SV OU Duraludon Copium (Top 200)

Magcargo Presents....

Duraludon Copium!
V1 :Duraludon: :Manaphy: :Rillaboom: :Hatterene: :Great Tusk: :Iron Moth:
V3 :Duraludon: :Manaphy: :Rillaboom: :Clefable: :Great Tusk: :Iron Moth:

(Other versions I haven't experimented with as much)
V2 :Duraludon: :Manaphy: :Rillaboom: :Hatterene: :Great Tusk: :Iron Moth:
V4 :Duraludon: :Manaphy: :Rillaboom: :Hatterene: :Great Tusk: :Iron Moth:
(original credit goes to SoloLadderingTest on PS for making the changes on V4)​

Following the unjust banning of Archaludon by the OU Monarchy, I knew I could not just sit idly by, wallowing in defeat. I immediately got to work on this Duraludon squad, pestering every rando on PS and TrainersAid discord for improvements! Perhaps I went overboard, but I crafted a heat squad that I was able to peak around 1780 with. I do not think this squad has much room to go up higher due to the top of the ladder being populated with top tier squads & better players, either possessing strong bulky cores or powerful offense that overwhelms this team. This team relies on a lot of cheese and surprise factor to win. Nonetheless, I am quite satisfied with the results I was able to get, especially since I typically do not do well with teams I make.

1708590245048.png
:SV/Duraludon:
Archie Jr. (Duraludon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Light Metal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Archie Jr. (Duraludon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Light Metal
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 72 HP / 92 Def / 96 SpA / 96 SpD / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Body Press
- Thunder Wave
Duraludon certainly does struggle compared to its older brother, but does have some perks in the tier. Its typing is still fairly solid in this metagame, esp under G-Terrain where it only has one real weakness. It can check some big threats like Ogerpon-W, Rillaboom, etc. Even uninvested, its bulky is incredibly with Eviolite, which IMO helps alleviate one of its biggest weaknesses last gen. Its Firepower and speed are both fairly decent, letting it hit harder than Kyurem with a Modest nature while still outspeeding big threats like Bolt. It also possesses somme solid utility moves in Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave, which are nice in this metagame. Duraludon is quite solid at trading in general, being able to live many hits at full from the likes of Valiant, Cinderace, Iron Boulder, etc. and KO back, perhaps with some HP to spare. It can also lure and cripple many Pokemon such as Gking, Corv, and Toxapex, which is quite useful for its partners as you'll no doubt see. Its damage output is no joke either, and its Steel STAB is quite good vs mons looking to bounce back hazards like Hatterene. That being said, it struggles quite a bit into bulkier builds.

I have not used Tera Fighting Body Press too much, but it is a nice Gambit check, though becomes completely walled by Hatterene and other Fairies. Tera Fairy is nice for trading with Roaring Moon, but the MU with Steel-types isn't too good.

:SV/Manaphy:
ManaFried (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Alluring Voice
- Substitute

ManaFried (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Take Heart
- Scald
- Alluring Voice
- Substitute
When using Duraludon, my immediate thought was to pair it with forgotten titan Manaphy. Duraludon defensive pairs up really well with Water-types, and Manaphy in particular really likes having a mon to check Ogerpon-W around. It also benefits extensively from Duraludon's T-Wave support as well, letting it fish for setup opportunities with Sub and Tail Glow. Tera Steel is very useful in the ladder economy I was playing at, as Gking would come in as a "check" to Manaphy, only to get Tera Steel'd then setup on. Many of those Gking / Corv / Kyurem squads just get 6-0'd by this guy. Gkings higher on the ladder started to catch on though and run Flamethrower, so this strategy isn't fullproof. In general, Manaphy is very reliant on cheese in order to work, since its often fishing for para procs to go its way. Nonetheless, when the dice rolls do go its way, its often GG. Many teams lack sufficient counterplay to it.

I haven't experimented with the Tera Dark Take Heart set too much yet. Tera Steel imo is nicer into Gking / Kyurem structures.

:SV/Rillaboom:
MonkeMan (Rillaboom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
Rillaboom was a natural partner for Duraludon and Manaphy. The Grassy Terrain it provides works as amazing team support, providing both with passive recovery. On top of that, it is a fantastic breaker friend for both, with its LO Wood Hammers & Knock Off providing incredibly valuable team support vs the special walls they struggle with. Its particularly useful against Clodsire, Ting-Lu, and Blissey, which are 3 very big threats to this team otherwise. Removing Helmet from the likes of Corv and Skarm is also quite useful for other teammates like Hatt and Tusk. Unfortunately, it can get worn down fast between LO, Rocky Helmet, and Wood Hammer Recoil.

