Dueling the Enemy of Myself [An OU Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, this here is my first warstory, and though it isn't as good as say "Assumptions and Bluffs" in the archive, I believe this battle was quite good. However, this is almost designed as a sort of comical read, with a good battle thrown in. Enjoy!

So I was laddering one day, my team was experiencing what I know as the "waning period", where my team loses battles left and right. I was about to give up, when I fought this battler that I shall name Private Enemy [I haven't bothered to ask permission to use his name yet]. We had a close battle which I won. Spurred on by this victory, I click the Battle button again, only to find that Private Enemy was my opponent once again.

Here was my team:

I posted his team down at the bottom, if you want to see his team as they come.

So, Let the Battle Begin!

Rules:
Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Soul Dew Clause

My moves will be in Blue
Public Enemy's moves will be in Red
Player comments will be in Purple
Score count will be in Orange
The comments for the battle will be italicized

Leftovers and Life Orb will be stated during the first instance, then omitted.

Maxim_6 sent out Empoleon (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).
Private Enemy sent out Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!

Maxim_6: same person, new team
Maxim_6: uh oh
Private Enemy: lol

100% -
100%

The battle starts, and to my surprise and dismay, he opts for a different team than he did last time. This could potentially mean that he can expertly predict my switch ins and quite possibly ream me. I've never seen a Zapdos lead before, I do know what kind of arsenal Zapdos usually has for this kind of set, such as Agility. Regardless, I do know my safest switch in is Electivire, as most of it's moves do either neutral damage, or if I'm really lucky, he might try to use Thunderbolt on me. Even so, I highly doubt this outcome, as he has seen the team before

Maxim_6 switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire ?).
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Electivire's Motor Drive increased its speed!

100% + Motor Drive -
100%
Well, that could have gone better for Private Enemy. Now my Electivire has a speed boost with which I can use to sweep most of his team [assuming something bad doesn't happen, which is extremely likely].

I am rather curious as to why he did this though, looking back I realized that it could be one of two things.

1. He forgot I had an Electivire
2. He thought I had a different team entirely

I'm running a mixed Electivire, so I'll nail it with HP Ice to damage it for super effective damage, and if he switches, hopefully damage the next comer for at least neutral damage.

Electivire used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Zapdos lost 47% of its health.

Zapdos used U-turn.
Electivire lost 23% of its health.
Private Enemy switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
77% [Motor Drive] -
100%
And so he decides to try to scout me in case I switch, but in so doing, the electric bird takes a powerful hit from Electivire. However, the electric yeti is now staring at a mud fish that couldn't care less what I do to it. I'm not carrying HP Grass, so all of Electivire's moves do little to the tank known as Swampert. So I switch to Latias to dodge the likely Earthquake, as Swampert doesn't have anything else to hit Vire with right?

Maxim_6 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
100% -
100%
Wrong.

Even though I don't have very many SR weak pokes, the residual damage will add up eventually, especially since I like to switch a lot to counter the threats that my team faces. It's essential to my strategy. I decide to Surf since it's the only viable move in Latias's arsenal that will do decent damage to Swampert. It also has Draco Meteor and Thunderbolt but at the moment, those two moves are a bad idea. Thunderbolt is obviously not going to do much of anything, and Draco Meteor could leave me suceptible to being walled.

Private Enemy switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Latias used Surf.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Latias lost 10% of its health.

Blissey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.
90% -
94%
Ugh, I despise Blissey, and how well it walls all attacks short of a Close Combat, Cross Chop, or other uber powerful physical [preferably fighting] move. Let's see, most Blissey know Thunder Wave, because of the many sweepers which dot the metagame, which could otherwise dominate a stall team like this one appears to be. Thunder Wave would be devastating to my sweepers, but he knows I have an Electivire in the wings and is not likely to use Thunder Wave, but rather he will use Wish or something, so I'll switch to Scizor to get the upper hand.

Maxim_6 switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.

