Feeble (peaked #8)

Feeble

Intro
This team is based around the premise of using some of the less prevalent sets in the pretty shitty metagame we currently play to make a team that not only is successful, but also fun to use. Although it only peaked at #8, I'm just sharing this anyways because its more interesting and less dull than the ones i see populating the ladder.

Under the microscope

Mew @ Leftovers Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance Mew is certainly an extremely underrated but potent set, capable of doing significant damage to unsuspecting opponents. It has the requisite bulk and speed to cause plenty of problems. It cleans up shit like Roserade and Heracross, both dangerous threats in the metagame. Zen Heatbutt is the obligatory stab, with Drain Punch providing coverage and a method of recovery. Sucker punch allows it to down faster mons looking to revenge.

---

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Download has long been one of my favorite abilities, which i abused to its fullest in DPP UU with P-Z. With the introduction of Eviolite in Gen V, porygon2 proves itself a fine successor. Eviolite allows it to become a solid tank, while download with a well timed switch-in can provide the SAtk boost that enable is to deal heavy damage. P2 is my go to pivot for changing the momentum of the match, checking a myriad of pokes with its bulk and nice coverage.

---

Chandelure (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split

Subsplit Chandelure is another underrated set that is surprisingly scarce. It cannot be touched by Chansey, and can use and abuse her to heal itself completely. Sub is nice against offensive teams, allowing the freedom to opt for the best attack after the switch. This allows me to catch out opposing Chandelure hoping for a FF boost. Chandelure is also my Hail destroyer (hi Whitequeen). Further, it is my go to mon for Darmanitan and Stoutland. What can i say, its just so useful.

---

Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 208 Atk / 136 SAtk / 164 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor

This has to be one of the most dangerous pokemon in the tier. Rain Dance mixed dra is just so dangerous mid to late game. It is capable of obliterating some of the metagame's most defensive pokemon. Against offensive teams it often manages to kill at least 3 pokemon. It also punches substantial holes in defensive teams, with its balanced offensive stats and phenomenal coverage. The anticipation of the standard DD set is what makes this so effective. Ev'd to outrun the standard check of scarfgon, opponents are forced onto the back foot, providing ample opportunity for shit to get wrecked. Rain Dance also is my insurance against weather teams, nullifying the threat posed by Stoutland and Froslass.

---

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

CM Cobalion is another unexpected set that is extremely potent. It runs through the standard Cobalion checks. On top of that, it also beats Chansey by using Taunt to prevent it from using softboiled or wish. This is an ideal mon to use against bulky teams that would ordinarily try to phaze me out or use status to prevent a sweep. Many people attempt to bring in chandelure to counter Cobalion but hp ghost puts a stop to that.

---

Torterra (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

While it may be the oddball of the team, it also happens to be a fucking beast. Although I originally spontaneously chose it for the electric immunity, I soon noticed that this was probably one the most underrated sweepers in the tier. The amount of things torterra can get a RP on is incredible, and then the fun begins. This is my late game sweeper, cleaning up with the combination of Woodhammer EQ and SE.

Rates welcome!

team in action against upstart
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Upstart-vs-Smurf--2011-12-14

Taking a quick glance at your team, I can see that Sub CM Raikou could be a problem. But considering I don't wanna suggest anything for it as it might ruin your team's core, I guess you can always play around it and prevent it from setting up. Other then that you might want to make Kingdra's EVs 204 Atk / 136 SAtk / 168 Spd to outspeed opposing RD Kingdras as it might be a pain to take down if your Kingdra fails to outspeed. Other then that it's pretty much a solid team, GJ on your high ladder peak.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Nice team :) Is also kinda original, not using neither weather nor hazards.

The team looks solid, but maybe leftovers on cobalion could be better (if you don't mind the power) to check Stoutland better (Chandelure is not a a very good check to LO versions or against CB if it's a skilled opponent)

Not much to say, congratz, cool team!

This is a really EPIC team, but what Darren said, you may want to change a team member to counter SubCM Raikou.

sub cm raikou is this teams biggest threat by far, if anyone can suggest a method of fixing this without opening any other significant weaks that'd be great

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Probably a team like this would prefer Torterra to be replaced by Dugtrio, which would revenge-kill Raikou and also sets up Stealth Rock. Otherwise, Ground-type Scarfers such as Krookodile, Flygon, or Mamoswine can serve as great revenge killers in general. Adamant Flygon is particularly looking good, since it can break 128 HP Raikou's sub with U-turn, and if Raikou has HP Grass instead of HP Ice, Flygon can switch in with impunity. Flygon also offers EdgeQuake resist, which your team would appreciate.

Quick look at your team I'd run LO on Chandy instead of Lefties for added power as it makes your split a lot more effective.

As your Mew is very fast already (and sucker punch both requires prediction and is not stab) I'd consider taking Baton Pass, that would allow Mew to hand any SD boosts out to Torterra or Kingdra.

Also by Spd I presume you mean Speed (Spe) and not Special Defense (SpD)

Otherwise interesting team, I'll give it a more indepth look soon.

tested adamant scarfgon, does alright, BUT being outsped by kingdra after even one DD is sad

EDIT: also makes bulky physical waters harder to beat

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's safe to say that most Kingdra are running Adamant > Jolly, so Flygon should still be able to revenge-kill it. According to Innocent Criminal's statistics, 7.7% ran Jolly / other nature compared to 59.4% of Kingdra that run Adamant.

I am pretty sure your Porygon2 and Cobalion can check Kingdra as well.

EDIT: By all means, you can go Jolly Scarf Flygon if people are speed-creeping their Kingdra to beat other Kingdras; it'll just have less of a chance to break 128 HP Raikou's subs, but it's still a check to Raikou regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)