SV UU Dual Screens HO ft. Ashgren at home, peaked top 30

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
:grimmsnarl::zapdos-galar::hydreigon::greninja::scizor::moltres-galar:

This is kind of a generic HO with a bit of heat, gapdos functions as the cleaner usually but the team roles are pretty flexible.

I don't actually have a proof of peak so you'll just have to take my word cuz I kinda tilted and fell down a ton

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

This is the standard dual screens grimmsnarl, I tried spirit break but this just felt the most consistent. It's also the de facto lead and gets up dual screens against most stuff. Taunt stops stuff like tink encore, breloom spore, and also mons like scizor and quaquaval trying to set up on you. Tera Steel exists I guess, I have never clicked the tera button on grimm but it's not like there's a better tera to use. There isn't really much to explain here.

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderous Kick/Stomping Tantrum
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird

Zapdos-Galar is often the cleaner of the team. CC and BB are strong stabs that nuke most the meta, U-turn keeps up momentum and OHKOs meow (not like it had trouble with that). Thunderous kick is the preferred last move due to breaking quag and doing significant damage to stuff like muk-a and kleavor that the rest of the team doesnt want to take on. Stomping tantrum is a move that exists and can midground tink/dirge or something. I led gapdos into anyone who uses meow because all the degenerate meow spammers always lead it. Tera fire allows you to take fairy moves and be immune to dirge willo but you rarely use tera on gapdos anyways.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Ground/Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Hydreigon acts as a wallbreaker that helps with certain mons that the rest of the team are weak to. I went with 4 attacks because at first I had rocks but I found myself rarely clicking them due to needing to keep up offensive momentum. Dual stab nukes most stuff, earth power hits tink hoodra and muk-a, and flash cannon helps a ton for the random tera fairys on stuff like slowking. Tera ground or steel boost the output of coverage moves and get rid of the 4x weakness to fairy. I typically wouldn't lead this but you can click the nuke button turn 1 for funsies.

Greninja-Bond (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Greninja is one of the main sweepers of the team. I went with surf over hydro pump because missing pumps in the middle of a sweep is awful. Grass knot hits quag and allows you to midground between stuff like slowking, hippo teraing vs not, and opposing greninjas. Dark pulse is the strongest neutral move vs goodra h and lets you flinch cheese through soft checks, as well as hitting slowking for relevant damage. Ice beam hits dragons and fliers. Tera water lets you hit surf targets for significantly more damage and be neutral to breloom mach punch. You typically want to get this up behind screens if the opponent has an arcH due to cb arcH espeed doing 70 and even more with adamant.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Trailblaze
- Thief

This is the heat you've all been waiting for. 16 speed allows you to outspeed skeledirge even with 4 EVs in speed, tera fire lets you resist torch song and be immune to burn including flame body from the rare talonflames and moltres. Thief 2HKOs spdef dirge and does 40% to physdef, and lets you steal items in clutch moments. Muk knocked off your lefties? Steal them back from an opposing scizor! Trailblaze hits water types and ground types, notably doing enough to max max physdef quag to where you almost always 2HKO with trailblaze into thief/BP if they tera in between and don't have lefties. It also lets you speed boost to outspeed potential revenge killers like basculegion or quaq post tera. BP and trailblaze deal super effective damage to both likely dirge teras, being fairy and water, and you can click SD or trailblaze to scout for a tera depending on the bulkiness of the opposing team, as+4 BP OHKOs pretty much every single non resist in the tier other than bulky grounds. I used lefties over orb because my sweeper that sticks around for 10 turns messing around does not need to kill itself

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
Tera Type: Fire/Ground
Timid/Modest Nature
- Air Slash /Tera Blast
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane

Last but not least, goltres. I went with timid to outspeed jolly +2 duck after an agility but modest works if you want more damage. Most attacks, even super effective ones, bounce off goltres behind screens and let you get your weakness policy activated. +2 fiery wrath 2HKOs every single nonresist except for AV goodra h, and hurricane lets you OHKO more stuff, even AV bike. Air slash hits flying-weak dark-resists, such as meow and the quartet of grass fightings, while not being the same accuracy as focus miss. Alternatively, tera fire or ground tera blast can help you with tink and bisharp but I prefer using tera on something else in most cases (read: scizor).

Matchup threats:
Brick break bisharp is a bitch to deal with, I would go gapdos to scare it out and pivot to gren or hydreigon which can deal with it better, but goltres can hax through it too.
Iron hands is supposed to be banned but for some reason its still legal? Trailblaze on sciz 2HKOs it at +2, grimm can get up screens and taunt in front of it, or you can just call them a dirty cheater for using a banned mon.
Kleavor does a ton of damage to everything, best bet would be to either lead hydra and nuke it, lead gapdos and click thund kick, or sacrifice some health on scizor to get rid of it (50% scizor cannot pull off a sweep).
Iron defense enamorus/goodra h - get grimm in, ideally before they reveal iron defense, and prevent setup and get screens, then scizor beats enam, hydra and gapdos beat goodra.
Mimikyu - This thing instantly stops a sweep, just break disguise with your first potential sweeper and OHKO it with the other one
Muk-A does a ton to hydra with drain punch and knocks the light clay off grimm, just pray that scizor or gapdos can break it, or if you get hydra in on a pjab and leave it at 10% then you can drop the nuke button without muk healing back to full.

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
So first of all a team without rocks is no team at all. I suggest scarf kleavor over gapdos. That Pokémon is just too good not to use on offense, especially with its unique ability to set rocks.

Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- X-Scissor
- Night Slash
- Close Combat

Another suggestion I have is using scream tail as a form of speed control. Your team is quite slow and I feel that even on screens a form of speed control is nice granted screens can run out.

Scream Tail @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast

My third and final suggestion is just change the hydreigon set to this. Works better against Skeledirge and can be very annoying late game.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Please tag me with any questions. There’s a lot of threats to explore on hyper offensive teams. They are a lot of fun to use. The main issue is breaking Skeledirge. Good luck!

Tree69420

早上好中国、现在我有bing chilling!
is a Tiering Contributor
So first of all a team without rocks is no team at all. I suggest scarf kleavor over gapdos. That Pokémon is just too good not to use on offense, especially with its unique ability to set rocks.

Kleavor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Stone Axe
- X-Scissor
- Night Slash
- Close Combat

Another suggestion I have is using scream tail as a form of speed control. Your team is quite slow and I feel that even on screens a form of speed control is nice granted screens can run out.

Scream Tail @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast

My third and final suggestion is just change the hydreigon set to this. Works better against Skeledirge and can be very annoying late game.

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Please tag me with any questions. There’s a lot of threats to explore on hyper offensive teams. They are a lot of fun to use. The main issue is breaking Skeledirge. Good luck!
I didn't think about kleavor I might try that.
That scream tail set seems super jank though and also I dont see how it helps with any of the weaknesses.
I tried subnp hydra before, it just gives up too much momentum and the team is already fine against dirge IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)