move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Choice Band
ability: Hustle
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Durant in the past has always been an often overlooked Pokemon, however with the addition of First Impression to its movepool and Dynamaxing, combined with a good speed tier Durant has become a threatening revenge killer and wallbreaker. With Hustle and Dynamaxing, Durant's attacks will never miss while still receiving the boosts from Hustle making it an effective Dynamax user. First Impression is a nice addition to Durant's movepool giving it priority to be able to revenge kill faster threats. Unfortunately, First Impression is only a first-turn move so it should only be used where its guaranteed to knock out an opposing Pokemon. Iron Head is Durant's main STAB move allowing it to handle Pokemon such as Hatterene, Togekiss and Galarian Darmanitan with ease. Superpower and Stone Edge gives Durant decent coverage to hit Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Gyarados respectively. Thunder Fang is a potential option over Stone Edge as it still allows you to hit Gyarados, while being able to do a lot more damage to Corviknight. The given EV spread maximizes Durant's offensive potential allowing it to hit as hard and be as fast as possible. Jolly is the preferred nature over Adamant because Durant is able to outspeed Pokemon such as Adamant Hawlucha before an Unburden boost.

Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Heat are also exceptional partners being able to pivot into Durant with a slow Volt Switch allowing it to come in and remain healthy. They can also deal with Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Galarian Darmanitan to an existent, which would threaten Durant out. Hydreigon and Dragapult make great partners as they both apply offensive pressure making it easier for Durant to revenge kill. Lastly, Durant appreciates entry hazard support from the likes of Excadrill and Seismitoad with Stealth Rock allowing it to pick off targets more reliably.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Terrakion, 224364]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:
what set am I doing with this? After dynamax ban, I personally think Durant lost all of its viability. Was speaking with talah about it and I think he felt the same but just needed some more feedback on what to do. I’m all of completely getting rid of Durant for an analysis but if QC has a set they want written up, I’ll gladly do it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)