Announcement Fiend is Kickin' It as the New Little Cup Tier Leader

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
houndour.gif

Fiend is one of Little Cup's longest contributors and has always had a great mind for policy. Fiend's excellent contributions over the years include, but aren't limited to being the leader of the VR and being one of the LC Discord moderators for a long time now. I think it's time he earned some recognition for being the superstar he has been over the years. He will be leading the LC tier alongside me!

Please direct any complaint about broken LC Pokemon or unbans to him. He can make these things happen now.

lol seriously? another tier leader that doesn't actually play the game. damn, we really aren't taking lc seriously at this point. we have so many good players in lc and yet we keep on picking tier leaders that don't actually play the game. is this some kind smogon politics because realistically I don't see much reason to appoint fiend as tier leader?

personally I don't have much against fiend but lately, these promotions have not been making any sense to me. firstly fiend gets added to the lc council (which was never posted publicly on the lc tiering thread until he was seen as a council member on the latest council minutes) as a result of some others leaving. was this needed or justified? the answer to both is no.

LC has the biggest council of all the slam tiers with only uu having a comparable amount. so I think we didn't really need more council members. besides that, it might sound rude to all the fiend fans here but I don't think he is qualified to be a council member let alone tier leader.

when I asked our other tier leader coconut why fiend was added to the council there was this reasoning; former council experience, contributions throughout the years, and being able to articulate his thoughts well compared to others. I don't think this makes very much sense because being council in oras has nothing to do with ss, contributions don't make someone qualified to be council if that was the case we would have someone like DC on council lol. and finally being able to articulate his thoughts well doesn't make much sense because we have had a lot of council members talk in suspect / metagame discussion threads with Corporal Levi being one of the better ones.

in my eyes, we should have tier leaders that actually play the game. again if we compare lc to other slam tiers we see in every tier at least 1 tier leader that plays the game except lc. I also don't understand what adding fiend does for the community. after failing to lead one of the strongest lcwc teams ever in WAP he clearly is not respected by a lot of other LC players. when I see fiend in lc it's mainly cuz of qc work or talking in #thepool in the lc discord with the lc discord mains that mostly don't even play lc and talk about other stuff most of the time.

overall to sum up my post:
this application was unneeded, not logical, and gives us nothing for the community other than confusion on why we still have tier leaders that are not playing the game and not respected by half the community.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
lol seriously? another tier leader that doesn't actually play the game. damn, we really aren't taking lc seriously at this point. we have so many good players in lc and yet we keep on picking tier leaders that don't actually play the game. is this some kind smogon politics because realistically I don't see much reason to appoint fiend as tier leader?

personally I don't have much against fiend but lately, these promotions have not been making any sense to me. firstly fiend gets added to the lc council (which was never posted publicly on the lc tiering thread until he was seen as a council member on the latest council minutes) as a result of some others leaving. was this needed or justified? the answer to both is no.

LC has the biggest council of all the slam tiers with only uu having a comparable amount. so I think we didn't really need more council members. besides that, it might sound rude to all the fiend fans here but I don't think he is qualified to be a council member let alone tier leader.

when I asked our other tier leader coconut why fiend was added to the council there was this reasoning; former council experience, contributions throughout the years, and being able to articulate his thoughts well compared to others. I don't think this makes very much sense because being council in oras has nothing to do with ss, contributions don't make someone qualified to be council if that was the case we would have someone like DC on council lol. and finally being able to articulate his thoughts well doesn't make much sense because we have had a lot of council members talk in suspect / metagame discussion threads with Corporal Levi being one of the better ones.

in my eyes, we should have tier leaders that actually play the game. again if we compare lc to other slam tiers we see in every tier at least 1 tier leader that plays the game except lc. I also don't understand what adding fiend does for the community. after failing to lead one of the strongest lcwc teams ever in WAP he clearly is not respected by a lot of other LC players. when I see fiend in lc it's mainly cuz of qc work or talking in #thepool in the lc discord with the lc discord mains that mostly don't even play lc and talk about other stuff most of the time.

overall to sum up my post:
this application was unneeded, not logical, and gives us nothing for the community other than confusion on why we still have tier leaders that are not playing the game and not respected by half the community.
ratio

ojrs homophobic af and i disavow that. ojr apologize rn. however, hes absolute right about fiend being thoroughly unqualified for a tl role. his mismanaging of wap, aside from his total lack of mons knowledge and understanding, is evidence that beyond being an awful player, he also lacks people skills. everyone ive spoken to tells me fiend is one of the most condescending individuals theyve ever interacted with. he rarely listens to others, even when he is completely unqualified (see: his unwillingness to play z strats, a snake lcer, in the team he was managing, contrary to ninja and dcaes strong recommendations) in the end, his attitude forced the team to splinter into a new team chat without fiend with the team completely intact simply bc he was that bad. how can i expect anything better than this total incompetence now that fiend has been promoted to a position that requires similar skills but even less accountability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)