Favorite non-ubers you use in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much outclassed by blaziken...
depends what you want to use victini for; even though blaziken has a better attack stat and speed boost, it has pretty bad coverage. Victini is used for v-create and its great coverage including fusion bolt, which hits kyogre with hard damage.

also, I enjoy using magnezone in ubers, which pairs well with all those dragon pokemon in the metagame. it kills skarmory w/out whirlwind, ferrothorn, and forretress w/out volt switch. It also checks cb scizor well.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm saying Thundurus because its Base Speed of 111 is extremely useful and there aren't too many Ubers who outspeed it, with the exception of Choice Scarfers.

It can hit Dialga, Ferrothorn, Dragon-types who are weak to Ice, and Thunder/Bolt, depending on the weather, and set Nasty Plot up holding Lum Berry, preventing status from inflicting you so you can begin to sweep.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Omastar is absolutely fantastic. All you need to do is get up a layer or two of hazards (Deo-S), Encore Spikes or something from Ferrothorn, bring in the fossil, Shell Smash, and then kill everything. It is absolutely great seeing a Pokemon that allows you to run Hyper frail Offense without getting completely decimated by ExtremeKiller.

Wobbuffet. Surprisingly I rarely see the blue blob, there isn't anything better for prepping a sweep than Wobb. Easily takes out choice pokes, encores walls for setup. Basically guarantees 1 kill per match, and then lays out the carpet for a setup sweeper, love this thing.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wobbuffet. Surprisingly I rarely see the blue blob, there isn't anything better for prepping a sweep than Wobb. Easily takes out choice pokes, encores walls for setup. Basically guarantees 1 kill per match, and then lays out the carpet for a setup sweeper, love this thing.
Yeah, people have really forgotten the Wobbuffet menace. Wobb just got powered up this gen thanks to Ferrothorn, who is slower than Wobb and is complete Encore material, unless you have a team that dgaf about a +1 Rayquaza staring at you in the face. Wobbuffet is still a staple on my more offensive teams since Wobb is easily the best way to guarantee a turn of setup.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jumpluff, subseeding in a tier where the only grass types are Arceus and Ferrothorn is great

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Terrkion, it's an awesome check to ExtreemeKiller Arceus and it's ability to outspeed the entier tier with a Choice Scarf is very useful

Yeah, people have really forgotten the Wobbuffet menace. Wobb just got powered up this gen thanks to Ferrothorn, who is slower than Wobb and is complete Encore material, unless you have a team that dgaf about a +1 Rayquaza staring at you in the face. Wobbuffet is still a staple on my more offensive teams since Wobb is easily the best way to guarantee a turn of setup.
I love wobb i run him on a sand team as my only counter to kyogre, and i would say about 90% of the time he completes his job and maybe even takes out another poke. Pretty good for a blue blob to take out the best pokemon in the whole game.

I wonder what happenned to Mew. He was an uber in past gens, and he's not being considered in this discussion at least.

Anyway, I don't really use him.

I tried Milotic last time in Ubers and god, she tanked almost every hit with the resttalking set. Extremekiller Arceus or any physical attackers? Burned. Countless CMers? Phazed. It even made one of my opponents type this: WOW

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tornadus baby, priority tailwind alleviates the threat of a lot of potential sweepers against your team, and is a good failsafe for when your scarfer dies.

also pairs so well with specs ogre, not to mention stab LO hurricane wrecks shit like nobody's business.

also whoever said victini is outclassed by blaziken forgets the niche that victini has - it is a fabulous check to mewtwo in the sun, as scarf victini's v-create in sun ohko's mewtwo; victini also resists all of mewtwo's moves except the rare shadow ball.

Jirachi and Omastar are two favorites of mine to use, they're often extremely helpful late game and can deal with a lot of threats, like nearly everyone in this thread has already said, haha. Victini is definitely something I'd want to test, though.

If you don't mind playing with 3 layers of spikes in your side, yes maybe. There's also plenty of ways to deal with +1 rayquaza... But yeah, wobbie is still decent if you need that guaranteed setup.

@Choice Scarf
72HP/252Atk/184Spe
Jolly nature, Clear Body trait
Meteor Mash | Earthquake | Ice Punch | Trick

An OU set that works in Ubers. Metagross is hard to revenge kill due to it's natural bulk and not beeing weak to any priority moves, as well as taking minor damage from Psystrike and Psycho Boost (due to a X0.25 resistance to Psychic). By using Trick and locking Mewtwo and Deoxys-A into a Psychic-type move, one can either set up a Darkrai sweep or simply switch into a Pursuit user.

Love Jumpluff and skarm in ubers :)

Jump is basically unrevengable in the sun reaching 700 speed. Anything it can't stall with sub seed is put to sleep and anything that wants to set up gets a massive middle finger in the form of encore

Skarmory stops ekiller arceus cold and that is reason enough to use him. He sets up hazards well and can phase to start racking up damage. Groudon without fire punch is also walled (although he can stomach a fire punch and phase).

