SS RU falska profeter

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

This RMT is gonna showcase a fun team I built recently with a lot of cool techs that I have liked a lot in the past months of this meta, and specifically an under-appreciated 'mon in Zoroark. I also wanted to use this song cause it owns. Anyway, since Obstagoon's rise to prominence - and even during Zarude meta - fast Dark types have always seemed to be extraordinarily potent in the RU metagame. This led me to experiment with Zoroark as it seemed to have all the necessary tools to work in RU, Knock Off and U-turn. I had modest successes with different Zoroark teams throughout the past few months, most quite decent except a weird Zoroark + Salazzle fat balance that was ass. Those teams are outdated now though, so I will be showcasing the newest iteration of Zoroark offense that I've built.

I started by wanting to pair Zoroark with something that could add to the volt-turn and really take advantage of its checks being knocked, which led me to something walled by spdef blankets like Registeel, Steelix, and AV Reuni as none of them have reliable recovery. This can be filled by a multitude of 'mons, boots Xurk, Raikou, Garde etc. but I decided on Toxtricity as I think it is very underprepped for in the current meta. After settling on Toxtricity I added Togekiss as it is another 'mon that Zoroark can viably disguise itself as. The next addition was Cobalion as I wanted rocks and didn't want anything slow, while also being able to create mindgames through the use of boots as its item. Next mon on the team was cm Reuniclus as it owns and appreciates checks being crippled by the mindgames Zoroark forces through illusion. Lastly I added scarf Golurk as a sick lure for Xurkitree and things that adds to the fun of the team, it might not be the best Ground type scarfer (Flygon), but it is fun. However, Golurk is replaceable with scarf Seismitoad which keeps the lure element but also gives the team a water and fire resist, which is currently non-existant.

In-Depth

:ss/togekiss:

vara vänner (Togekiss) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Aura Sphere

This set is fire. Teams lately have been kinda lazy with their Togekiss checks I would say, and electrics are at an alltime low so running three attacks is able to pressure tons of common teams relying on a sole Steel or Rock type to wall Togekiss. Boots is a self-explanatory item although it has an extra purpose on this team as to create mindgames in conjunction with the Zoroark present, this is especially helpful against Diancie as it is able to wall this set due to it taking nothing from grass knot. The ev spread on this set is able to kill a 240 HP / 252 SpD Rhypeior with an adamant nature after rocks and an air slash flinch.

:ss/toxtricity:
tåg (Toxtricity) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Volt Switch
- Sludge Bomb / Snarl

Choosing Toxtricity instead of Xurkitree might seem like a weird choice at first, and really you can probably switch the two quite freely, but there were some things that I think Toxtricity accomplished that Xurkitree couldn't. Firstly, the added poison typing helps defensively against Roserade or Pod. Secondly Xurkitree is prepped for to a much greater extent than Toxtricity is, especially with the recent rise in defensive Queen as a catch-all electric counter. However, the most important tool that Toxtricity had was the ability to bluff that it is a Zoroark as opponents wouldn't expect a boots Toxtricity like they would boots Xurkitree. This is useful in numerous occasions to break Zoroark's checks like Togekiss or Cobalion. Togekiss does pose Toxtricity's biggest weakness when competing with Xurkitree though, namely that you can be flinched down and just lose the 1v1. I really like Toxtricity on this team though, it always pulls its weight.

:ss/zoroark:
tårarna (Zoroark) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Its the star of the show. Honestly I think Zoroark doesn't even need illusion to be viable really, it has coverage for all the main resists like Cobalion, Bewear and Togekiss while outspeeding Obstagoon and pivoting on it. However, illusion makes Zoroark just that much better and is extremely fun to play around with when you are the one in control of the mindgames. Like I mentioned previously, boots is near Obligatory in order to allow Zoroark to disguise itself as Toxtricity, Togekiss, Cobalion, and Reuni, but also to allow any of the aforementioned 'mons to bluff them being Zoroark as well. The ev spread 2hkoes Togekiss (248 HP) from after it takes a round of rocks, rest is put into attack to maximize knockturn's damage output.

:ss/cobalion:
hon har ett sätt (Cobalion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

I'll only touch on the interesting aspect of this set - boots - as everyone knows what Cobalion provides for an offense. Boots allows Cobalion to bluff being Zoro which can result in bulky fairies or darks being massively weakened for Zoro to come in and clean up. Cobalion wraps up the boots section of this team and I just want to mention that the availability of multiple boots and the omnipresent pivoting is very helpful in being able to interchange the last slot of the team (what Zoro disguises as) as the game plays out.

:ss/golurk:
vintern dör (Golurk) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Trick
Scarf Golurk is a great method of speed control for this team as it is an extremely uncommon set that catches most players off-guard I'd say. It is also quite a powerful cleaner for this team and also provides a vital electric immunity. There is some issues cropping up with it though, specifically inn the form of Heliolisk being able to outspeed and kill it with grass knot which doesn't bode well for this team at all. This reason, combined with the fact of me not having any water or fire resists does make me lean towards making this slot a scarf Seismitoad, but this change doesn't feel extremely vital yet.

:ss/reuniclus:
stora havet (Reuniclus) @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Last 'mon on the team is Reuniclus and specifically kee Reuni as it is able to 1v1 a lot of usual checks like Golisopod assuming you don't get crit. Furthermore, this reuni also serves as the teams own Reuni check and hence it needs to run coverage in the form of shadow ball, which results in fighting + ghost coverage which honestly owns. Not a lot more to add other than this is another 'mon that can be disguised as Zoroark thanks to magic guard being a better boots.

This team has quite a few problems defensively like folding to Togekiss, and any water or fire types so it needs to be played aggressively. However, I've always been able to farm wins with it off the back of Zoroark being able to force so many mindgames in my favor throughout the game. Hope you try it sometime, at the very least this team is tons of fun. Here is the import: https://pokepast.es/968026cdeb081399

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whats with the kent/jakob hellman fusion (plus hellström in the ct)

Im Swedish and cannot make sense of why you would name your toxtricity “train”

Also the link doesn’t work cuz I live in Zambia and YouTube is weird, so what’s the song name.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)