Emboar

This one is mine.

Mixed Offensive
Emboar | Modest
Item : Choice Scarf
252 Atk EVs/252 SpA EVs
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flare Blitz/Heat Stamp (once Heat Stamp comes with a weight chart, Fire Blitz might be canceled)
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Since his speed is low, and any possible increase of Def would be totally time-consuming and wasteful, a Choice Scarf would be good in play.

Trick Room Mixed Offensive
Emboar | Quiet
252 EV atk/252 EV spA
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flare Blitz/Heat Stamp (once Heat Stamp comes with a weight chart, Fire Blitz might be canceled)
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Don't really see the point of this one, he's just a weaker Camerupt IMO, without the Eruption and massive damage from it. However, it's mixed offensive will be able to take down dreaded Blisseys and Skarmories.

This one is mine.

Mixed Offensive
Emboar | Modest
252 Atk EVs/252 SpA EVs
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Since his speed is low, and any possible increase of Def would be totally time-consuming and wasteful, a Choice Scarf would be good in play.

Emboar | Quiet
252 EV atk/252 EV spA
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Don't really see the point of this one, he's just a weaker Camerupt IMO, without the Eruption and massive damage from it. However, it's mixed offensive will be able to take down dreaded Blisseys and Skarmories.
Modest mixed attacker? Run a +Spe and - Sp.Def/Def Nature instead. Speed EVs are necessary, BTW, in a Scarf set. Max Speed lets him outspeed Max Speed 120 base Pokemon.

Also, 252 Evs in each attack is unnecessary when going mixed in a TR set. Just put EVs in the necessary quantity to KO common threats and put whatever's left in HP, to give him a bit of bulk to switch in.

Modest mixed attacker? Run a +Spe and - Sp.Def/Def Nature instead. Speed EVs are necessary, BTW, in a Scarf set. Max Speed lets him outspeed Max Speed 120 base Pokemon.

Also, 252 Evs in each attack is unnecessary when going mixed in a TR set. Just put EVs in the necessary quantity to KO common threats and put whatever's left in HP, to give him a bit of bulk to switch in.
Thanks dude. I'm not much of a "good" battler in Pokemon, I just honestly made this up in the top of my mind. I can't test honestly because I honestly don't know how.

Thanks dude. I'm not much of a "good" battler in Pokemon, I just honestly made this up in the top of my mind. I can't test honestly because I honestly don't know how.
Don't worry. With enough lurking in the forums and reading analyses, you'll get the hang of it.

That said, I'm not great at this either. =/

This one is mine.

Mixed Offensive
Emboar | Modest
252 Atk EVs/252 SpA EVs
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Emboar | Quiet
252 EV atk/252 EV spA
HeadSmash/Earthquake
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

What about a completely physical choice scarfer. put just enough speed ev's to outspeed things that scare it and the rest in hp. go adamant nature. keep flare blitz and head smash. replace flame thrower with wild bolt. put super power on instead of focus blast.

Basically , you bring emboar in on things it would scare. predict the switch and fuck shit up. then runaway and live to fight another day.

I am also liking the thought of a nitor charge set. basically you come in on things like breloom, natt, and efuruun. use this oppurtunity to get the speed boost and a little damage on the switch. now your faster than base 120s. if they sent in a water pokemon , wild bolt them to oblivion, shandera? headsmash unless he is scarfed too and has shadow tag(rip emboar), heatran? run with your tale between your legs.

I am also liking the thought of a nitor charge set. basically you come in on things like breloom, natt, and efuruun. use this oppurtunity to get the speed boost and a little damage on the switch. now your faster than base 120s. if they sent in a water pokemon , wild bolt them to oblivion, shandera? headsmash unless he is scarfed too and has shadow tag(rip emboar), heatran? run with your tale between your legs.
Unless you know Heatran isn't scarfed of course, then you smash it with you're fighting STAB of choice or Earthquake. Who knows? Heatran may lose alot of popularity as a scarfer in gen V. Especially with that stupid Explosion nerf.

Honestly, Emboar could work as a decent revenge killer, akin to say, Scarf-tar, the base stat might not be quite there but he's a bit faster and reckless increases his damage output pretty substantially. Idunno.

