :)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Instant 0/10 since the sun team lost. I'd go negative if I could.

7/10 for wonderful formatting and insightful commentary. You portrayed your thoughts well and at no point was I left thinking, "Well, why'd you make that move?". As others said, there were some misplays and the crit on both latios and ninetales kind of sucked, but what can you do. The battle was good and you showed great use on stone edge on breloom (which only sees a moveslot in the DW tier). Delko also had some pretty good prediction skills. There was the ocassional misplay, like on the very first turn for instance, but it was nothing too gamebreaking.

Honestly this was not the best warstory. Lots of misplays on your part, and plenty of hax where it mattered. Your commentary was mostly decent, but a better battle would have significantly improved this warstory.

@ssbbm
Thanks, that's probably the part I'm most proud of in the entire battle

@XIIIII
Which misplays are you referring to now? And I don't see what you mean by 'plenty of hax'. Only three haxy things were in the battle, and I explained that the Ninetales crit and the Ninetales fully para made very little difference anyway.

@Slim
Ninetales only really took 2 hits in the battle (Scald and Ice Beam from Politoed). Scald was halved in power from sun and Ice beam was resisted anyway, lol. And lefties kept it healthy for most of it.

Still, I might add percentages next time. If I'm not feeling lazy

To everyone else, thank you for the positive feedback.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh hey a good warstory for once, also the opposing team is ohko'd by DM (except forry who's 2hko'd) so starting with dragonite, whilst a misplay, as most people assume multiscale lets it surive, there wasn't much alternative to it.

Hehe, you made a nice prediction at turn 36 as my Venusaur actually does have HP Fire, I was just predicting the Bullet Punch and therefor went to Ninetales to take it.
It was a good match! ^^

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Fun warstory to read, definately. 10/10 As ssbbm, said, Turn 23 was amazing. But then again, all the turns were.

So, Tales is back. Now, at the time, I was just thinking ‘Tales is at about 40% now, so let’s Surf for the 2HKO’. Sounds like a plan, right?
Or Draco Meteor for the OHKO on both Ninetales AND Venusaur, meaning Venu couldn't have swept half of your team.

Anyways, 7/10

Nice warstory. Minor nitpicks are solarbeam on Venusaur and using Stone Edge in places Focus Punch would have been better (vs Espeon and Forretress, Focus Punch > Stone Edge)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)