SV OU Dragapult Screen HO

I am a loyal fan of Screen HO teams and I've been using them since gen6. In the new OU environment, I hope to continue the old idea of team building: suicide lead + screen setter + 4 * sweeper. For example, in gen7, :Linoone: can Belly Drum under the screen of :tapu koko: and then Extreme Speed. However, in gen9, I met some problem. Here's my team: https://pokepast.es/4048fa0c2c9f1662
:sv/Glimmora:
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Memento​
Suicide Lead of the team. Although can cast more kinds of hazards, its counter ability is quite limited, and also very afraid of Taunt and magic bounce PM like :Hatterene:. Compared with :Excadrill:, it can't guarantee that there are no harzards onmy field, nor can it deal any damage. Specifically, it is very afraid of :Great Tusk:. Tera Dark is to prevent Prankster.
:sv/Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts​
A regular screen setter. I have to use this since :tapu koko: haven't come to sv. Although as a Ghost type, it can prevent the opponent from using Rapid Spin, but it cannot prevent from using Defog without Taunt.
:sv/Volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain​
A regular sweeper. I can't decide whether it should be Tera Grass or Physics. The former can defeat :Dondozo: and have high recovery, while the latter can defeat :Clodsire:. In any case, it can't beat :Skeledirge:.
:sv/Espathra:
Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam​
This is a new member of my team, but I don't know how to use it. I think it is very destructive under the screen with several times of Calm Mind and Speed Boost, but I don't know how to allocate the EVs.
:sv/Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Crunch​
A fairly common set. I have no doubt about that.
:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head​
A very important member of my team, because it provides valuable Priority move. At the same time, its ability is also very matched with the team's pace of quickly exchange. Its basic durability is very high, so I don't want it to reduce any offensive ability because of Life Orb, so I give Black Glasses to it. It saved me in the end-game for several times.
Other Used but finally abandoned PMs:
:sv/Lycanroc:
Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Accelerock​
Not fast enough, and alo very difficult to exit.
:sv/Great Tusk: and :sv/Iron Treads:
The former is not fast enough, and sometimes it will die directly because it does not carry a Focus sash. The latter cannot learn Taunt. Both of them are hard to exit.
:sv/Maushold-Four:
Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Low Kick​
It has enough strength, but often dies of Rocky Helmet. Its skill can always help my opponents to remove hazards, thus not suitable for my team.
:sv/Chien-Pao:
Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword​
It's always a little short of knocking down the opposite side. If not Tera, it is difficult to find opportunities to use Swords Dance. Although has Priority move, it is not as good as :Roaring Moon: in general.

I hope you can make suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am a loyal fan of Screen HO teams and I've been using them since gen6. In the new OU environment, I hope to continue the old idea of team building: suicide lead + screen setter + 4 * sweeper. For example, in gen7, :Linoone: can Belly Drum under the screen of :tapu koko: and then Extreme Speed. However, in gen9, I met some problem. Here's my team: https://pokepast.es/4048fa0c2c9f1662
:sv/Glimmora:
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Memento​
Suicide Lead of the team. Although can cast more kinds of hazards, its counter ability is quite limited, and also very afraid of Taunt and magic bounce PM like :Hatterene:. Compared with :Excadrill:, it can't guarantee that there are no harzards onmy field, nor can it deal any damage. Specifically, it is very afraid of :Great Tusk:. Tera Dark is to prevent Prankster.
:sv/Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts​
A regular screen setter. I have to use this since :tapu koko: haven't come to sv. Although as a Ghost type, it can prevent the opponent from using Rapid Spin, but it cannot prevent from using Defog without Taunt.
:sv/Volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain​
A regular sweeper. I can't decide whether it should be Tera Grass or Physics. The former can defeat :Dondozo: and have high recovery, while the latter can defeat :Clodsire:. In any case, it can't beat :Skeledirge:.
:sv/Espathra:
Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fairy
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam​
This is a new member of my team, but I don't know how to use it. I think it is very destructive under the screen with several times of Calm Mind and Speed Boost, but I don't know how to allocate the EVs.
:sv/Roaring Moon:
Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Crunch​
A fairly common set. I have no doubt about that.
:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head​
A very important member of my team, because it provides valuable Priority move. At the same time, its ability is also very matched with the team's pace of quickly exchange. Its basic durability is very high, so I don't want it to reduce any offensive ability because of Life Orb, so I give Black Glasses to it. It saved me in the end-game for several times.
Other Used but finally abandoned PMs:
:sv/Lycanroc:
Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Accelerock​
Not fast enough, and alo very difficult to exit.
:sv/Great Tusk: and :sv/Iron Treads:
The former is not fast enough, and sometimes it will die directly because it does not carry a Focus sash. The latter cannot learn Taunt. Both of them are hard to exit.
:sv/Maushold-Four:
Maushold-Four @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Low Kick​
It has enough strength, but often dies of Rocky Helmet. Its skill can always help my opponents to remove hazards, thus not suitable for my team.
:sv/Chien-Pao:
Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Crunch
- Sacred Sword​
It's always a little short of knocking down the opposite side. If not Tera, it is difficult to find opportunities to use Swords Dance. Although has Priority move, it is not as good as :Roaring Moon: in general.

I hope you can make suggestions. Thanks in advance.
hey i you should replace :dragapult: dragapult with :grimmsnarl: grimmsnarl since it gets parting shot and it can prioritize taunt and screens, as for kingambit i suggest you invest full HP and give it the life orb item, with a fairy tera type, run tera grass with energy ball on your offensive volcarona since it is better for your team core and style, use Great tusk with a rather bulky offensive set using rapid spin bulk up headlong rush and knock off to kill incoming air ballon gholdengo's trying to spin block, make doggo's tera type rock, and glimmora flying, other than that, never use dragapult for screens and thats it, i like your team alot

Like the person above, I suggest replacing dragapult with grimmsnarl, as it is a much better screens setter. Also, although your team has many powerful sweepers, it is weak to some walls, specifically unaware walls. I would recommend specs Gholdengo over roaring moon, esparatha, or volcarona. Not only can Gholdengo provide a way to block hazard removal, it can also have immediate breaking power with make it rain.

hey i you should replace :dragapult: dragapult with :grimmsnarl: grimmsnarl since it gets parting shot and it can prioritize taunt and screens, as for kingambit i suggest you invest full HP and give it the life orb item, with a fairy tera type, run tera grass with energy ball on your offensive volcarona since it is better for your team core and style, use Great tusk with a rather bulky offensive set using rapid spin bulk up headlong rush and knock off to kill incoming air ballon gholdengo's trying to spin block, make doggo's tera type rock, and glimmora flying, other than that, never use dragapult for screens and thats it, i like your team alot
:grimmsnarl: is really a good choice, thanks.
However I don't think giving kingambit a lot of HP ev is a good choice. Its basic life is very high, so the marginal income is not high. At the same time, the speed of 188 allows it to stay ahead of 75 speed PMs without speed ev, instead of always guess whether to use sucker punch.

:grimmsnarl: is really a good choice, thanks.
However I don't think giving kingambit a lot of HP ev is a good choice. Its basic life is very high, so the marginal income is not high. At the same time, the speed of 188 allows it to stay ahead of 75 speed PMs without speed ev, instead of always guess whether to use sucker punch.
that's a very good way to think about Gambit, good for you! totally viable and you should keep running it, have a nice day!

Agree with the rest Grimmsnarl over Dragapult. Also I would say if you don't know how to run Espathra then don't. I think that gholdengo with specs or scarf is good to replace Espathra if you don't want to use it. I would say everything else is good. Good Job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)