February - March 7* Raids: Tera Ground Venusaur, Tera Steel Blastoise, and Tera Dragon Charizard

IMG_5989.jpeg

As part of a triple event with the KANTOOOOOO starters, we’re starting off with Tera Ground Venusaur. It’ll have Chlorophyll and will likely use Sunny Day + Growth alongside it.

Tera Steel Blastoise will have Rain Dish as an ability, but not really sure what it’ll do. Shell Smash maybe?

Tera Dragon Charizard will be the exact same as the Charizard from the first 7* event, so get your fairies ready.

How will we stop Venusaur and Blastoise?

Last edited:
Venusaur's moveset honestly feels pretty obvious to guess

Stab + Stab (i sure as hell hope no Giga Drain tho), Tera Blast / Earth Power the question now is "Weather Ball + Sun?" and answer is very likely yes cause Clorophyl is it's HA.

Pelipper questionmark?

Stab + Stab (i sure as hell hope no Giga Drain tho), Tera Blast / Earth Power the question now is "Weather Ball + Sun?" and answer is very likely yes cause Clorophyl is it's HA.

Pelipper questionmark?
I wouldn’t count on Pelipper. It’ll set Rain before Venusaur sets Sun, meaning the latter will win the weather battle and then smack Pelipper hard with strong Grass or Poison STAB. Manual rain will be a better answer to any Sun strategies.

Chesnaught has potential, in my opinion. It resists Grass and Ground, and will be immune to Sludge Bomb and Weather Ball thanks to Bulletproof.

:Chesnaught:
Chesnaught @ Ability Shield
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Belly Drum
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Taunt / Wood Hammer

Last edited:
It’ll set Rain before Venusaur sets Sun, meaning the latter will win the weather battle and then smack Pelipper hard with strong Grass or Poison STAB.
I was actually thonking of a different thing there:
Pelipper @ Shell Bell
Ability: Rain Dish
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe (enough to outspeed Modest venusaur)
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Stockpile
- Weather Ball
- Rain Dance

Though then again this hurts more than i'd want it to hurt and may not allow to set up Stockpile in time to not just die :\ (even worse if they let it Growth t0 or something like that)
0+ SpA Tera Ground Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Pelipper: 144-169 (46.3 - 54.3%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO

Pelipper questionmark?
Giga Drain is peanuts since I think the healing wouldn't be multiplied to match the Raid Boss HP. That plus it just being so weak discourages its use. I expect Solarbeam since Venusaur will try to maintain Sun, maybe as a threshold move when it tries to renew weather.

Pelipper could work, I also think Articuno might have some merit. Specially Bulky so hopefully can survive one Weather Ball (with LS Support?), Haze to remove the Growth Boosts, Snowscape to change the Weather for Blizzards, Screens for Support, and Recovery. Galarian Articuno has the same Snow and Recover, but loses SE STAB and Haze for Calm Mind to try Boosting.

Sableye could also work as a Pure Support. Prankster Screen + Weather, Snarl, Helping Hand, Mud Slap, maybe even Skill Swap if you wanna get Funky and remove Chlorophyll entirely in case of Sun Renewal.

Sableye could also work as a Pure Support. Prankster Screen + Weather, Snarl, Helping Hand, Mud Slap, maybe even Skill Swap if you wanna get Funky and remove Chlorophyll entirely in case of Sun Renewal.
Real question is how big of a brain is it to skill swap Stall instead assuming you can tank the sun boosted hit turn 1

(Honestly probably not that big considering people tend to EV to outspeed, but a funny thing I need to try at some point)

It'll be funny as heck if Venusaur opts for Energy Ball as its Grass STAB, making Chesnaught immune to 3 of its attacks lol.

Spiky Shield will be a good option for the turns Venusaur nulls its ability. Updated my set to include it:

:chesnaught:
Chesnaught @ Shell Bell
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spiky Shield
- Seed Bomb
- Taunt

Ground and Steel finally

I'm honestly excited about Charizard coming back since it's the only Mightiest I'm missing, didn't finish the SV story in time for it. I wonder if they will chsnge it considering how easy it (apparently) was.

