SS LC FEESH AND FREN (went to 1300's with this which is pretty good considering how much at suck at pokemon.)

Hello people, welcome to my first RMT and my 100th post. I hope I don't fuck this up too bad. Without further babbling, lets go straight to the teambuilding process! :blobuwu: (I made this team two months ago so it maybe outdated?) You can also see this team at the LC Sample Teams thread. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ss-lc-sample-teams.3661419/post-8917623

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
:carvanha:

I wanted to build around a very underappreciated threat, Carvanha. So I made a team around it.
:carvanha: :diglett:
I added Diglett because it's a trapper so it can remove mareanies in a vacuum. Now thinking of it, this is not very mandatory to this team, I'm considering to change this into Staryu or something.
:carvanha: :diglett: :ferroseed:
I added ferroseed because obligatory grookey check, you should have at least 1, the more the better. (be sure to not focus your team around Grookey, there are other cancerous threats like Mienfoo and HO.)
:carvanha: :diglett: :ferroseed: :koffing:
I added Koffing because :wynaut:? It's also another check to grookey which is pretty pog. (This can be changed to Mareanie for a threat in the threat list but overall Grookey is more valuable than the threat mentioned below.)
:carvanha: :diglett: :ferroseed: :koffing: :timburr:
I WANTED to add Mienfoo but shitty webs said no and I put Timburr begrudgingly because I hate webs. (Keep in mind I built this TWO MONTHS AGO.)
:carvanha: :diglett: :ferroseed: :koffing: :timburr: :ponyta-galar:
I added Galarian Ponyta because it's the Poison killer. Kind of an awful explanation but I can't think of anything to put at the time ok? I was just trying out LC and then it became my favorite tier because OU is plague dust and boring AF. (Any tier below OU is 3X better than it ok? The worst ones are probably PU and UU but they are still fun if you know how to play them.
:carvanha: :diglett: :ferroseed: :koffing: :timburr: :abra:
After testing around a lil bit, I realized Galarian Ponyta was not cutting it. It's always getting limited by Pawniard's sucker punch and doing near nothing, so I added Abra. It can trade with Grookey via Sash Counter.
:carvanha: :diglett: :pawniard: :koffing: :timburr: :abra:
The final version of the team. I switched out ferroseed for Pawniard because Abra and other Psychic types give me cancer too much and I wanted to change it. (FOCUS MISS DOES NOT EXIST TO ME.)

THE TEAM

:ss/carvanha:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Crunch
-Flip Turn/Aqua Jet
The GOAT/FEESH? of the team. It can clean somewhat easily with Protect, getting a free turn for Speed Boost. It also can be a pivot for Psychic type attacks or just generally resisted attacks and pivot out with Flip Turn. The 9 HP IV's are for Life Orb damage, it gives you 1HP recoil per hit instead of 2HP per hit. I choose Adamant for maximum power, but it can be annoying against things like Max Speed Jolly Eviolite Mienfoo. Try not to switch this into any attack (even resisted) if unnecessary. You can go on autopilot with this thing most of the time since it's stabs are very hard to switch in to given that Water/Dark is an amazing offensive typing, only Cottonee can resist both. (Which is kinda limited to HO and struggles against Koffing.)

:ss/diglett:
Diglett @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Final Gambit
- Sucker Punch/Whatever you want, Bulldoze is kinda cool.
The Trapper of the team. This is also an Volt Switch Absorber, albeit a frail one. You can trap bulky mons like Mareanie or Ponyta or finish off mons like Abra, Larvesta, Magnemite and much more. Beat Up allows you to trap Abra and kill it with ease thanks to Beat Up being multi hit, bypassing sash. Choice Scarf is for a threat mentioned below. You can also chunk Foongus with Final Gambit. This is also a decent check to sun teams as you can kill Vulpix instantly (even Choice Scarfed ones) due to also having a Choice Scarf Yourself.

:ss/pawniard:
Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head/Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
When in doubt and Psychics always destroy you, use Pawniard. It's that simple. Pawniard IS the Psychic Killer. (provided they don't focus miss) Somewhat standard set here. Knock Off is very hard to switch in to, because it can remove key items like Eviolite, Berry Juice, Choice Scarf and much more. Defiant is used for Deterring Defog and gain some offensive momentum. SR is used for crippling the team and put the opponent in a Catch 22, either to continue dealing with hazards, making Carvanha's job of cleaning up easier or deal with a +2 Pawniard which is not fun to switch in to unless you have a drilbur. This is also a Grookey Soft-Check.

:ss/koffing:
Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate/Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split/Whatever you want I like recovery, even if it's inconsistent
- Fire Blast
- Sleep Talk
Grookey check moment. This is not a hard-check due to having offensive EV's, but EV's and natures can be changed if you really, REALLY hate Grookey and despise it. (+2 Wood Hammer does over 50% something iirc) I'm using Levitate because this team lacks a Ground Type switch in, and the team appreciates it. I use Fire Blast over Flamethrower is because good LC players won't send their Ferroseed into a Koffing unless absolutely necessary. They will and must be scared of a fire move. This is also a Mienfoo check, but due to needing Levitate, it can't force progress with Mienfoo, but you can change it according to your needs. Sleep Talk is for ANNOYING Foongus.

