Agirudaa (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Death Gambit

This guy serves as my lead more often than not. The ability to lay down spikes, with his blistering speed, is nothing to laugh at. Bug Buzz provides a great STAB able to to put a dent into unsuspecting opponents. U-turn is basically the same deal and lets my spiker get out of harms way. However Death Gambit is just fantastic able to OHKO many other leads. This is escpeically effective against Blazikens where one can usually get a layer or two of spikes down before having to worry about Blaziken outspeeding or attacking them.

Urugamosu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Butterfly Dance
- Flame Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Typical Urugamosu, dance away and pound your foe into the ground with the fantastic dual stab of Bug Buzz and Flame Dance. The SAtk boost from Flame Dance makes this set up all the more sweeter. I opt to use HP Rock over ground as that way Urugamosu can still hit the things for SE damage that it can with ground (mostly) and still be able to hit Dragon/Flying types for SE damage as well.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I have Urugamosu so I need a rapid spinner. I figured Starmie can still play this niche just as well as he could last gen and so far I appear to be right. However this more a 'mixed role' Starmie as I really need the coverage BoltBeam offers. Seeing as this coverage is so needed, and I don't always get the amount of spikes I would like, I put expert belt on this guy to give the 'hmph' needed to score those critical KOs.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Hardy Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

I really needed a revenge killer and something able to hold off strong Attackers. Roobushin has been everything I asked for and more. Able to set up at least one bulk up with little effort this guy rips through unprepared teams like butter. Mach punch for priority, Drain Punch for sustainability. I have read a lot of recommendations saying Stone Edge > Payback but I rarely have flying types which into this guy as it always seems to be ghosts that want to tango. Given the frequency of this Pro Stone Edge stance I feel the previously mentioned trend will only increase with time, ironically, making payback a much better option.

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Rain is the devil. But you can't be them, take advantage of their strengths. Rain would destroy my team as revealed so far and I needed a dragon so Kingdra seemed like a natural fit. Draco Meteor is a good use of Kingdra SAtk usually used once due to the attack lowering his SAtk but seeing as it would otherwise go unused its a fair price to pay. Waterfall gives a physical STAB as does the infamous outrage. Essentially Kingdra makes like his mothra cousin and dances until everything around him dies. The the only problem I have with this guy is that he is almost always outspeed by Garchomp so if anyone has any suggestions on how to beat him that'd be appreciated.

Warubiaru (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

I fell in love with this guy (well his NFE form) and its ability the moment I saw them. Given my huge weakness to ghosts types I figured I might as well throw a scarf on him and watch as he sweeps gaining stronger after each attack. Earthquake, Crunch, and Pursuit provides STABS while Stone Edge is for hitting those pesky things EQ can't. (I've been thinking of switching SE for Rock Slide, thoughts?) Also this guy prevails over Tyranitar for this team as he is not weak to EQ and does not produce sand which could enable a certain mole to double his speed.

Thoughts?

Just real quick. You'll want to change the nature on Agirudaa so U-turn will do as much damage as possible and maybe allocate the 4 EVs to attack.

Just real quick. You'll want to change the nature on Agirudaa so U-turn will do as much damage as possible and maybe allocate the 4 EVs to attack.
Bad advice.

Agiruuda needs to be the fastest it can be to outspeed all other leads. And U-Turn isn't meant to do damage, it's there to scout. Bug buzz deals the damage.

Bad advice.

Agiruuda needs to be the fastest it can be to outspeed all other leads. And U-Turn isn't meant to do damage, it's there to scout. Bug buzz deals the damage.
Personally I think you still want U-turn to deal damage and you want speed so I think it should clearly, in my opinion, have a hasty or naive nature for speed and leaving both attacks untouched; it will lower on defene but hey what are focus sash's for? ;p

Hi! Why hardy nature on Roobpushin? I suggest switching over to Adamant.

Also try Life Orb on Starmie. It gives you a reliable power boost to score Ko's with.

Gl with your team!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Use guts on roob over iron fist. the boost iron fist gives is barely anything (1.2 iirc) and guts means random boil overs and WoW from Burungeru cant fuck you over.

Hardy Iron Fist Roopushin? Boy you are asking for trouble. Adamant and Guts at the least. I'll go to the grave saying Stone Edge is better than Payback, since it's strong enough to KO ghosts anyway.

use a careful nature on your roopushin so that it can survive special attacks and put 252hp evs , 200SpD evs and 50 atk

Agreeing with Plusle. Expert Belt doesn't really give a big enough oomph to starmie, try life orb instead. Improves Starmie's average SpA stat and abuses its great type coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)