I'm honestly excited about Charizard coming back since it's the only Mightiest I'm missing, didn't finish the SV story in time for it. I wonder if they will chsnge it considering how easy it (apparently) was.
Considering it specifically talks of a rerun, doubt it.
It was pretty easy due to having exclusively special attacks & having a scripted stat drop reset at start, meaning that any bulky enough fairy type could outlast it by just spamming Draining Kiss, and if someone spammed stuff like Snarl it'd massively neuter its damage as well.

Venusaur could utilize plenty of mixed attacks to take advantage of the physical attack buff from Growth. I expect a scripted Earthquake at some point. Poison Jab instead of Sludge Bomb is also an option for getting around Bulletproof.

Charizard rerun will be interesting since our options are more diverse now. With Fairy types we could utilize things like Enamorus(-T), Fezandipiti, Primarina and Diancie.

Ground and Steel finally

firefox_C4JmzYlLGN.png

Edit: I see Poliwrath dumping on Blastoise:

:poliwrath:
Poliwrath @ Metronome
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Amnesia
- Taunt

Speed is for neutral-natured Blastoise. Poliwrath resists the main moves Blastoise could likely use such as Ice Beam and Flash Cannon. Could see a scripted Water Spout or something so the fact Water Absorb is your ability also means you get healed by it.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hello I am addicted to seven star Tera raids

Chesnaught will probably completely dunk on Venusaur, but I figured I'd look at some Paldea dex options (as I try to do), and this seems like the strongest:
:sv/goodra:
Goodra @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Dragon / Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse / Surf
- Acid Spray
- Tearful Look
- Life Dew / Surf / Protect

It's not the most exciting thing, but Tearful Look as a double debuff is pretty potent, and Goodra's gigantic Special Defense means you should have no issues weathering Venusaur's attacks. Surf/Protect will probably work better once we really understand Venusaur's wipe timings, but Dragon Pulse will do just fine no matter what Venusaur throws out.

hello I am addicted to seven star Tera raids

Chesnaught will probably completely dunk on Venusaur, but I figured I'd look at some Paldea dex options (as I try to do), and this seems like the strongest:
:sv/goodra:
Goodra @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Dragon / Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse / Surf
- Acid Spray
- Tearful Look
- Life Dew / Surf / Protect

It's not the most exciting thing, but Tearful Look as a double debuff is pretty potent, and Goodra's gigantic Special Defense means you should have no issues weathering Venusaur's attacks. Surf/Protect will probably work better once we really understand Venusaur's wipe timings, but Dragon Pulse will do just fine no matter what Venusaur throws out.
Get an Air Balloon on the Hisui form and you're immune to absolutely everything, as long as you Protect on the wipe turn.

Oh, Amnesia. And he can spam it too. Ah, such a good day to be a Chesnaught fan. He's extremely viable in this raid and next year his home region is getting the Legends treatment, so I get to go on another adventure with good old Arthur. Only thing that could make it better is Z-A gives him something special.

Oh, Amnesia. And he can spam it too. Ah, such a good day to be a Chesnaught fan. He's extremely viable in this raid and next year his home region is getting the Legends treatment, so I get to go on another adventure with good old Arthur. Only thing that could make it better is Z-A gives him something special.
I mean, we know Z is bringing back Megas, maybe the Kalos starters'll finally get their Megas.

Also Special Attackers are gonna be useless for this raid.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Get an Air Balloon on the Hisui form and you're immune to absolutely everything, as long as you Protect on the wipe turn.
That's genius and absolutely hilarious.

:Goodra-Hisui: Goodra-Hisui@Air Balloon :Air Balloon:
Sap Sipper
Tera-Steel
Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
252 Atk, 0 Speed
Ideally 0 Speed IVs, but I guess it's not mandatory
Curse
Gyro Ball
Ice Spinner
Protect

If you can attack four times before the reset (I doubt it), Curse then Ice Spinner three times, that's your best move pre-tera. Protect on the reset turn, then Curse 6 times, Tera-Gyro Ball 8 times, then Ice Spinner to finish when you run out of PPs.

