El Tigre Numero Uno

Hey there. Here I bring you a team that I built around a pretty obscure threat in the Meta : Double Dancing Landorus-T. There are few people who run this set, and its usefulness comes not from its ability to destroy teams from one boost, but from its surprise factor. The only real faults with it are :
  1. Stone Edge is so unreliable. Everytime I click Stone Edge, I make sure to sacrifice a Lamb to our Divine Father for his Grace and guidance. There have been enough clean sweeps that have been wrecked solely because our Lord had no mercy. Honestly debating Rock Slide at this point.
  2. It can be rather annoying to set up. Chances are, you will NOT get to set up both a Swords Dance and Rock Polish. The only way to do this is if: You're opponent is awful. Or I somehow played fantastically well. Or just bluffed the bulky pivot set well enough to have them stay in and say, set up SR or something.
  3. There are still things that will stop me cold. Skarmory.
To alleviate those faults, I assembled a team I hope is built well enough to be viable, successful, and overall different then the majority of the teams that share a lot of the same cores.

Look Of The Team As A Whole

Individual Look

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

This set used to be a scarfed Terrakion. While this used to be my revenge killer, I realized I had a massive weakness to the Lati twins, as well as having no switch ins to Greninja. Or Keldeo for that matter. So here comes Azumarill. There is no need to revenge kill when you can switch in something that won't die or take serious damage, as well as be able to hit hard in return. Or just go for the BD and sweep. This, along with Rotom-W, has helped fill in many holes that this team had, as well as giving a secondary sweeper incase I have to sack Landorus. Im running Sinclairs set that he used on his HO team, because Speed creeping things before getting burned is very nice. With team support, Water + Fairy coverage is more than enough.

Frosted Flakes (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

The heart and soul of the team, and the main reason I even built it. As I already mentioned its merits, doing it again would be pretty repetitive. All I have to say is that the team is built to support it pretty well. Other than that, it really does a decent job at pulling its own weight, and if it can't sweep, it can cripple the opposition enough to allow for a clean-up by Terrakion. Very underrated set IMO, but is definetely a threat to be aware of.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Atk / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

This is pretty much an Anti-Stall set. While the standard is Sub, Leftovers, with 3 Attacks, this set allows my team to have a better answer to stall without Gothitelle around. A decent trade off, as the power gained gives alot of important 2HKOs, as well as OHKOing alot of things that I wouldn't with the leftovers set. The EVs can be prone to change though, and if anyone has any suggestions, please share. Other than that, standard set, besides the Item change and Roost>Substitute.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A pretty underrated Mega, but one that fits pretty well with the rest of my team. Its usage is justified however, because honestly, there are better Megas to use. However, for this team in particular, Mega-Manetric brings more to the table for this team than any other Mega IMO. It provides a great Talonflame, Greninja, and Thundurus-I set, all of which give offensive team nightmares. I also have a sentimental attatchment to it, because I beat my first Frontier Brain using a Manetric :3

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill here, filling the role that was once Bisharps, even though they play two completely different roles. Since this team used to have DeoSharp core, and I replace both of those pokemon, I needed Hazards, as well as Hazard control. Thats pretty much Excadrill. Also provides a nice Iron Head, which Bisharp also did, and even though it doesn't have a LO to hit as hard, it still severely dents Fairies. Standard AF.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I hate to use standard things. But considering Im running a Double Dance Landorus and a Mega Manetric, two pokemon not commonly seen in OU, I think I'm going to cut myself some slack. Without this thing here, my team would be completely helpless to Azumarill. I also lacked a reliable switch in to Mamoswine, but this here counters most sets lacking Freeze Dry. This thing is honestly Landorus-T's best friend, and honestly the team is much better with it. Even though I lose Gothitelles trapping ability, that really isn't missed considering how not every team I play is stall. But yes. Rotom-W is the glue, the thing that holds this team together, and its moveset while standard, really helps this team. Volt Switch gives nice momentum (Most of the times), and Will-O-Wisp cripples things enough so that a Burn+ Intimdate can easily turn things into set up fodder for Landorus-T.

That is all, and I hoped you enjoyed the read!