Blissey used Thunder Wave.
Scizor is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
88% -
100%

Oh crap, he saw through my plans and decided to use Thunder Wave anyway. That definately derailed Scizor's sweep a lot. That's okay to an extent though, as Scizor has priority with Bullet Punch to nullify the problems with paralyzation, I mull through my options, I could U-Turn, but it would probably do laughable damage despite Choice Band, and it could give him an open window to paralyze one of my other pokes, there's Bullet Punch, but I don't think that would be enough to get rid of it, finally, Pursuit would do little damage unless Blissey switches, I decide to decimate that pink blob before I start having problems.

Maxim_6: wha...you were supposed to predict an Electivire switch, lol
Private Enemy switched in Regirock (lvl 100 Regirock).
Scizor used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Regirock lost 67% of its health.
Scizor's attack was lowered.
Scizor's defence was lowered.

Regirock's leftovers restored its health a little!
Regirock restored 6% of its health.
88% [-1 Atk, -1 Def]-
33%
Apparently, the term "poker face" was never one I got into.

I'm not really sure why Regirock came out, perhaps he expected U-Turn? It would make sense, as Rock resists Bug, and that is what Scizor is traditionally used for [or overused for]. Still, Regirock is unpredictable to me, and if it carries Fire Punch, Scizor is not going to like it at all. I do not want to switch because again, I don't know what moves they usually carry [aside from Rock Slide]. Anyway, I may as well finish it off with another superpower, as Scizor carries a Choice Band.

Private Enemy: forgot you had it
Regirock used Seismic Toss.
Scizor lost 29% of its health.

Scizor used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Regirock lost 39% of its health.

overlord of ants's Regirock fainted.
Scizor's attack was lowered.
Scizor's defence was lowered.

6-5 Maxim
59% [-2 Atk, -2 Def] -
Faint

First blood is drawn as Scizor musters his strength and destroys ol' Rocky with a powerful move.

He forgot that I had Electivire? Perhaps he forgot my whole team in that instance. That would definately level the playing field. Ah well, it worked out for him anyway. It allowed him to paralyze one of my hardest hitters, so now it's pretty much limited to Bullet Punching, which could still fail because of parahax. Now I'm left wondering what he's going to try next to destroy me.

Maxim_6: oh
59% [-2 Atk, -2 Def]
-
100%
The weakened Scizor is suddenly come upon by the mud fish Swampert. I know Swampert is usually run as a sturdy tank, with Stealth Rock and Roar to boot. He could be considered a more offensive Skarmory. I'll switch Empoleon in to set up SR on him, not to mention Grass Knot him. After all, what damage could Swampert do to Empoleon anyway?

Maxim_6 switched in Empoleon (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Empoleon.
Empoleon lost 6% of its health.

Swampert used Hydro Pump.
It's not very effective...
Empoleon lost 18% of its health.
76% -
100%
Ouch, that did a decent amount of damage to Empoleon. Aren't most Swampert rather weak, since most put all the ev's into defenses? He must have put some Sp. Atk ev's on it to power up Hydro Pump for just such an occasion. Now to set up my rocks to pester him. Hopefully, It'll prevent him from switching Blissey in every two seconds to wall my many special sweepers. Quite frankly, I only have two dedicated physical sweepers, with one mixed sweeper. That could be a problem down the road, but I press on anyway.

Empoleon used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
76%
-
100%

This seems familiar doesn't it?

The plan goes off without a hitch, but in hindsight, that probably wasn't a good plan, as Swampert could have easily EQ'd and done away with Empoleon. Leaving my offensive without a solid answer to Swampert. Last time Blissey came out my answer was paralyzed, which isn't that bad to Scizor, but spells doom for everything else. Ah well, time to absorb the upcoming Twave with Electivire and derail his main plans.

Pointed stones dug into Electivire.
Electivire lost 12% of its health.

Blissey used Seismic Toss.
Electivire lost 34% of its health.
31%
-
100%

Public Enemy is apparently quite good at picking the move I least expect. Seismic Toss did quite the number to Electivire, one more, and he's history. Obviously, he's not going to fall for Electivire's antics anymore.

I am very, very tired of seeing this thing mess with me, threatening to paralyze my sweepers or perhaps wall the entire team, so it's time to Cross Chop it to end it's plague. However, doesn't he have a Swampert that walled him last time.

Maxim_6: dang it, lol
Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Swampert lost 6% of its health.