Then my Corviknight idea, since I probably won't bother transfering a Goodra from Legends:

:Corviknight: Corviknight@Metronome :Metronome:
Tera-Dark/Stellar
Adamant/Lonely/Brave (+Atk, not -SpD)
252 Atk, 248 SpD, 8 HP
Hone Claw
Agility
Power Trip
Roost

Tera Stellar : Power Trip, Power Trip, Power Trip, Roost if possible, then comes the reset.
Tera Dark : Do nothing, Roost after 10 % of the timer, then comes the reset.

After the Reset, go to +6/+6/+6, Roost off the damages, then Spam Power Trip. Tera-Stellar is fine immediately, Tera-Dark is risky so should be used when you're confortable finishing the battle. Earth Power and Sludge Bomb 2HKO if you Tera-Dark, so be careful about that.
Giga Drain is a possible 8HKO without tera so you can easily spam Power Trip once you're boosted.

1709086185396.png

This may be the harshest challenge that Azumarill has faced yet, but water still beats ground in the end. Long story short, Venusaur's +2 Sludge Bomb can just OHKO Azumarill on Turn 1, and it feels like a coin flip whether you get Amnesia or not as the decider of if an attempt succeeds which takes a while when you need to wait for 85% timer to make the first move, and everything afterwards can still fall apart to an unlucky critical or poison proc. Even with locking in Gardevoir and Sylveon for healing and SpA drops, this was a very precarious battle, because Sylveon's AI decides not to Moonblast after Venusaur builds up its SpD so you don't actually get as much out of it as you would expect.

1709087382617.png

I picked out Sap Sipper and tera water for this fight specifically, with the usual Shell Bell and curated moveset of Amnesia/Liquidation/Mud-Slap/Belly Drum for special attackers. Unfortunately Petal Blizzard reveals Sap Sipper T0 so Venusaur doesn't get baited into choosing Giga Drain, but it still helps to be untouched.

1709088540566.png

My gameplan was to wait for the 85% time buff reset before my first move of Amnesia, and hope that Venusaur hits Amnesia to let me set up instead of Sludge Bomb to instantly kill me. Afterwards I have a bit more wiggle room with the defense cheer and set another Amnesia, then I set one Mud-Slap and try to Amnesia again while the defense cheer is still up. This Mud-Slap is helpful because otherwise if I set 3 Amnesias then I get stuck in a loop of having to rely on heal cheers and Life Dew to get back to full HP while Venusaur is always landing Sludge Bombs that ~3HKO my HP invested Azumarill, so Mud-Slap makes this a lot more possible with the chance of misses eliminating that damage. Sylveon landing a Moonblast can help but it has to happen early on before Venusaur gets fully set up as mentioned or the AI will prefer Quick Attack.

1709088521945.png

Afterwards I try to land 3 Mud-Slaps and then go tera Water with another Mud-Slap to remove my Fairy type and stop being weak to Sludge Bomb. Then I'm able to use heal cheers and hopefully get Belly Drum off safely. After that, I can start doing damage with Liquidations, which heal about ~100 from shield hits. In this attempt I basically just spammed Liquidation all the way home, trading crits (barely living Sludge Bomb thanks to Sylveon dropping SpA) before the shield break and getting some opportune defense drops + Leer support to keep the damage up in sun. In a past attempt I had lost out to Venusaur's double actions draining the timer and considered setting a Mud-Slap to skip some animations, but this time I just went all the way with Liquidation knowing I had those defense drops on my side.

