Eviolites with a side of Berry Juice

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys. Little Cup is my favorite metagame to play in, though I'm still pretty bad when it comes to teambuilding. So I was hoping you guys could give me tips and critique a team I had just recently made. It is built around preserving fletchling through the use of hazards and knock off.
The team:

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 212 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Roost
- U-turn
I had orginally had Carvanha here, but it made my team too susceptible to fighting types, especially Scraggy and Knock Off Meditite. Itemless Fletchling can hit hard faster than BJ, and gets relatively good synergy with the rest of the team. (Namely, Chinchou.)

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 132 Def / 228 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
I've found Sleeptalk Chinchou to do just what I need it to: tank flying attacks and provide a slow volt switch to get Fletchling in safely. Chinchou is good at luring in grass types, like foongus, for Fletchling to pry on.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 164 SAtk / 252 Spd / 52 Def
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Heal Bell
I chose Misdreavus just due to its sheer amazingness. I decided on hp fighting over dazzinling gleam to hit Pawniard harder; but I'm open to switching it back. Heal Bell and WoW have great support.

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 80 Atk / 164 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
I chose Dwebble has the hazard-setter because I think its the one of the best at it's job. Knock Off is phenomenal for walls expecting to check a Shell Smash. Plus, SturdyJuice makes it a reliable source of rocks; albeit it usually is the first to die.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 84 Atk / 104 Def / 116 SDef / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
Pawniard's main focus here is not only Knock Off, but to make defoggers wary about switching in. This set is your pretty basic stuff. I orginally had Murkrow in this spot, but swapped it with Pawniard in favor or Knock Off and the ability to check Spritzee.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SDef
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
Mienfoo's goal is to form a Knock Off core with Pawniard, while absorbing status, pivoting, and pushing momentum in our favor. Rock Slide is used over Fake Out for Larvesta/Krow/Fletchling switch ins.

I could really use your tips for this team! Thank you!

Well blizzardy this is a fantastic team albeit a little standard. There is not much you can really change but ill try and say do dazzling gleam over hp fighting as in general it is better and use white her fletchling so you get two overheat uses plus the full acrobatics.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
why do you run overheat on fletchling? it doesn't get an OHKO on eviopawn or LOpawn/scarfpawn for that matter, and it just seems unnecessary. I'd suggest return there, as it hits chinchou and other things that would normally wall you harder. i know magnemite is a thing, but it'll just berry juice up and clip your wings with a jolt of electricity, besides, you have u-turn. also adamant overheat is bad because it hits nothing for good dmg, it's just weak

I would say that the amount of Knock Off on this team is too damn high! Three things with Knock Off? That is a bit overkill if you ask me. Two is more than enough. After you knock the item off then what? It doesn't do that much damage on its own so you really are not accomplishing too much besides annoying the opponent. I would forgo Knock Off on Pawniard and replace it with Substitute, that way you can get a guaranteed Swords Dance and then sweep with Sucker Punch and Iron Head. Pawniard behind a sub is not something anyone wants to deal with. And in my opinion, Pawniard really lacks the longevity to really take advantage of Knock Off. Some fighting type can just come right in and smack it with anything, so you end up wasting Pawniard just for a knock off. Adamant with Overheat on Fletchling is not going to do much, so I would run something else instead. Maybe Steel Wing for Fairies or Swords Dance?

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
why do you run overheat on fletchling? it doesn't get an OHKO on eviopawn or LOpawn/scarfpawn for that matter, and it just seems unnecessary. I'd suggest return there, as it hits chinchou and other things that would normally wall you harder. i know magnemite is a thing, but it'll just berry juice up and clip your wings with a jolt of electricity, besides, you have u-turn. also adamant overheat is bad because it hits nothing for good dmg, it's just weak
Adamant Overheat OHKOs Magnemite after Acrobatics which is the literally the only reason it's used. Onto the team, I just wanna take a look at that Mienfoo spread. It's really weird. I personally prefer 116 HP/156 Def/196 SpDef with Impish cuz of its awesome bulk and pivot abilities but you can always run max speed if you want to outspeed pawn. I really don't understand your spread because it isn't hitting any important numbers. Feel free to explain this to me though.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Adamant Overheat OHKOs Magnemite after Acrobatics which is the literally the only reason it's used. Onto the team, I just wanna take a look at that Mienfoo spread. It's really weird. I personally prefer 116 HP/156 Def/196 SpDef with Impish cuz of its awesome bulk and pivot abilities but you can always run max speed if you want to outspeed pawn. I really don't understand your spread because it isn't hitting any important numbers. Feel free to explain this to me though.
Honestly I have no idea how that spread came to be, I'll put your spread in, thanks!

Knock Off is just a good move in general even when not factoring in the utility.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)