Electivire used Cross Chop.
Swampert lost 18% of its health.
Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!
Swampert restored 6% of its health.
31% -
82%
Ok, this SwampBliss combo is getting on my nerves. It seems to be functioning a lot like Skarm Bliss, only Swampert has more power behind it's attacks. Sadly, Electivire doesn't have HP Grass to deal with it, but I don't want him using EQ either to suprise my normal Swampert counter, Empoleon. Empoleon can use Grass Knot to finish it if it can get in. I eventually decide to switch to Scizor and scout it to be absolutely safe.

Swampert used Roar.
Maxim_6 switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Pointed stones dug into Magnezone.
Magnezone lost 6% of its health.
94% -
82%
Hmm, so he decides to phaze me this turn instead of the predicted Earthquake, I may as well switch out to Empoleon now to deal with it with Grass Knot [why didn't I do that in the first place?]. According to my calculations [which are to say, none], Grass Knot should OHKO it. It's a perfect plan. Still, I can't help but have a very bad feeling about this...

Swampert used Roar.

---
Electivire used Hidden Power.
Swampert lost 21% of its health.

Swampert used Roar.
Maxim_6 switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Swampert's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.

---
Salamence used Outrage.
Salamence went on a rampage!
Swampert lost 59% of its health.
Salamence lost 10% of its health.
Swampert used Roar.

7% -
26%
Oh come on! I'm getting tired of all this phazing, I go into a sort of blind rage where the only thing I can think of is ridding my team of Swampert via really strong attacks. So far, this Stealth Rock was damaging my team beyond repair, so I decide to nail him with a nice, solid, STAB Thunderbolt, little realizing the concequences that it would entail.

Electivire used Thunderbolt.
It doesn't affect Swampert...

Swampert used Roar.
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
78% -
32%
Whoops.

In my blind rage, I temporarily forgot about Swampert's Ground typing, and Swampert remarks "Hah, I didn't even feel that one!". And so, Swampert continues phazing, and Latias, the dragon that's supposed to be Uber, comes out to say hello. Sadly, that means that Electivire is alive but dead, as I have no rapid spinner and the rocks do more than enough damage to destroy Electivire in one shot. Still half induced by rage, I decide to overkill it with Draco Meteor for causing me so many problems.

Maxim_6: misclick..
Latias used Draco Meteor.
A critical hit!
Swampert lost 33% of its health.
Private Enemy's Swampert fainted.
Latias's special attack was harshly lowered.

6-4 Maxim

69% [-2 Sp. Atk] -
Faint
Ok, that's over, unfortunately, to say that my team was hit hard by it is an understatement. It did it's job of walling my pokemon and doling out residual damage in spades. Not to mention annoying the crap out of me. I suppose it was my fault though, as that had happened before. What will come out now I wonder?

Pointed stones dug into Blissey.

Scizor lost 29% of its health.
18% -
94%
Gasp, he pulled out Blissey! What a shock!

Sarcasm aside, I really despise this thing, so I'll use my priority abusing Bullet Punch before something bad happens later in the game. It could come in and destroy my sweepers with a good dose of paralyzing. In particular Salamence, who relies on speed to not get reamed. Luckily, at this point, Bullet Punch should do some major damage to that pink blub, allowing Latias or perhaps Magnezone to finish it off for good.

Scizor is paralysed! It can't move!
Scizor lost 5% of its health.
Maxim_6's Scizor fainted.

5-4 Maxim
Faint -
100%
Hax makes a late, but crucial entrance, as Scizor succumbs to Blissey's Seismic Tosses. Now I'm in trouble, as my last pure Physical poke is Salamence, who is not known for liking SR. Even so, Blissey cannot do much to Mence except paralyze him, which considering the number of bulky pokes he's running, shouldn't be a problem.
However, it's my best chance right now to get in Mence and, hopefully, start gaining some momentum.

Maxim_6 switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's intimidate cut Blissey's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.

Private Enemy switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).