1709088506047.png
1709088514243.png

1709088800790.png
1709088806566.png

Overall I would say this was definitely one of the riskier and more random raid clears of all time, relying on how the AI on both sides behaved to give me the chance to live. I was considering using cheer death preservation but wasn't sure if I could get a free turn on Venusaur after respawning. Maybe if I spammed Mud-Slap repeatedly I could abuse the chance of misses or something, but I'm not sure if time would allow for it. If anything, it was a uniquely frustrating experience to have to wait and see if I die turn 1 or not, so thank you game freak. I hope Blastoise is more forgiving.

As a sidenote, I keep noticing that whenever the boss hits me to exactly 300 HP or I heal to 300 HP, the HP numbers roll in more slowly. I have a few clips of this happening.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, so Acid Spray Goodra is not going to work against I-can-use-Amnesia-every-turn Venusaur. But you know what can work?

PSYSHOCK

:sv/farigiraf:
Farigiraf @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Psyshock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Power Swap
- Wish

This is designed for solo attempts. Power Swap yanks Venusaur's boosts immediately; hopefully it goes for Amnesia on this turn. Psyshock until Venusaur resets your buffs, then Calm Mind x6, using Wish when appropriate. Once you're fully boosted, click Psyshock, Tera as soon as you're able, and mash the A button until your thumb bleeds, because this one's coming down to input and animation time. Seriously - this is the optimal move order so you make as few inputs as possible, and Venusaur clicking Sludge Bomb over Earth Power actually saves a lot of time. If you get crit once, the run's probably over.

Instant triple attack, the constant Amnesia, and the spread of attacking types, this is probably our hardest 7* raid yet behind Mewtwo. Chesnaught and Hisuian Goodra are probably much easier than things like Azumarill and Farigiraf, but with just the Paldea dex, Venusaur is a lot to handle.

Seems like Dragonite doesn't work since its dps is not enough.

But I found the solution:

Noble Roar, Lightscreen, Dragon Dance and Avalanche.

Didn't have lightscreen during the run but still managed to beat it.

2024022806091600_s.jpg

It's not a very accessible Pokemon, but Calyrex-Ice-Rider completely dominates Venusaur.

:calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Shell Bell
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Tera Type: Ice
Adamant Nature
- Light Screen
- Snarl
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance

Using Snarl alongside Light Screen is nice in the event Venusaur gets a SpDef drop on you. Other than that, beeg damage. Especially nice alongside teammates that can drop Speed via Scary Face.

Last edited:
It's not a very accessible Pokemon, but Calyrex-Ice-Rider completely dominates Venusaur.

:calyrex-ice:
Calyrex-Ice @ Shell Bell
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
Tera Type: Ice
- Light Screen
- Snarl
- Swords Dance
- Glacial Lance

Using Snarl alongside Light Screen is nice in the event Venusaur gets a SpDef drop on you. Other than that, beeg damage. Especially nice alongside teammates that can drop Speed via Scary Face.
Yeah, one of the best options, too bad I traded my Clayrex away.

I wouldn’t count on Pelipper. It’ll set Rain before Venusaur sets Sun, meaning the latter will win the weather battle and then smack Pelipper hard with strong Grass or Poison STAB. Manual rain will be a better answer to any Sun strategies.

Chesnaught has potential, in my opinion. It resists Grass and Ground, and will be immune to Sludge Bomb and Weather Ball thanks to Bulletproof.

:Chesnaught:
Chesnaught @ Ability Shield
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Belly Drum
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Taunt / Wood Hammer
Chesnaught @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Belly Drum is scary
- Drain Punch / Synthesis is probably better
- Seed Bomb
- Spiky Shield

I ran this set not realizing you can get Synthesis on Chesnaught. I never clicked Drain Punch. I went HP because I don't like to respec mons in the future since vitamins cost so much. Seed Bomb until Tera, spiky shield when ability is wiped to avoid Sludge Bomb. Swords Dance after player wipe, Seed Bomb go brrr.

My Blissey got annihilated by Turn 0 so I wouldn't recommend that, but someone else made Chansey work (probably with Def EVs instead of my SpD EVs womp womp).

Got a bunch of help from a Chansey and Terapagos healing me and another Chesnaught. Caught in a Nest Ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)