move 2:Thunderbolt
move 3:Light screen
move 4:Explosion
item:Light clay/Leftovers
ability:Static
nature:Timid/Hasty
evs:252 Spe/124 SpD/128 Spa

why this set deserves to be on-site
With Electrode being the fastest pokemon in the UU and 2nd fastest non-ledgendary, outclassed only by Ninjask it serves as a brilliant lead. Electrode may not have access to reflect but it can set up light screen effectively. STAB thunderbolt hits 13/17 types well and OHKO's lead Swellow easily with electrode's superior speed. Taunt is used so the foe may not use protect/detect so you can use explosion without kicking yourself. Explosion is a last resort move after light screen has been set up or if thunderbolt is ineffective, pop goes the weasel... I mean electrode.

Additional comments
Light clay provides a few extra turns for light screen while leftovers gives a small recovery of health each turn.

Counters:
Any pokemon with the move earthquake is a threat to electrode and Dugtrio poses a big threat to Electrode as well.

Teammates:
Mantine is immune to ground attacks and can send a powerful STAB water move back at them, the same goes for pelipper.
Azumarill is also a brilliant teammate as not only does it take minimal damage from a ground type move it can send a powerful
water attack back.

Interesting idea. However...I'm saying no. It's better off setting up Rain Dance, because it can actually abuse it. It can't really abuse Light Screen too well. Also, Taunt is a much better choice on this set. Finally, you need to add more details to AC, Counters, and Teammates (especially since the only teammates listed are Pelipper and Mantine, both of which are NU and aren't the best choices in UU). Sorry, and better luck with another set.

Interesting idea. However...I'm saying no. It's better off setting up Rain Dance, because it can actually abuse it. It can't really abuse Light Screen too well. Also, Taunt is a much better choice on this set. Finally, you need to add more details to AC, Counters, and Teammates (especially since the only teammates listed are Pelipper and Mantine, both of which are NU and aren't the best choices in UU). Sorry, and better luck with another set.
Well, this is true, but I guess Azelf does have a dual screen lead set for OU, so why not have a dual screen lead set for Electrode in UU?

Well, this is true, but I guess Azelf does have a dual screen lead set for OU, so why not have a dual screen lead set for Electrode in UU?
The biggest problem is that Electrode can't put up dual screens ... and hence I can't really believe in this set.

Now if Electrode could use Reflect, then a set of Reflect + Light Screen + Taunt + Explosion would be reasonable. Put up the right screen, Taunt entry hazards, Explode to bring in a sweeper for free - but without Reflect, what are you to do vs. a lead physical attacker ... ?

firstly thank you all for your constructive criticism

@flashrider57
I will be adding more text to my set nearly everyday, but i will espescially add more to the additional comments and teammates and counters sections.
I will also find UU pokemon to the teammates section.

@ARandomDude
I will replace thunder-wave with taunt.

@Banedon
I have realized this but if worst comes to worst, electrode has the best speed in UU so it can use explosion and take the lead physical attacker out.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, the objective of dual screen suicide leads is to set up your screens quickly and go directly to a set-up sweeper who can take advantage of increased longevity to initiate a sweep. With only one screen, you render yourself vulnerable to physical attackers, who are probably more threatening than special attackers if only because most priority is physical. There are better options for this type of set.

QC Rejected 1/2

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Eo summed up my thoughts pretty well. Taunt, its only perk over things like Uxie, isn't that good, as stopping Stealth Rock isn't the main priority of Dual Screen Leads (in fact, they enjoy it, as it's a free turn taking no damage); and because this guy only has access to one sort of screen, the one that doesn't shield you against 95% of the priority moves, I lean towards no, sorry.

QC Rejected 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)