:ss/timburr:
Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Defog
The Hazard Remover of the team. The teammates really appreciate the hazard removal, and you can beat most entry hazard users which is a big plus. The HP and Def EV's are for having a very high chance to live three Acrobatics from Grookey. (1.1% specifically) This also works as a glue for the team, making it easier to take attacks and Mach Punch can be a very useful tool for revenge killing or doing a last ditch effort. This is a Pawniard check, but losing Eviolite can be annoying at times.

:ss/abra:
Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Counter
- Dazzling Gleam/Whatever you want
- Protect
The POISON KILLER. You can trade kills with very important targets like Grookey and Choice Scarf Mienfoo, or the threat below via Counter. Protect can prevent Trapinch's First Impression and prevent Fake Out from Mienfoo. Psychic also hits pretty hard considering Abra's SpAtk. This is also my teams immediate speed control.
This also helps against HO as you can trade with other pokemon like Zigzagoon. I do honestly think this slot is replacable for other pokemon.

THREAT LIST
:grookey:-There are no counters to this thing. The only one counter is Ponyta and Pure Fire Types like Magby. (There are of course pokemon like Deino and Rookidee but they are very niche/never ever seen in competitive play.)
Fire Types-When your Fire Resist is CARVANHA, you know your going to have a hard time with fire types.
Poison Types-Although there are more Resists/Immunes, it's still quite hard to switch in to.
:salandit:-YES, SALANDIT. A LC RU POKEMON. This mon legit made one of pokemon drop when it switched in. The previous version had Sash Diglett so it could legitimately 6-0 my team.
There are others but my time is limited when i'm writing this, IT'S TAKING TOO LONG. LIKE 6 HOURS OR SOMETHING.

POTENTIAL CHANGES
:carvanha: into :staryu: This can solve the entry hazard problem and can make you run Mienfoo, but this destroys the point of this team.
:diglett: into :trapinch: I'd say it's a pretty good change, removing Grookey with CB First Impression is always huge for any and every team.
:timburr: into :mienfoo: I hope you do well against hazards if not using staryu.:blobthumbsup:

No replays section btw, I don't get the link for them, I DOWNLOAD THEM. 3 times easier no cap.

I don't have much friends in this platform (because i'm antisocial) so.....
1v1 the tier, you made me hit 1500's which is very pog:blobthumbsup:
Ubers, you made me break 1400's which is kinda pog but not as pog as 1500's.
doc1203 If you ever want to play LC again, I'm gonna try and give you some teams.:blobnom:
Thats it lol.

Importable:https://pokepast.es/faa01c4430a8bee0

I hope yall had fun reading this pls rate my RMT. pls pls pls lol.

Capture694.PNG
(Ignore GXE I suck at pokemon ok? PLS NO SLANDER.:blobtriumph:

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey ya, cool team! Carvanha is a really fun pick in LC, and it can do serious damage if you manage to support it well. I think your team is quite different from the traditional HO builds that Carvanha is usually seen on, and I will try to keep that in mind with these changes. Without further ado, here are my suggestions.

Major Changes:
:Pawniard: --> :Ferroseed:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Ferroseed is a common partner on non-HO Carvanha teams because it provides a lot of support that Carvanha wants: a check to Staryu, Spikes to put foes into KO range, Knock Off to weaken Fighting-types, and Thunder Wave for Speed control. It keeps the Grookey soft check part of Pawniard and still does well against Psychic-types that are not Mystical Fire Galarian Ponyta.

:Diglett: --> :Trapinch:
Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Feint
- First Impression
- Superpower

Trapinch is better than Diglett on Carvanha teams for two reasons: it can remove Grookey with First Impression and weaken/remove Ferroseed with Superpower. With Trapinch, you can still handle Pawniard and Ponyta while still having First Impression and Feint to pressure Psychic-types that might give you problems. This is quite a standard set and runs enough Speed EVs to outspeed Ferroseed.

:Timburr: --> :Mienfoo:
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

As you pointed out, Mienfoo over Timburr is a good change. Entry hazard removal is not super necessary in the current meta, and it actually is a detriment to your team, since you are basically giving a free turn to the opponent. Mienfoo is basically the best Pokemon in the tier, with its ability to exert pressure with HJK and Knock Off, bring in Carvanha safely with U-turn, and priority in Fake Out.

:Abra: --> :Mudbray:
Mudbray @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

For my last major change, I went with an unorthodox pick: Stealth Rock Choice Scarf Mudbray. It may seem counter intuitive to put an entry hazard on a Choice item user, but I think its a good fit. Choice Scarf Mudbray gives the team a secondary wincon, a Pokemon to pressure Fire-types, and an additional wallbreaking tool for Carvanha to clean late-game.

Minor Changes:
:Carvanha:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet / Liquidation

Carvanha should be running Psychic Fangs; it pretty much pressures a majority of its checks, from Fighting-types to Foongus and Mareanie. I think Aqua Jet is better in the current metagame to pick off foes like +1 Ponyta, but Liquidation can be used if you need that extra power to beat Pawniard (although you have a lot of tools to beat it).

:Koffing:
Koffing @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Def / 196 SpA / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Now that you have Ferroseed back, you can forgo Sleep Talk on Koffing for Thunderbolt. I also updated the spread to 18 Def, which helps with rolls against a bunch of physical attackers.

Here is the new paste: https://pokepast.es/973e0154f81e9fd3
Hope you enjoy the changes and new team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)