Eureka (Take #2)

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

So, i tried doing an rmt a couple days ago and smogon just crashed, the rmt posted itself, and i couldn’t access the site for the entire day which completely destroyed my rmt boner.

Regardless i still wanted to make an RU rmt before the meta changes again since there are so few rmts for ru atm, so here i am.

Started with sharpedo and deffensive flygon. Flygon is the most reliable defoger and my go-to pokemon for providing glass cannons with momentum, it’s a nice mini blanket check being able to come in on delphox/houndoom/emboar which are all really hard pokemon to check deffensively without giving up all of your momentum.

I went with mawile mainly because it’s the stealth rock setter that has the most synergy with flygon but it can also pivot around with baton pass to further support shark and it’s an awesome tyrantrum check for ofense(tyrantrum being something ofense usually needs like, 2 slots to check) while also being a quite decent dark type check, coming in on absol and scrafty, etc

As it stands the team is incredibly slow and vulnerable to water types, virizion was added as a reliable check to bulky waters as well as taking some pressure off of mawile on matchups against dark types, being able to revenge absol and check sharpedo really well(probably the best offensive check). It also appreciates sharpedo’s breaking of grass types early game.

Durant is broken. Not only that but i was also awfully vulnerable to fletchinder, wasn’t able to come in on mega steelix with anything and didn’t have a single fighting resist.

Rotom was added to patch up these little holes as well as helping me with deffensive teams, virizion also appreciates the occasional discharge para on emboars that might try and come in.

Fletchinder was added as my secondary fighting type check and as a source of speed control. I didn’t want to run something overly passive on this slot nor did i want to run another pokemon that could potentially be pursuit trapped to share the role of checking fighting types with rotom.

In-depth

Motion Blue (Sharpedo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Protect​

Amazing pokemon all around, it has to ability to threaten mega steelix from get-go with a hydro pump as well as being strong in general since ru has a lack of special walls, you can choose to use this as a late game cleaner or as an early game breaker depending on team matchup, but it’s almost guaranteed that it will never be useless, still not sure if i should have crunch over dark pulse, though. Last but not least, Ice beam is great coverage which can punch through any number of threatening grass-types.

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost​

Most reliable source of hazard removal that ru has ever since gligar left the tier, with ground being probably the third best typing on the tier at the moment, it’s able to stay alive through entire matches while not being too overly passive, since it has u-turn. Key check to fire types, being able to beat Emboar, Delphox and Houndoom, as well as being a ground resist and a specially deffensive pivot, which is much appreciated, since ru lacks those, especially offense.

Ballet Mechanique (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang​

Role compression. One of the most important things to have on the current metagame is role compression(it’s the only reason pokemon like vileplume or poliwrath are viable at all) we simply have too much threats and not a lot of deffensive pokemon to deal with said threats, mega steelix + alo cores can only go so far. Fire fang over iron head since it hits escavalier while also hitting mega abomasnow. In particular, Mawile handles scarf tyrantrum, scrafty, absol, sd virizion and physical sharpedo, which would otherwise rend this team to tiny, elegant pieces.

World's End Garden (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge​

Typical swords dance virizion set that exists ever since xy came out, close combat and leaf blade as reliable stabs that hit for good neutran coverage and stone edge as i’d rather hit sigilyph with this team(no real need to cover for grass/poisons as they are pressured by the other mons). Virizon is simply the best check to sharpedo for ofensive teams to have, being able to revenge kill pokemon like houndoom and absol, something that tangrowth and abomasnow cannot do.

Fantasia (Rotom) @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute​

I honestly have no clue whatsoever was to why this thing is so good. Maybe it’s the lack of status absorbers in ru, or maybe it’s the typing, idk. But it checks fletchinder and durant which is something that is unique to itself(bar like, rotom fan or something) and is pretty good at beating down balance teams that rely too much on slowking+steelix cores. Discharge can get some crucil paras on emboar and houndoom with the only real safe switch in being camerupt, as it doesn't fear any of rotom's moves, but thats dealt with by flygon and sharpedo.

Paper Moon Shine (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance/Taunt as suggested by 49.​

One of the best pokemon in the current metagame. It’s useful against every single playstyle and it checks a large number of common threats, probably one of the most splashable pokemon right now. Standard fletchinder set/spread being able to switch into specs sludge bomb from tangrowth once(and leaf storm even with rocks up) while also coming in on drapions and scraftys knock off, and then setting up on them afterwards. As always, Gale Wings is an ability which makes up for whatever teambuilding deficiencies you may have forgotten about, which is always appreciated.

Threatlist

Well played fighting types can be really dangerous even with fletch + rotom, be sure to always keep rotom alive on matchups versus scarf medicham, and play agressive in order to not give lo hitmonlee a lot of room to act.

I honestly just gave up trying to overly prepare for abomasnow, it can be pressured with fletchinder and virizion can revenge it, sharpedo needs some prior dmg to do so, and mawile 2hkoes w fire fang/iron head.

There’s probably more, but it’s late and i’m tired.

