Pokémon Exeggutor

1702762004508.png

Edit: Sorry guys I guess showdown needs a patch cuz exeggutor still cant get flamethrower unless its alolan form so I guess tera blast fire is the only option.

Hey guys I'm back and here to talk about our favorite coconut tree Exeggutor a staple of gen 1 but damned by the special split instantly in gen 2 like alot of others.

I really REALLY wanted to do Hydrapple but apparently my post got deleted because I need a "reserved thread". I had 0 way of know when to log on to smogon and reserve it but hey here is another grass type.

So this gen Exeggutor got a buff in the move Flamethrower which is GREAT for its coverage on sun teams. This allows it to finally beat steel types that wall both of its stabs since it can't learn weather ball.

So here is the main set you'll be running

Exeggutor@Focus Sash/Life Orb

252Sp Atk ,252 Spd, 4 Hp
Modest/Timid Nature
Tera type: Fire/Fairy
Ability:Chlorophyll
Moves:
Psychic/Psyshock
Flamethrower
Growth/Sleep Powder
Solar Beam

So obviously you want to run this guy on sun teams which are thriving due to the paradox pokemon and the new raging bolt and gouging fire which are awesome and hopefully that don't get banned :/.

If you want to run growth use a focus Sash with hazard removal to always live a hit but beware priority moves. If you use sleep powder run a life orb for extra attacking power.

The nature depends on weather you want to be able to outspeed the whole unboosted/unscarfed ou meta or to just hit like a truck. I usually run Modest as alot isn't outspeeding you at 418 speed.

The tera type is pretty simple to consider as you most likely will choose between tera fire to gain opposite of your grass weaknesses and stab on flamethrower or tera fairy to make matchups easier against kingambits sucker punch if not running sleep powder.

As for the moves Solar Beam is obvious Stab option for grass types in sun teams since it doesn't need to charge in sun.

Psychic is a solid stab that hits for pretty heavy damage on neutral targets but psyshock can beat special walls like clodsire.

Growth is if you want to boost up and clean up teams after the priority moves are taken care of. After one of these you basically ohko everything with stab and Flamethrower.

You could run sleep powder over Growth to sleep opponents and take them out while they snooze. This also supports teammates that hate a certain check.

Flamethrower is for beating steel types not named heatran who wall your stab types completely.

Team options:
Torkal (Sun setter and nice general support options)

Gouging Fire (I used this guy in ou and it is a UNIT on sun teams really hoping it stays in ou) He can ohko heatran with earthquake if they don't tera and if they do a boosted Dragon Claw or Outrage really dents it hard so Exeggutor can revenge kill it.

Hydrapple: Nice resistances over all and has earth power to beat heatran as well as dragon stab and bulk to take most super effective hits that aren't ice type.

Walking wake:Not only is he a sun team staple he has a water dragon typing that stops incoming fire moves in their tracks while destroying actual fire types its self.

So I think this guy can have a role in ou but not BE ou you know? Like as a sun sweeper in ou but not used very much otherwise. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
View attachment 580719
Hey guys I'm back and here to talk about our favorite coconut tree Exeggutor a staple of gen 1 but damned by the special split instantly in gen 2 like alot of others.

I really REALLY wanted to do Hydrapple but apparently my post got deleted because I need a "reserved thread". I had 0 way of know when to log on to smogon and reserve it but hey here is another grass type.

So this gen Exeggutor got a buff in the move Flamethrower which is GREAT for its coverage on sun teams. This allows it to finally beat steel types that wall both of its stabs since it can't learn weather ball.

So here is the main set you'll be running

Exeggutor@Focus Sash/Life Orb

252Sp Atk ,252 Spd, 4 Hp
Modest/Timid Nature
Tera type: Fire/Fairy
Ability:Chlorophyll
Moves:
Psychic/Psyshock
Flamethrower
Growth/Sleep Powder
Solar Beam

So obviously you want to run this guy on sun teams which are thriving due to the paradox pokemon and the new raging bolt and gouging fire which are awesome and hopefully that don't get banned :/.

If you want to run growth use a focus Sash with hazard removal to always live a hit but beware priority moves. If you use sleep powder run a life orb for extra attacking power.

The nature depends on weather you want to be able to outspeed the whole unboosted/unscarfed ou meta or to just hit like a truck. I usually run Modest as alot isn't outspeeding you at 418 speed.

The tera type is pretty simple to consider as you most likely will choose between tera fire to gain opposite of your grass weaknesses and stab on flamethrower or tera fairy to make matchups easier against kingambits sucker punch if not running sleep powder.

As for the moves Solar Beam is obvious Stab option for grass types in sun teams since it doesn't need to charge in sun.

Psychic is a solid stab that hits for pretty heavy damage on neutral targets but psyshock can beat special walls like clodsire.

Growth is if you want to boost up and clean up teams after the priority moves are taken care of. After one of these you basically ohko everything with stab and Flamethrower.

You could run sleep powder over Growth to sleep opponents and take them out while they snooze. This also supports teammates that hate a certain check.

Flamethrower is for beating steel types not named heatran who wall your stab types completely.

Team options:
Torkal (Sun setter and nice general support options)

Gouging Fire (I used this guy in ou and it is a UNIT on sun teams really hoping it stays in ou) He can ohko heatran with earthquake if they don't tera and if they do a boosted Dragon Claw or Outrage really dents it hard so Exeggutor can revenge kill it.

Hydrapple: Nice resistances over all and has earth power to beat heatran as well as dragon stab and bulk to take most super effective hits that aren't ice type.

Walking wake:Not only is he a sun team staple he has a water dragon typing that stops incoming fire moves in their tracks while destroying actual fire types its self.

So I think this guy can have a role in ou but not BE ou you know? Like as a sun sweeper in ou but not used very much otherwise. What are your thoughts?
Unfortunately, Flamethrower is exclusive to the Alolan form; the only way you can access a Fire move is with Tera Blast, which forces you to spend your Tera.
Damn I guess they need to patch that out in showdown then cuz it has it on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)