Salamence used Dragon Dance.
Salamence's attack was raised.
Salamence's speed was raised.
40% -
88%
Salamence grooves to the beat, and it's met with one of the best priority users in the game, Scizor. Salamence absolutely despises priority, especially from Scizor. I probably shouldn't have done that though, as Blissey could have paralyzed him and it would have been a problem if he had used some fast sweepers along with his stalling mates. I decided that I needed to sacrifice Salamence for a free switch in.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Salamence lost 40% of its health.
Maxim_6's Salamence fainted.

4-4 tie
Faint
-
88%
The sacrifice is complete. However, hindsight immediately kicks in and I realize I just got rid of my only Blissey counter D:. Now I have to rely on Electivire to destroy it, who could be stopped cold by a well predicted Seismic Toss. Thankfully, Cross Chop should OHKO Blissey. If you haven't figured it out now, I have the noobish tendancy to do stupid things like this. Anyway, time to switch in Electivire to attack it after all Flamethrower should burn it to a crisp.

Electivire lost 6% of its health.
Maxim_6's Electivire fainted.

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Magnezone lost 15% of its health.

Magnezone used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 88% of its health.
Private Enemy's Scizor fainted.

3-3 tie
73% -
Faint

Yipe.

Now, I'm stuck up a creek without a paddle, as all my pokes with physical moves are gone. All my other Pokemon have either support or special moves. So now Blissey will have it's way with me, once it comes out, twaving my sweepers, stalling them out, and nailing them with Seismic Toss. From the looks of things, I lose.

Private Enemy switched in Zapdos (lvl 100 Zapdos).
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.
Zapdos lost 25% of its health.
73% -
28%
So his Zapdos wants to play eh? Well, Magnezone doesn't like the Heat Wave they commonly carry. But then I have an idea, my Magnezone packs a special move that can win the battle, but only if it comes out at the right time. As such, I send in Latias to get rid of it. If all goes well, I should easily win this game.

Zapdos used Heat Wave.
Latias lost 13% of its health.

Zapdos's leftovers restored its health a little!
Zapdos restored 6% of its health.
44% -
34%
Latias shrugs off the damage and is ready to combat Zapdos. Let's see, I could recover, but then Blissey switches in for free, the Tbolt and Surf are not so good against Zapdos. Now I unleash the devastating power of Draco Meteor.

Zapdos lost 34% of its health.
Private Enemy's Zapdos fainted.

3-2 Maxim
34% [-2 Sp. Atk] -
Faint
Private Enemy sends off his electric bird to it's doom, and I retake the lead, sort of. Blissey is still a very big problem, if my plan fails, I'm toast. Now what could he possibly send out now?

Pointed stones dug into Blissey.

Magnezone lost 35% of its health.
32% -
88%
Excellent, my plan is working perfectly so far, now to use Magnezone's special move to win me this game. However, if Private Enemy switches, I'm dead.

Magnezone used Explosion.
Blissey lost 71% of its health.
Maxim_6's Magnezone fainted.

But there was no target!

2-2 tie
Faint -
17%
Not the OHKO I was looking for, but that's good enough for me, now to finish it off with Latias.

Blissey lost 29% of its health.
Private Enemy's Blissey fainted.

2-1 Maxim
12% [-2 Sp. Atk] -
Faint
[Yay!]
Well, that was close, however, if he pulls out another wall with decent Sp. Defence, I'm screwed.

Private Enemy switched in Sceptile (lvl 100 Sceptile ?).
Pointed stones dug into Sceptile.
Sceptile lost 12% of its health.
12% [-2 Sp. Atk] -
88%
Oh no. This is quite possibly one of the worst scenarios possible, It will probably outspeed Latias, ko it with leaf blade, then Empoleon has no moves that do even neutral damage to it. I'm in trouble.

Sceptile used Substitute.
Sceptile lost 25% of its health.
Sceptile made a substitute!

A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Sceptile!
Sceptile's substitute faded!

Sceptile's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sceptile restored 6% of its health.
2% [-4 Sp. Atk] -
69%
A Sub-Seeder? Interesting. Latias is still dead though, so I issue her the order to try and send one last meteor at it, but I know it's futile.

Sceptile used Energy Ball.
A critical hit!
Latias lost 10% of its health.
Maxim_6's Latias fainted.