Century Express Leodamin e7e - Provavelmente os melhores amigos que eu fiz nesse joguinho, muito obrigado por todas as horas de jogatina/conversa que ja perdemos juntos, eu nunca iria esperar fazer amigos de verdade jogando fodendo >pokemon online, mas eu fiz, e sou grato a vocês por tudo, de verdade. Nós que voa
Eternal Spirit GOAO. Disenchanted silver ghost Tatsumaa Dire Mirealis Ren-chon @Posho(vc é br) Miles Tails Carloos Ice Tea (vc é br tb) e o resto da macacada da evo que não tem conta nessa porra aqui, mesmo a gente se falando um pouco menos vocês também me ajudaram bastante sem nem saber, valeu ae

Ajna (would become a top player if he didnt quit) Natural Talent (same)
Schaff (that one would if he actually wanted to)
thecrystalonix
Scythe. (didnt give me a shoutout after using my team on slam but still friends i guess..) atomicllamas
tehy (you're really funny dude, thanks for the much needed laughs) Feliburn
MrAldo (probably the most diligent and responsible person that i have ever met on pokemon after Century Express, quality human being imo)
Joshz (%josh: DIOGO
[04:30] %josh: am i shotuout worthy)
slurmz (silliest and most likeable person in here) aoemica (same) xastify (same) Killintime (,,.,;,, :^]) MainEvent (same) zdrup15

Motion Blue (Sharpedo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Ballet Mechanique (Mawile) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Baton Pass
- Fire Fang

World's End Garden (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Fantasia (Rotom) @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

Paper Moon Shine (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance/Taunt

[05:27] @aoemica: Flygon is capable of learning the move Defog through HM 05, which has multiple effects such as including the ability to reduce any target pokemon's evasion by 1 stage not including the user itself
[05:27] @aoemica: (this effect also occurs whilst the target has used the effects of the move substitute and currently has a substitute out).
[05:27] @aoemica: A number of various different entry hazards are also removed due to the move Defog, while noninclusive, hazards such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web all may be removed due to this move.
[05:27] @aoemica: Additionally, Defog can also remove such other types of field effects including such effects as created by the moves Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Mist,
[05:27] @aoemica: as well as removing the effects of fog which is only present in-game and not available as a mechanic implemented in battling on Pokemon Showdown.

Last edited:
yo

your sharpedo has no physical attacks, but is rash. this is sub-optimal b.c there is a nature that raises spa and decreases atk, so i would suggest you opt for a modest nature. this would allow it to take special attacks, like alomomola's scald and that's it, better. hope i helped =)

rash ---> modest

real talk, i enjoy the idea behind this team, and now i know who's been using those nicks around that framework all the dang time. i'd role w/252 hp / 28 def / 204 spd / 24 spe on gonner over your current spread, given that i swear the def evs are 100% superfluous every time, and w/o a more hearty spd investment you find yourself getting 2hkoed by lo delphox psychic on a bit too regular a basis for my liking. i might honestly give consideration to taunt > sd on fletch as well, since the disruption is great here for stifling momo stall and the like, as well as stuffing edge-less lix, and outside of virizion, your stall handle could maybe stand to get buffed out a bit, while i think you've got hella resources to handle most offenses. cool team, thanks for sharing

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
yo

your sharpedo has no physical attacks, but is rash. this is sub-optimal b.c there is a nature that raises spa and decreases atk, so i would suggest you opt for a modest nature. this would allow it to take special attacks, like alomomola's scald and that's it, better. hope i helped =)

rash ---> modest

real talk, i enjoy the idea behind this team, and now i know who's been using those nicks around that framework all the dang time. i'd role w/252 hp / 28 def / 204 spd / 24 spe on gonner over your current spread, given that i swear the def evs are 100% superfluous every time, and w/o a more hearty spd investment you find yourself getting 2hkoed by lo delphox psychic on a bit too regular a basis for my liking. i might honestly give consideration to taunt > sd on fletch as well, since the disruption is great here for stifling momo stall and the like, as well as stuffing edge-less lix, and outside of virizion, your stall handle could maybe stand to get buffed out a bit, while i think you've got hella resources to handle most offenses. cool team, thanks for sharing
I actually had aqua jet prior and just forgot to change the nature, will do.
I believe that gon is actually 2hkoed by scarf emboar's superpower without that def invest that i have and that's the main reason as to why i still use it(it's also nice versus random life orb psyshock delphoxes which is something a ladder hero such a myself needs to be wary about haha)
I'll definitely try out taunt fletchinder though, i've never thought of that before and it does sound like it helps, even though rotom was usually enough versus mola stall most of the time but that might be due to me playing exclusively on the ladder and whatnot.
Thanks a lot for the rate!

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey bud this is a really solid team you've posted and I really like the overall concept of the team. :toast:

As far as the threatlist goes, I think Swords Dance Drapion can be quite a nuisance to your team, especially if it has Earthquake to hit Mawile, and it can outspeed Flygon which does a ton after a +2 Knock Off, which can be troublesome since you have to revenge kill it with Sharpedo, while still giving it the chance to switch out, even though Sharpedo is generally a hard Pokemon to switch into, it can be worn down easily which can give Drapion an easier time to clean. Drapion usually sets up on Virizion, since Close Combat does not KO, and Drapion can KO back with Poison Jab, usually would click Swords Dance because you'd either be forced to switch or lose a solid bulky Water-type check.

Moreover, looking at the current RU metagame, there are more Physically Defensive Pokemon that Specially Defensive ones, making Special Attackers more prominent than Physical ones (explains the reason to use Special Sharpedo and Mega Abomasnow over Physical most of the time). You do have a solid Special Attacker in Sharpedo, but keep in mind that it is a cleaner, and is relatively frail and can be worn down by the foe if it is used early or mid-game.

Looking at these problems, the best solution is to use Calm Mind Virizion, as it can setup on bulky Water-types, and they would not try to use Toxic, as most Virizion are Lum Berry and go to their Virizion check in Tangrowth (which is very dominant right now), and you can threaten to KO it, you can also beat Togetic and Aromatisse which annoy Virizion usually, but with Calm Mind boosts and access to Hidden Power Ice and Giga Drain respectively, you can take care of them. Virizion can also KO Drapion after Stealth Rock damage, giving you an easier time against it.

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Hope I helped! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)