Fearless by Choice

This is my first post and RMT here, however, I am no new player. Lets get into this team though,​

I wanted to center this team around a forgotten Pokemon, but a Pokemon that can pull in some sweeps [since I want to play offensive]. I came up with Conkeldurr with many reasons, once being that its usage has dropped since Gen 5's release. Not to mention the status absorbing stuff going on. Now I know what you are going to say: "Bulk Up Conkeldurr is used a lot, just not as much as it used to be used." I was reffering to Conkedlurr's Banded set. I bet 70% of you did not even know Conkeldurr could be ran with a Choice Band. The other 30% did, but how many of you would expect your opponent to run one? I think the number dropped to 0%, and that is why I picked Conkeldurr as my team's center piece.

When I make a team, offensive specifically, I like to build a Pokemon core around my center piece. My core consist of 4 Pokemon [even though the standard is 2] and I call them "mega"cores'. Anyways, so I loved the idea of adding a Psychic type and Celebi is my favorite. It has natural cure, following up with the idea of status absorbing, along with hitting rain hard. Celebi is also a great counter to Scizor, although it might not look it at first, [will explain on its indivisual set] and helps me out with Volt-Turn a lot. Celebi also helps with opposing fighting types that like to hit Conkeldurr hard.

So I added Scizor to this team as well. Scizor works wounders with Celebi, and also, paired with Celebi, allows me to hit sand very hard. It also creates a Psychic/Bug/Fighting core which is very strong. Scizor also has steel typing, allowing it to take dragon types attacks occasionally, and its priority is much loved when I am using banded Mach Punches with Conkeldurr. Scizor also helps deal with Landorus, a very big threat to the Celebi + Conkeldurr core I had going, so Scizor found its way in here, and works well.

The last Pokemon for this core, Latios, may seem odd at first. However, Conkeldurr and Scizor can take dark hits nicely, so why not abuse that? Latios and Scizor have so much synergy going for it, and it also keeps a choice theme here. I really wanted a Dragon that could out speed Dragonite, as it is a big threat to the team [the ones with Fire Punch], and Latios patches them up nicely. It does so well with specs, it can dent things so that Scizor and Conkeldurr can attempt sweeps. Latios and Celebi work nicely, both drawing in dark type moves, or ghost type moves, for either Scizor or Conk to take. Latios also hits sun hard, and my core is deathly weak to sun at the moment, even with Latios. So Latios is really needed here.

Ok, you might be like, why are all these Pokemon sweepers? They aren't. I run a Defensive Rotom-W. You might be like: "Rotom-W has 'bulky attacker', not defensive!" but you are wrong. This set is a odd set, where I run 204 Def ev's, with 252 Hp, followed with 52 investment in SAtk, and although it seems weird, Rotom-W can really abuse Will-O-Wisp with this spread. Rotom-W provides Grass/Water core, and, can provide Volt-Turn so that I have that initiative. It helps with Sun as well, but Chloro sweepers are a problem. This set really glues this team together, abusing WoW and Pain Split to tank hits for the team. A side perk of dealing with Scizor, Gliscor, and Landorus.

Heatran became my last member for a lot of reasons. The first being sun + chlorophyl teams. Second is for rocks. Third was for SDef bulk. And fourth for synergy with its tank partner; Rotom-W. Heatran provides Roar, and WoW, so I can spread WoW effectively around for the team. Heatran's main role is to lead and get rocks up. Any other job depends on sun or not, and my opponents team, as Heatran is usually used as Fodder or to pull off WoW when not fighting sun. It does work though, as it creates the nice Fire/Grass/Water core.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp

Explanation of Move/Ev's/Items/Ect.

Heatran is a valuable member in my team. First off, he is my lead, and he is my only means to rocks, the most important attack in the game. Its second main job is to spread burn, or to possibly dent some of my teams threats. Roar is nice for phazing stat boosters, and Heatran is my main fire/volcarona/sun counter on my team. I try to keep him alive, if I can spare it. Heatran, combined with Rotom-W and Celebi, create a nice Fire/Grass/Water core, which is very nice to have on this team.

Why Heatran?