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Love Jumpluff and skarm in ubers :)

Jump is basically unrevengable in the sun reaching 700 speed. Anything it can't stall with sub seed is put to sleep and anything that wants to set up gets a massive middle finger in the form of encore

Skarmory stops ekiller arceus cold and that is reason enough to use him. He sets up hazards well and can phase to start racking up damage. Groudon without fire punch is also walled (although he can stomach a fire punch and phase).
Not only that, Skarmory can also stop a good deal of Arceus formes and stuff like Choice Palkia locked onto a Dragon-type move. Not only that, Skarmory can also Taunt Ferrothorn and set up its own Spikes like a boss ! Skarmory is really an excellent Pokemon to use in Ubers.

Also, Gliscor is a Pokemon who doesnt get enough attention but it is a COMPLETE PRICK to face on a rain team. As long as you avoid stuff like Kyogre, Gliscor will stop most Stall elements cold and is a dick to most offense teams as well. Behind a substitute it is free to Taunt or Toxic you and the problem is made even worse by hazards. If you havent got Forretress and the opposing Gliscor has a Substitute, you can be rest assured you're in for a helluva ride. This Scorpion will make you rip your hair out.

Not only that, Skarmory can also stop a good deal of Arceus formes and stuff like Choice Palkia locked onto a Dragon-type move. Not only that, Skarmory can also Taunt Ferrothorn and set up its own Spikes like a boss ! Skarmory is really an excellent Pokemon to use in Ubers.

Also, Gliscor is a Pokemon who doesnt get enough attention but it is a COMPLETE PRICK to face on a rain team. As long as you avoid stuff like Kyogre, Gliscor will stop most Stall elements cold and is a dick to most offense teams as well. Behind a substitute it is free to Taunt or Toxic you and the problem is made even worse by hazards. If you havent got Forretress and the opposing Gliscor has a Substitute, you can be rest assured you're in for a helluva ride. This Scorpion will make you rip your hair out.
Gliscor can taunt Forry and EQ him to death. Sure its a 6 or 7 hit KO but Forry isn't doing anything back while its taunted except like Rapid Spin. Gyro Ball isn't very likely to break subs in 1 hit. Even without hazards, Toxic SubStalling is pretty brutal.

It definitely has to be Ferrothorn. It can easily come in on Kyogre or a Dragon attack and hit something with Leech Seed or start setting up Spikes.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I never use non-Ubers in Ubers but if I had to it would probably be Scarfed Terrakion as it can check a large number of threats in Ubers including Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Deoxys-S, Deoxys-A, Thundurus, Skymin, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Dialga

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A lot of non-uber pokemon perform better at certain duties than ubers do @novaray.

e.g. Skarmory offers a dragon resist, a ground immune, a spike stacker, and one of the best EKiller counters in the game, no uber does that.

Also scarf terrakion can't check: mewtwo if it's in decent hp since X-scissor is weak, lugia doesn't take that much from scarf SE, Zekrom has 120 base defense and isn't 2hko'd by scarf CC if it has HP investment, bulky dialga can take a CC and ohko with a dragon move in return.

though I haven't really tried using it yet, I'm very interested in Ambipom, notably for its strong Fake Out, which will shave Mewtwo's Hp down by a third. While that doesn't sound too impressive, Low Kick will 2hko Ferrothorn and take off 75% off of min Dialga. Its fast U-Turn is also handy for scouting particular switches.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
though I haven't really tried using it yet, I'm very interested in Ambipom, notably for its strong Fake Out, which will shave Mewtwo's Hp down by a third. While that doesn't sound too impressive, Low Kick will 2hko Ferrothorn and take off 75% off of min Dialga. Its fast U-Turn is also handy for scouting particular switches.
Ambipom is actually not really good due to the prevalence of Giratina and Ghost Arceus who just dont care about anything Ambipom throws at it. Ferrothorn can still smash Ambipom with Power Whip or Gyro Ball which will probably kill with LO+Iron Thorns.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heh, Bisharp kicks so much ass. I originally wanted a Steel-type that could set up on stuff like Scarf Palkia and stuff like that. I wasn't running a sand team, so Excadrill was kind of out of the list. I've used Lucario before but I found it a bit weak, so I decided to try out Bisharp. This thing is pretty much Extremekiller Arceus fused with Lucario. It's a Steel-type with an 80 BP priority move, which is even stronger than Arceus' Extremespeed. You deal stuff like 70% to Ghost Arceus with a +2 LO Sucker Punch when you're burned.

Since I tend to use Tyranitar, my favorite non-Uber is Jellicent. So many times people have tried to Hi-Jump Kick my Tyranitar and only to fail due to Jellicent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)