Anything Goes Dual screens with DD Gyarados & Gallade

:sv/grimmsnarl: :sv/gallade: :sv/blissey: :sv/gyarados: :sv/miraidon: :sv/skeledirge:

I've managed to get to top 500 with this team, with the account Drifting Snow. I do want to end up in the top 10, though, so help is much appreciated. The aim is to let Grimm set up screens, Parting Shot out and switch to either Gyarados or Gallade, and set up. With Gyara's Intimidate, Parting Shot, and Reflect, opposing attackers can be quite crippled, giving the perfect opportunity.

:grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
My screen setter. Light Clay gives Light Screen and Reflect extra turns, Prankster gives them priority, and tera type is for Flame Charge Koraidon, which I have a bit of a problem with. But I never really tera it, so anyways... EVs are max HP and SpD, giving it bulk against Miraidon. Since Grimm is my lead, Taunt is useful for preventing hazards, which are usually set up at the start, and I have no hazard control. Parting Shot is for pivoting and generally providing an opportunity for Gallade/Gyara to switch in.

:gallade:
Gallade @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
Gallade has good Atk but mediocre Speed, which can be boosted by Agility. Hence, Double Dance, as mentioned in the title. I don't use Swords Dance much, but if an opportunity is presented, can be devastating. Focus Sash is for living a hit and getting Agility in, as Gallade is quite frail, and slower than common mons like Great Tusk. It also works as an emergancy stop against sweeps. Sharpness is its best ability, giving Psycho Cut a BP of 105. Tera Normal is for Ghost moves, namely Annihilape's Rage Fist and Houndstone's Shadow Sneak and Last Respects. EVs and Nature are max Atk and Spe, with Adamant boosting Atk even more. CC is a very high power move, and since Gallade is likely to be on 1HP from the Sash, doesn't mind the defense drop. Gallade is also a good stallbreaker, with mons like Clod and Pex weak to Psychic and slow, which doesn't require Agility and can instead use Swords Dance.

:blissey:
Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
Blissey is my check against Miraidon and generally any special attacker, and under screens can be hard to kill. Boots is for hazards not chipping it, which is vital for a team with no Spinner or Defogger. It makes up the SpD mon for my team. Really, this thing was just taken out of a sample set, with max SpD EVs and Nature. Seismic Toss is for damage, TWave is for paralyzing stuff, especially faster mons like Espathra. Stealth Rock is a hazard, Soft-Boiled for healing. Tera Ghost is cause Bliss is weak to Fighting, but again, I never tera it.

:gyarados:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Substitute
Gyarados is a useful Intimidator for physical attackers such as Koraidon, Palafin and Chien-Pao. Leftovers is for passive recovery, and tera Ground is for resisting its biggest weakness, Electric. The Spe EVs are modded so at +1, Gyara outspeeds the dragons, Flutter, and Chien-Pao, which all have 405 max Spe. The rest are lumped into Def, since I tend to struggle a little with Chien-P. Dragon Dance is a very useful setup move which boosts Gyara's Speed and Atk at the same time. EQ is nice against Electric-types like Miraidon. Waterfall is the main STAB attack. Sub is nice for blocking Will-o-Wisp and TWave.

:miraidon:
Miraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
Miraidon is speed control. Tera Steel covers quite a few of Mirai's weaknesses, namely Fairy, Ice, and Dragon, and the EVs are max SpA and Spe. The rest are standard Miraidon moves, Electro Drift being 130 BP after Electric Terrain, Draco Meteor a strong Dragon attack, Overheat being coverage against Steels like Corv and Treads, Volt Switch a way to pivot and do damage unlike the actual sample U-Turn.

:skeledirge:
Skeledirge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar
- Slack Off
I needed something physically defensive, so I slapped on a Skeledirge. This thing is quite bulky, and with Will-o-Wisp can render physical attackers practically useless. Boots is for immunity against hazards, again cause no hazard control. Tera Fairy is good against Dragon-types, and is generally a defensive type. The EVs are max HP and Def. Bold increases Defense. Torch Song is Dirge's signature move and can be boosted to very high levels. Roar is a variation I enjoy, against Baton Passers and Espathra. Slack Off is healing.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e01e39156c74a54c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)