Well, I needed a lead Pokemon for my team. With a huge fire weakness [sun especially], Heatran is just needed a lot. I wanted something to bring out some rocks, so Heatran popped up again. Flash Fire works out nice, roar is especially loved. I also wanted something to, more importantly, have synergy with Rotom-W with walling. Heatran just is perfect for this role.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Rotom-W is, yes, being ran defensive. With access to WoW, and Pain Split, it actually works quite well. It helps me deal with rain, scizor, and helps spread WoW around. Volt Switch provides nice synergy with Scizor, and Hydro Pump abuses opposing rain teams. Rotom-W also helps fight sun teams if it must, and Rotom-W helps tank physical hits, and has nice tank synergy with Heatran if I might add.

Why Rotom-W?

Why not? It helps spread WoW, it has water typing [which works with Celebi + Heatran], and it has some nice bulk. Why not run a defensive set? Pain Split works wounders, although some of you might just find it a filler move, I find myself abusing it a lot. V-Switch helps out with Scizor, not to mention that people assume I am choiced, so naturally, I can play them wrong :P

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 240 SAtk / 68 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Celebi is a beast. I mainly picked it to work alongside Conk, Rotom-W, and Heatran. I also just love how many sweep NP Celebi can pull off. Some of you might wounder why Psychic>Earth Power, and my answer is simple. Psychic is STAB and does me wounders. I just find that I never find a situation that Earth Power comes in handy, considering my low speed n' all, as I don't even have rain up. Psychic just hits more things. Oh, I also run 68 Spe ev's to outspeed any Scizor out there, and at +2, HP [Fire] OHKO's any Scizor [including rain]. Celebi gets so many switch ins, not to mention I need some kind of bulky sweeper on this team.

Why Celebi?

Some of you might wounder why not Alakazam, or Reuniclus, and so on. Its because I simply like Nasty Plot sweeping. Celebi has such wide coverage, not to mention it can hit rain hard [as Rotom-W is to bulky to hit them hard], and I wanted a Fire/Grass/Water core. Celebi is a very crucial Pokemon to this teams success, and I just adore it.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Scizor works wounders with Celebi and Conkedlurr, and even Rotom-W. Double Priority is loved, and Volt Turning is very much liked. I run max HP to take as many hits as possible, while attack + adamant are for maximum damage. I just love the typing synergy Scizor brings to the table, along with sweeping potential. As long as I can keep up the momentum, the better.

Why Scizor?

Well, I know I didn't offer much, but Scizor just works. Period. It has type synergy, power, and priority. Since I am offensive, and I have Volt-Switch and a Celebi, along with a Fighting type, I just couldn't resist putting him on here.

[sB] @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf[/B]

Latios is just a power house. It lures in Gengar, which Scizor doesn't mind trapping, and it just dents physical walls, which help Scizor and Conk a lot. I wanted a Dragon, fast, and powerful, and why not Latios? You might ask why not scarf, and I am here to tell you because Latios's power difference is to great between the two to every use Scarf, unless your team REALLY needs speed, and I have 2 priority users. Dragon Pulse>Trick for late-game sweeping, and it actually works when you do not want the -2 SAtk drop.

Why Latios?

I wanted to abuse another Psychic type with my perfect 2 Pokemon that can come in on them. I fast, powerful, dragon is just what I need. The power it has with a specs is just satisfying. I want that offensive presence that Latios offers, and it was a done and sold deal.

@ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Well, here it is, the star of my team. Whenever I press Superpower, something dies. It can 2HKO Latios, w/o guts. If my opponent runs TS, I can come in on the first layer and demolish everything. This thing forces switches, making Superpower awesome. The fact that anything that resists it cannot endure a superpower more than once, I can easily break through and sweep. Mach Punch provides nice priority, while Payback on predicted ghost-switch ins. Stone Edge is really filler, and Superpower is to dent anything and everything.

Why Conk?

Cause I want him. So I centered it around him. Any other questions?

Sorry about the early post, I accidently pressed submit.

Please rate, thanks!

~ Freak

Team Playstyle: Offensive

Pretty solid team you have here, I do think a few minor alterations are in order though.

I personally think the maximum number of choice 'mons that any one team should have is two, any more and it becomes a real pain to keep switching against stall and makes late game sweeping a nightmare in some cases.

My first proposition is to change your Conk set to a bulk up set.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Attack / 136 Sp.Def
Nature: Careful
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

This is easily the most used Conk set, and it's used because it's great. Most of the set is pretty self explanatory but I'll go through it briefly anyway.

Bulk is to boost attack and defense, this will allow you to hit hard and tank hits. Drain Punch is your go-to move, doing reliable damage whist recovering HP at the same time. Now, Mach Punch is when you think your going to be KOed or for when you just want to KO a weakened pokemon.