Former Teammates

Last edited:
So for your team I'd say it's pretty good. However try SD instead on bisharp as it gives you a very good boost. It's not worth just pursuit trapping a few pokemon. For gothitelle I would run choice scarf so it fixes it's speed problem.

I found that Choice Specs Timid Gothitelle outspeeds standard Impish 72 Speed EVs SubToxic Gliscor, and can OHKO with HP Ice. It also does around 73-86% with psyshock to MegaVenusaur. Specs is definetely superior in these cases, and to be honest, scarfed Gothitelle isnt even as fast as Mega Manetric.

As for Swords Dance over Pursuit, Im still testing that. Pursuit definetely has its merits IMO.

Your team seems to have a problem with both Mega Charizard X and Y, as what would seem to be your team's most solid counter, Kyurem-Black resists neither's STABs, and can both OHKO after Stealth Rocks.

My suggestion to deal with this would be to rather than using Kyurem-Black, instead use one of the Lati twins. I'm not sure which set would work best, but I'll try to playtest the team, and get back with a response.

Also go watch Wreck it Ralph. Right now.

Your team seems to have a problem with both Mega Charizard X and Y, as what would seem to be your team's most solid counter, Kyurem-Black resists neither's STABs, and can both OHKO after Stealth Rocks.

My suggestion to deal with this would be to rather than using Kyurem-Black, instead use one of the Lati twins. I'm not sure which set would work best, but I'll try to playtest the team, and get back with a response.

Also go watch Wreck it Ralph. Right now.
Charizard Y can be handled by Mega Manetric if its taken some prior damage. Since this is an offensive team, Ill generally have to sack some things along the way. Although type resistences would be nice. I am honestly debating replacing Gothitelle with a bulky yet offensive Water type, but Gothitelles role in destroying stall is invaluable.

To be honest, CHar X is a much greater threat IMO. I have to hope that he leads off with it, so then I can get the T-Wave. If not, I have to keep the offensive pressure going, and if I can somehow get Landorus-T set up, I am good to go. As it is with most offensive teams though.

Charizard Y can be handled by Mega Manetric if its taken some prior damage. Since this is an offensive team, Ill generally have to sack some things along the way. Although type resistences would be nice. I am honestly debating replacing Gothitelle with a bulky yet offensive Water type, but Gothitelles role in destroying stall is invaluable.

To be honest, Char X is a much greater threat IMO. I have to hope that he leads off with it, so then I can get the T-Wave. If not, I have to keep the offensive pressure going, and if I can somehow get Landorus-T set up, I am good to go. As it is with most offensive teams though.
A few other threats I've found are Bisharp, and Gardevoir.

Bisharp can cause some chaos with Defiant, since it's checks/counters boost it's attack after intimidate.

The team doesn't seem to have a counter for Gardevoir, and Bisharp is OHKO'd by Hyper Voice.

A few other threats I've found are Bisharp, and Gardevoir.

Bisharp can cause some chaos with Defiant, since it's checks/counters boost it's attack after intimidate.

The team doesn't seem to have a counter for Gardevoir, and Bisharp is OHKO'd by Hyper Voice.

I suppose either Kyurem B or Gothitelle has to be subsituted. Since both essentially are my counters to stall, one of them is interchangeable. Im thinking of trying a Scarf Chomp as a secondary revenge cleaner to replace Kyurem-B. I will be using Fire Blast, so it can lure Skarmory as well.

That does leave my team very weak to Mamoswine though.

As an alternative, I can swap out Gothitelle for Choice Specs Keldeo. Keldeo outspeeds Gardevoir and with some prior damage, whether entry hazards or chip

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 207-244 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes

This gives my team a much needed water resist, and still a way to break the Blobs. Does still leave me slightly weak to stall.

Last edited:
A threat to the team as of right now is Azumarill, due to the fact that it can take out Manectric with relative ease, and there isn't much else to stop it after Manectric is gone.

A threat to the team as of right now is Azumarill, due to the fact that it can take out Manectric with relative ease, and there isn't much else to stop it after Manectric is gone.
Im switching Gothitelle to Rotom-W. I didn't even need it, considering I have Kyu-B to break stall. In most matches it was dead weight anyways. The team feels way better. I've also changed my Kyu-B set to

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 4 Atk / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Rash Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)