end of the world thread

If the world does end on the 21st, my grandmother will just barely miss her birthday.

As far as when exactly the world is ending on the 21st, the Mayans believed it was going to happen some time around dawn for them, which means sometime around dawn for the US. I have a feeling I'll sleep through the entire thing.

Edit: Doubt I'll be doing anything special on the 21st. I'll probably just be playing FFXII and going to some sort of birthday party for my grandmother after the 21st.

First, I'm going to hit up an end of the world party.
Then, I'm going to hit up a the-world-didn't-end party.
Party hard erryday.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That image at the beginning should have been posted at 6:00 AM on the dot, just sayin'. :)

I have a half day of school for whatever reason on the 21st, so I'll probably go out to lunch with a few friends.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to go to school, come home, fap, play video games, browse Smogon, then go to bed. Also known as a typical day in my life. Don't really feel like doing any stupid shit or caring about stupid shit people do on the 21st (even though stupid shit people do is pretty funny)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i think you're all being way too dismissive. the mayans were far more advanced than we are and, had their home - Atlantis - not been destroyed by a meteor, they would probably still be the dominant species on Earth, thanks in part to their ability to predict the future and breath underwater.

if they say the world's gonna end i think you need to pay it at least some respect.

the 21 Im going to San Antonio TX, so it is going to be an interesting trip hahaha

I've read that a princess in japan said something about darkness for 3 days long lol

blitzlefan

shake it off!
i think you're all being way too dismissive. the mayans were far more advanced than we are and, had their home - Atlantis - not been destroyed by a meteor, they would probably still be the dominant species on Earth, thanks in part to their ability to predict the future and breath underwater.

if they say the world's gonna end i think you need to pay it at least some respect.
I totally agree with this. You also forgot to mention telepathy (how do they keep beating me on PO?) and time travel. But lol end-of-the-world-party and then next day, not-end-of-the-world-party. FUCK YEAH!

Guys the world is obviously not being invaded by aliens. It's going to end when SERN loses control of the black hole that they did make in 2008 but lied to everyone about. Until then, I'm refreshing this page every 5 minutes so I'll be ready when it all goes down.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the world wasn't going to end but if everyone keeps banging on about how it's gonna then the mayans who evacuated to mars will come and destroy it

so everyone just shut the fuck up and be cool

I'm celebrating End of the World Week as I type this. Everyone hates me because I'm making a big deal about it. Each day I eat more food than usual and after the 21st if I gain more than 10+ lbs then I celebrate by playing Pokemon all day. Fun.

In all reality the world is not going to end. The Mayans never account for leap years, so the world was actually supposed to end a while ago. And it didn't. So...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I'm going to be on a plane. Shit
that is the best possible place to be

when the whole surface of the earth bursts into flames you can just fly around until everything cools off, then land, and repopulate the species with whoever happens to be onboard with you

What if all the power companies just decide to turn the power off for a bit on the 21st?

The only thing I "fear" about the 21st is the morons that are gonna do stupid shit in public. Although that could also turn out to be funny.

Also:

@LeapYearstuff: I read that the translation was made accounting for leap years. xD

I'm celebrating End of the World Week as I type this. Everyone hates me because I'm making a big deal about it. Each day I eat more food than usual and after the 21st if I gain more than 10+ lbs then I celebrate by playing Pokemon all day. Fun.

In all reality the world is not going to end. The Mayans never account for leap years, so the world was actually supposed to end a while ago. And it didn't. So...
Actually, you're wrong.

I'm going to attend an end of the world party on Friday. Then I'm going to Kentucky the next day.
Good luck getting to kentucky through those meteors.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
oh christ did someone really just say "mayans don't have leap years?" Next, they'll be saying "Planes fly because of the pressure difference above and below the wings"

If they were smart enough to know when the world was going to end, surely they could have predicted their own deaths. Maybe they just got lazy and couldn't be fucked extending their calendar anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)