The final move slot is up for debate, but sheerly because of Dragonite, I recommend Stone Edge over Payback. Stone Edge also hits Volcarona and Gilscor super effectively, which is always nice. Payback is for ghosts but unless ghost types are really killing your team I wouldn't use it.

You may also want to run max special defense EV's, since you'll have bulk up to boost your defense. However, the HP investment is to help your overall bulk even when you're unboosted. It's up to you really.

Next up, I'd recommend changing your Latios set a bit. It remains choice though.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Abilty: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

As you can see there are only minor alterations, so I won't need to go into a lot of detail.

Choice Scarf > Choice Specs is because there are so many other scarfed pokemon in the meta, and it would Latios some good (well, actually a lot of good) to outspend them and get the first hit in.

You can also trick common walls such as Ferrothorn and Fortress with your scarf. I would recommend changing Dragon Pulse for Trick regardless of what item you have actually, as you already have Draco Meteor and that'll already do heaps of damage, and Dragon Pulse is easily the most expendable move on the set.

Also, the nature has been adjusted since you're now scarfed and timid isn't really needed.

Finally, a small change for Celebii. Since the Celebii you're running is bulky, recover over Psychic would be good. This allows you to live longer and potentially sweep and not get eliminated early on by an opponents pokemon attacking on an NP or from a misprediction on your end.

Hopefully this has helped!

EDIT: Just saying that I also agree with ShakeItUp's as well as my own. I can truthfully see your team become great if you make these changes.

Hey there.

Definitely run Recover over Psychic on Celebi. Recover is needed to keep your Celebi healthy, which is crucial since it is your answer to a plethora of threats, including Volt-Turn teams. The main Pokemon that Psychic is used to hit is Dragonite, and Heatran can wall most variants of it, as Earthquake isn't very common.

Also, take 4 HP EVs from Scizor and put them into Speed. This will give you the standard spread, which is very helpful since it lessens the damage you take from Stealth Rock with a very minor change.

Also, run Thunderbolt over Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-W. Heatran already spreads burns, so Will-O-Wisp is a bit redundant. Thunderbolt gives Rotom-W a stronger Electric-type attack, letting your team fare much better against threats such as Tentacruel, which can take Volt Switches all day long with Rain Dish + Protect + Leftovers. But the main reason for this change is that without it, SubDD Gyarados can easily sweep through your team, being able to knock out Pokemon and gain Moxie boosts while Rotom-W is forced to switch out due to Volt Switch. Finally, switch Rotom-W to a specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef with a Calm nature. Almost all physical threats can't defeat your team, and this change will allow Rotom-W to defeat the likes of Starmie, who is a major problem for your team. This change will also let Rotom-W aid Celebi much more easily in taking on rain teams.

Solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Not anything to do with the team,but you put "as (Conk) its usage has dropped since gen 5's release" . Last time I checked, Conk was a Gen5 pokemon haha

A few small changes I would suggest.
Heatran -Lava Plume seems a little silly as flamethrower packs so much more power. For the percentages I say you are way better off with flamethrower, as its not really his job to spread burns.
Latios- 2 Dragon attacks? Id say give yourself more range and add hp fire to deal with steels and grass. Since he's choiced you wont be using dragon pulse very often, if not ever.
3 choiced pokes? Thats a lot. I would drop choice on Latios and let him be the diverse move beast that he is.
Conkeldurr - you are missing 4 evs Give him a defense boost. Id also make him a bulk up over choice band. A ghost can switch in after 1 hit and ruin his fun anyways. Most teams have a spin blocker now, which also serves as a fun ruiner for this guy. You can fake a choice band and give him payback to deal with those. Or stone edge for dragons and volcarona.
I agree recover on Celebi. I dont personally like Celebi, as I always seem to ohko it, I never see the point of a team running it. I do like CM reuniclus for this team a lot though. ;) ;)

Interesting team, I would suggest a few changes :
As Heatran can take most of the hits that threaten Celebi (and Latios can come on a fire moove), I think that an unexpected baton pass over Psychic could be very funny. It can both help to keep the initiative, and to have sometimes amazing sweepers with +2 (or more) Latios or Heatran.
I would also use earth power on Wow for Heatran, because Rotom can already spread burns, and it gives you an interesting coverage.
Maybe an expert belt could be good for latios (especially if you use baton pass), he has a nice coverage, and it's really a shame when you have to switch it instead of OKO because you're locked on the wrong moove.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)