Farewell Competitive Battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a member of the competitive battling community for some time now. I've been playing since late Gen 3, and have followed the metagame for a while, but I think it's time to say goodbye.

It all comes down to the community. To put it frankly, the community is incredibly shitty. Every other game I play in (usually in the high 1600/low 1700s) I get an opponent that jeers, insults, and is no less than a gigantic prick. The 1/10 matches that I play in where I get a decent human being aren't enough to make me want to keep playing.

So, I bid you all on the forums a fond farewell, and those in-game a less than fond farewell.

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is this about my auto-win message on Netbattle? I'm sorry it was kind of jerky. :(

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You say you've been a part for 'some time now' but your join date says Tuesday.

If you feel there is unwarranted hate and insults in a battle you should be speaking to PS mods

Reactions: DTC

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
you should try dota and lol.

but seriously, to each their own. i agree with some of the sentiments you have, but i don't let it get me down. i just don't actually play the game.

Shit talkers are motivation to kick some serious butt... unless you're constantly in the losing position (lol). It's all fun and games though, trivial stuff, get in character and play along if you desire. Imagine, you're the superhero beating down a villain; the internet grants you that luxury to take advantage of at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)