I want to use Submersion on it in Doubles/Triples to make it a Water pig! In game though.

In terms of bulk, what Pokemon are are similar? And what moves to put with Overheat?

Hihidaruma has VERY similar defenses, with higher attack and speed but no special attack, also he's pure fire so there's that.

Leeme see, nobody remebers Ankle Sweep?

In a swith, Anklee Sweep hits with STAB and alway decreases your opponent Speed.

This can work well if you want a little bit of power, more than Nitro Charge (ASweep = 60 BP, Nitro Charge = 50), also, this work very similar: a swith and send out a PKMN like, dunno, Breloom, Emboar hits with AS, lowers Breloom Speed, and in the next turn, you can detroy it any effective attack later.

Also, hits a little bit better Gyaradoses than Nitro Charge, so an Ankle Sweep give Emboar chances to hit Gyarados with Wild Bolt first.

See you.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
In terms of bulk, what Pokemon are are similar?
His bulk is very similar to that of Arcanine.

0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs 4/0 Emboar = 48% - 57%
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs 4/0 Arcanine = 46% - 54%

0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs 252/0 Emboar = 41% - 49%
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs 252/0 Arcanine = 39% - 46%

Leeme see, nobody remebers Ankle Sweep?

In a swith, Anklee Sweep hits with STAB and alway decreases your opponent Speed.

This can work well if you want a little bit of power, more than Nitro Charge (ASweep = 60 BP, Nitro Charge = 50), also, this work very similar: a swith and send out a PKMN like, dunno, Breloom, Emboar hits with AS, lowers Breloom Speed, and in the next turn, you can detroy it any effective attack later.

Also, hits a little bit better Gyaradoses than Nitro Charge, so an Ankle Sweep give Emboar chances to hit Gyarados with Wild Bolt first.

See you.
ahhh i see ankle sweep could be a bettter idea than super power. we can probably replace nitro charge with bulk up. the problem is shandera and the that damn jelly fish. more than likely the jelly fish will come out. so now you have to have good prediction skills. the heat will be on if you know your opponents pokemon before hand as well. the payoff ,however, will be amazing. he can definitely tear up under used if he doesn't make borderline.

Edit: i have been using choice scarf with some success he is able to come in and k.o a lot of stuff. with reckless he does major damage.

more than likely the jelly fish will come out. so now you have to have good prediction skills.
Burungel has 60 base speed, so you are faster already, no need to drop it's speed, just hit it with Wild Charge.
So I think Nitro Charge could be replaced with Ankle Sweep easily.
Add Flare Blitz, Wild Charge and Stone Edge (HeadSmash+Reckless+LO is really stupid), or even Takedown and you're set.
Shame it has no Double Edge, or Submission/(Hi) Jump Kick, so Takedown could be used to hit Swampert ant the like, I think.

Why Ankle Sweep over Nitro Charge? Nitro Charge may be weaker but it is much more effective in the long run. Once you KO the Pokemon you used Ankle Sweep on, their next Pokemon will be faster than you 90% of the time, but with Nitro Charge, the speed boost stays and the number of checks drop.
Ankle Sweep's only use over Nitro Charge would be to help a teammate take down a foe or it would otherwise outspeed you.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Why has there been no mention of Superpower I mean my god it's his most reliable, high powered STAB move yet people think running Head Smash is more viable. Not even Rampardos commonly runs Head Smash despite much higher attack, STAB, a similarly high HP stat and SR neutrality simply because it is suicide, especially on Emboar.

Stone Edge, Superpower and Flare Blitz give you unresisted coverage, and for reference a super effective Wild Volt has the same base power as a neutral Superpower.

I realise people are keen to abuse reckless but the 20% increase in power does not compensate. Also do not use Ankle Sweep. The fact that it's outclassed by Nitro Charge (fucking Nitro Charge...) shows you how crap it is.

Why has there been no mention of Superpower I mean my god it's his most reliable, high powered STAB move yet people think running Head Smash is more viable. Not even Rampardos commonly runs Head Smash despite much higher attack, STAB, a similarly high HP stat and SR neutrality simply because it is suicide, especially on Emboar.