:SV/Hatterene::SV/Clefable:
Ima Hat (Hatterene) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Nuzzle

Ima Hat (Hatterene) @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Nuzzle

Ima Hat (Hatterene) @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 68 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Nuzzle

Cancer (Clefable) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
Every Dragon and Steel needs a Fairy friend! I went for Hatterene in my earlier builds, as Ting-Lu and Gliscor are quite annoying match-ups and Hatterene matches up extremely well against them. Hat does soild enough vs Volcarona and Dragonite (though not Great), can break through broken Clodsire with Psyshock, and becomes a tank with a Grassy Seed. I gave AV Hatterene a try after a suggestion from Srn, but wasn't too big of a fan due to the worse Gliscor and Ting-Lu MUs, though the help vs Bolt and Kyurem was still nice. On later builds, I swapped to Clefable after a suggestion by Omari P + the friends in Trainers Aid. My Gliscor and Clodsire MUs became drastically worse, but on the flipside, my offense MU became much better imo, as Clefable could cheese setup with T-Wave + CM, which has allowed it to win 1v1s vs mons like GAMBIT, which is crazy to me. Its done fine vs Gouging too I guess, though not great. Both Hatterene and Clefable aid Duraludon in the paraspam effort.

:SV/Great Tusk:
Tusker (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Spinner
- Headlong Rush
- Taunt

Average Tusk (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- High Horsepower
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Average Tusks (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Temper Flare
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off

Average Tusk (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 236 Atk / 108 Def / 164 Spe
Impish Nature
- High Horsepower
- Supercell Slam
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
For a while, I thought Great Tusk had fallen off, as I have mostly been using Lando-T. But nah, Tusk is still the goat. Serves as the team's secondary physical attacker, spinner, and Kingambit check. Shoutout to georgieisthefirst for the Taunt Tusk set since that was real nice vs Gliscor in the 1v1, though it is a bit scrapped for slots. Bulk Up defensive Tusk is nice for Gouging and Gambit but loses extremely badly to Gliscor unfortunately. I have mostly been running Tera Water for Gouging Fire, which I greatly struggle with.

:SV/Iron Moth:
Larper (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 120 HP / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
Another forgotten titan that rounds out my FWG core. Serves as a nice late game cleaner + speed control, especially vs HO Builds where it is often the MVP. Its very potent vs sun which is everywhere right now, and has some nice defensive utility vs Fairy-types, Pult, etc. Unfortunately, it is not the strongest starting off, and it is yet another mon reliant on RNG procs to go its way when spamming substitute. Tera Ghost is to cheese past Seismic Toss Blissey with Fiery Dance Spam + Crits.

:Clodsire::ting-Lu::Blissey::Slowking-Galar::Toxapex:
Cores of special walls are extremely difficult for this team to deal with, given its specially based focus. Tera Steel Manaphy can typically cheese past Gking, but not gking paired with blissey for example. In particular, Clodsire is a problematic match-up due to its ability to poison everyone. Its particularly annoying vs the Clefable variant of this team. In long games, these special walls will often win due to the fragility of my physical breakers.
:Gliscor:
Cancer to deal with and take out in certain positions, espicially when pairs with mons my physical breakers cannot take out such as Skarmory. Wins the long game and will eventually just spam spikes vs this squad. Is especially lethal vs the Clef variant of this team.
:Kingambit:
My counterplay is spamming Sub + Hoping for Para lmao. Bulk Up Great Tusk does fine vs him, as does normal Tusk, but where there's a Gambit, there's a way. Fast Black Glasses is particularly scary, since Tera Clef will be bleeding health from Kowtow spam, rather than debatably winning because of ParaHax.
:Gouging Fire::Raging Bolt:
Dealing with these two is a nightmare. I have some fake checks, but nothing concrete. Vs Gouging Fire Sun, you can try to position Iron moth correctly, but its still an uphill battle. The Standard DD Variant on non-sun is vulnerable to paraspam tactics and Unaware Clef... somewhat... Raging Bolt creates a lot of 50 / 50s, is difficult to take down & has very high damage output. Great Tusk + Clefable don't really handle it well at all.
:Gholdengo::Dragapult:
Dealing with Dragapult is incredibly difficult. I do not have many switch-ins to its specs set, and Dragapult's own status spamming tactics are effective vs this squad + it completely counters Manaphy's sub spam. I haven't seen many Gholdengos, but my checks to it are too offensive in nature and it thwarts my para spammers very freely.

Overall, I'd greatly appreciate any feedback to help take this team to the next level. I think the potential may be there - I just need to make the right tweaks to craft the perfect squad with Duraludon.

Last edited:
Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good.
Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned.

Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
"Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good.
Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned."
Almost nobody's gonna SERIOUSLY agree on that. Probably only as a joke. Nice team tho.

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
"Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good.
Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned."
Almost nobody's gonna agree on that. Nice team tho.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Ayyo I played this team a billion times in the ladder lol. Btw op team. I like how Archaludon's child is performing after it's father was banned. Feeling nice to see duraludon perform so well in ladder :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)