1-1 tie
Faint -
75%
It's down to the wire now, I have an extremely slim chance of victory, but luckily I have the best anti-lead ever on my side.

94% -
75%
Well, I've pretty much lost this thing, I believe most Sceptile carry a good fighting type move to destroy steels. Good Game Private Enemy.

Highlight to find the result

Sceptile used Substitute.
Sceptile lost 25% of its health.
Sceptile made a substitute!
Empoleon used Hydro Pump.
The substitute took damage for Sceptile!
Sceptile's substitute faded!
---
Sceptile used Leech Seed.
Sceptile's attack missed!
Sceptile lost 44% of its health.
---
Sceptile used Energy Ball.
Empoleon lost 38% of its health.
Sceptile lost 19% of its health.
Private Enemy's Sceptile fainted!
Maxim_6 wins!
Private Enemy: gg
Maxim_6: gg

All of a sudden, I was glad I put that Wide Lens on Empoleon.

And so the match comes to a close. It was a very entertaining battle, full of slops and victories. Despite Private Enemy not ever getting the lead, he still put up one heck of a fight for it.

Props:
  • Private Enemy for being such a great opponent.
  • Magnezone for saving my hide from Blissey.
  • Empoleon for pulling out the win.
  • Swampert for phazing my team almost to submission.
  • Blissey for walling my team excellently.
  • Electivire for getting me off to a good start.
  • Hax for not showing up hardly at all.
Slops:
  • The numerous silly mistakes we both made.
  • Scizor for getting paralyzed at an inopportune time.
  • Regirock for doing almost nothing.
  • Electivire for trying to Tbolt a Swampert.
  • Sceptile, for trying to use substitute one too many times.
  • Leech Seed for missing.
I hope you enjoyed this read. This is my first warstory, so I know it isn't the best.

For those of you who wanted a sneak peak, here's Private Enemy's team:

Oh, and by the way, if I broke any rules or anything like that, please let me know so that I can fix it. If you need, I can also tone down the colors.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The comments were lacking pretty much everywhere, the match wasn't really that great. Next time, it would be better to choose a better game to warstory and make the comments a lot better. Look at the archived warstories to see the length comments should be.

Noted.

I suppose I should try to improve the comments.

Better luck next time I suppose.

Aw screw it, Looks like I'll have to try again sometime. Next time, I'll be sure not to make the same mistakes [I'll probably make new ones, but meh].

Let this be a lesson for warstory hopefuls I suppose. Never impulsively make a warstory.

Requesting Lockdown.

Not a great warstory. I'm going to nitpick some stuff.

I mull through my options, I could U-Turn, but it would probably do laughable damage despite Choice Band, and it could give him an open window to paralyze one of my other pokes
If you had U-Turned, your slower Scizor would have taken the hit, done like 40%, and switched in [insert powerful physical sweeper here] to finish off Blissey.

It would make sense, as Rock resists Bug, and that is what Scizor is traditionally used for [or overused for]
Rock doesn't resist bug, its just that Regirock is a physical tank anyways.

After all, what damage could Swampert do to Empoleon anyway?
Answer: EQ. Many Swampert carry only Ice Beam + EQ, so its obvious which one Pert would use against Scizor.

Electivire sucks, and that end game was played extremely badly for him.

I don't know who came up with the idea of the "highlight to see the end" or who spread it as a "good" idea but it is one of my biggest pet-peeves when reading warstories.

In my opinion, the story itself should be the buildup without needing an extra & annoying "boost".

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
The warstory was lacking with some minor mistakes

Minor nitpick:last time i checked, life orb dosen`t activate on substitute

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Does anyone else think the whole "highlight to find the end" thing is getting old?

Also yeah, expand on your comments maybe, but the main thing is warstory a better battle

I don't know who came up with the idea of the "highlight to see the end" or who spread it as a "good" idea but it is one of my biggest pet-peeves when reading warstories.

In my opinion, the story itself should be the buildup without needing an extra & annoying "boost".
The first one to use the idea was... a story by Articanus, I think. It's in the archive and ends with something like this:

1-1
Heracross used Megahorn!
Heracross's attack missed!
The opponent pwned Heracross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)