Stone Edge, Superpower and Flare Blitz give you unresisted coverage, and for reference a super effective Wild Volt has the same base power as a neutral Superpower.

I realise people are keen to abuse reckless but the 20% increase in power does not compensate. Also do not use Ankle Sweep. The fact that it's outclassed by Nitro Charge (fucking Nitro Charge...) shows you how crap it is.
Sometimes, Emboar might need Wild Charge to deal with Pokemon like Gyarados. Also, from this post, I can pull together a set. It's a bit risky, but it could work:
-Nitro Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-Stone Edge/Wild Charge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Reckless

Basically, you switch this Emboar in on to something it can scare out and use Nitro Charge on the switch-in (or KO the target if it stays for some reason), and then sweep from there. The reason why I said it's risky is because the Attack and Defense drops from Superpower may cause you to switch out often. Not only that, Flare Blitz (and Life Orb) recoil also takes its toll eventually.

I think a semi mix set would work.Sorry if this topic was Dead and i necromanced but i found it while googling

Emboar @ Life Orb
Blaze~Naive/Timid~4 ATK~252 SP ATK~252 SPEED
~Nitro Charge
~Fire Blast/ Flamethrower/ Overheat/ Focus Blast
~Grass Knot
~Scald/ Focus Blast

I feel like emboar is gonna end up just like entei was before he got his event moves, The difference is emboar has a fantastic movepool when entei had Calm Mind-Fire Move- Hidden Power- Filler. But Emboar has F/W/G attack movepool and he can deal with a lot of things that want to come in on him. Focus Blast Is interesting on Emboar since its pretty powerful and most people maybe won't see a big fat fighting move.No need for reckless with all the special moves you're packing so life orb is good and after a nitro charge this guy looks really threating

another possible set is one that is similar to Dragonite,

Emboar @ Life Orb
Blaze/Reckless~Quiet~252 ATK 252 SP ATK 4 SPEED
~Superpower
~Overheat
~Flare Blitz/Head Smash
~Grass Knot/ Hidden Power Electric/ Wild Bolt

I think its pretty self explanitory but maybe not if you have any suggetions do tell as i've been trying it out and i like it.

another possible set is one that is similar to Dragonite,

Emboar @ Life Orb
Blaze/Reckless~Quiet~252 ATK 252 SP ATK 4 SPEED
~Superpower
~Overheat
~Flare Blitz/Head Smash
~Grass Knot/ Hidden Power Electric/ Wild Bolt

I think its pretty self explanitory but maybe not if you have any suggetions do tell as i've been trying it out and i like it.
Instead of Overheat, why not run boiling water? Gives you more coverage and won't cripple your Sp Atk.

And if you're running quiet, you may need trick room support. You'll be outsped by everything with no Speed EVs and a speed hindering nature.

Speedboar @ leftovers
Impish nature | 100 atk/152def/252spdef
-substitute
-flame charge
-wild charge/body slam/superpower
-yawn

something random/creative to get the discussion going.

i actualy use some kind of bulky attacker(what gen 5 IS based about) and it work well if not for doryuuzu coming in 9 second and scare me out.

Fire is great typing but when it come to bulky attacker, it doesnt seem to suceed except for thatthing with H on front and N on the back

Scarf Emboar sucks, plain and simple. The reason ScarfTar works is because it combines high bulk with the ability to checkmate the things it needs to (Starmie, Latios). CB or LO with four attacks is the way to go, since Emboar has pretty high base power attacks and great coverage with Fire / Electric / Fighting / Rock alone.

breh

強いだね
Well it's unexpected at least...

(to be used on a sunny day team)

Careful Emboar @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Will-o-Wisp
Roar
Flare Blitz
Bulk Up

If you eliminate the water weakness (sun), you have a few remaining - Psychic, Flying, and Ground.

Most ground types bar Nidoking are neutered by Will-o-wisp, while most Psychic and Flying moves are predictable and easy to see coming (essentially tornelos, rank, and Lati@s more or less).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)