SS UU Dracozolt Band

1581022239634.png
1581022267825.png
1581022250503.png
1581022290588.png
1581022305351.png
1581022314730.png

Introduction :

I decided to resume the underused, having built a bulky offense around Dracozolt, who wants to be able to play both on the offensive or defensive level. Especially because dracozolt forces 50/50 in the third.

Team :

1581021904228.png

Inteleon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- U-turn

Inteleon is the pokemon that brings the speed control that this rather slow team so badly needs. Its moovepool being quite limited, I opted for Scald as the last move to burn a pokemon on the switch, or already on the ground. Its access to U-turn allows to keep the momentum and to bring safe Dracozolt on the terrain.

1581021935952.png

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine is here the offensive lead of the team and checks it to Dracozolt so that he does not abuse his move. I play it LO to maximize its damage and put the Stealth Rock on an opposing switch or a defensive pokemon, it is quite sensitive to Corsola Galar which totally counter it, but it generally remains very effective as a lead, even if Weezing Galar can with levitate switch on it to immediately Defog.

1581021919738.png

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Swords Dance boosts Doublade's solid Attack stat, letting it act as a late-game sweeper when its checks are weakened. Despite its low speed, in the current meta, it is better with Iron Head to effectively hit Weezing Galar or any other direct threat, combined with Close Combat, to destroy Steel types such as Duraludon. Shadow Sneak helps alleviate Doublade's awful Speed stat, letting it take out weakened faster threats like Polteageist and Chandelure.

1581021947090.png
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Noivern assists team by acting as its primary form of entry hazard control and a breaker. Defog are used to remove hazards on the field and prevent foes from setting them up. Flamethrower is used to counter a doublade, and Hurricane to threaten with a stab move. Roost is used to maintain Noivern's health and creates opportunities to disrupt the foe later in the match. Heavy-Duty Boots is used to prevent damage taken upon entry from Stealth Rock so that Noivern can remove it for the team. It's also incredibly fast and naturally outspeeds most of the metagame, so foes will rarely disrupt Noivern from performing its roles.

1581021959129.png

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

I tested many sets, but the one that seemed to me the most effective is the Choice Band, which allows OHKO many threats and to maintain the pressure in front of the opponent. Alas, the meta quickly adapted, and is filled with Ground. Dracozolt, however, remains an excellent stallbreaker.

1581021971878.png

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Strange Steam
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp

I opted here for a more defensive-focused set, with Pain Split which offers him care and WoW. With as stab, Strange Steam which allows in addition to have access to a Fairy attack, offers a chance of confusing the opponent. And last move, Flamethrower to hit Doublade.
Inteleon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Dracozolt @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Strange Steam
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
Hiya Prof.Otaku, cool team based around CB Zolt being your wallbreaker of choice. I think it pairs really well with Doublade as it is able to wear down or remove the bulky Ground- and Water-types for it, despite both disliking Hippowdon, but you have accompanied for that well already. The main issue I had with your original team is that Chandelure is extremely problematic. Your current Weezing set basically lets it in for free every time and it then proceeds to click Specs Shadow Ball and claim something. This mainly boils down to you also lacking a Ghost resist/immunity or something remotely capable of at least pivoting into it, despite having ways to revenge kill it.

Major Changes

>
: Weavile gives you the needed Ghost resist but it keeps the Speed control intact for your team. Weavile pairs nicely with Zolt as they can pressure each other's checks to wear them down in range for one another. Weavile also helps deal with Noivern better, which is one the better responses to revenge killing Dracozolt. Weavile takes pressure off Doub having to deal with offensive Psychic-types like Reuni especially with your set being reliant on Shadow Sneak to do so. I'm going to suggest a LO set here given you wanted Zolt to be CB.

>
: With the team now having Weavile there isn't much reason to use Mamoswine as the rocker with Weavile providing a good check to Haxorus etc. with Ice Shard. I suggest using Rhyperior instead because it gives you a more consistent pivot into Noivern and opposing Dracozolt. Rhyp also has the bulk to better take on non-Energy Ball Chandelure something you can still struggle to pivot into. Swords Dance in the last slot stops Rhyperior from being overly passive and gives it a good amount of wallbreaking potential.

>
: While I liked Inteleon here I think Mantine is pretty necessary. I saw a user on ladder using this offensive Mantine set and is one I have since enjoyed using. The proposed set stops it being overly passive and giving up too much momentum on your team while still providing the defensive utility you appreciate and takes the pressure off Zolt being the Water pivot. With my current changes, you really dislike pivoting into Pokemon like Inteleon, Durant, Araquanid, and Golisopod etc. so Mantine fits perfectly here. Substitute + Metronome lets it sit on defensive Pokemon like Milotic and Umbreon and proceed to break with Scald + Hurricane, which is coverage not many things pivot into. Alternatively, you can use Air Slash > Hurricane for the accuracy and higher PP at the cost of some dmg output.

Minor Changes:

(Move Change): Fire Fang doesn't really hit anything noticeable that Earthquake and its STAB coverage doesn't already hit outside of Ferroseed, which is incredibly niche as it is anyways + Bolt Beak almost 2HKO's anyways. I suggest using Outrage for a stronger Dragon-type STAB that you can lock yourself into to potentially break Hippowdon and other bulkier Mons better if you need to. You can consider running a Jolly nature to be faster than Ada Mamo and Tsareena, the latter you can OHKO with Bolt Beak. It also stops you being slower than Frosmoth and I guess any potential Jolly Sirfetch'd but this is up to you.

(Optional): I don't think you need need to run a physically defensive set anymore with both Mantine, Rhyp, and Doub being able to alleviate its role of pivoting into some offensive threats. You have the option to use a more offensive set with 3 Atks at the cost of a slightly worse matchup against some of the tier's Fighting-types but gives you a better way to break opposing Weezing for example. Regardless Weezing has to become your new Defog user so I'll provide both an offensive and defensive set you can try out. The updated defensive set aims to give Weezing a way to at least punish both Doub and Chand.

<Click the Sprites for an Importable>
Some other options you can consider are running Choice Scarf Zolt if you feel uncomfortable with your Speed control and using Choice Band Weavile but from testing it has been fine. You can also consider using Heavy Slam on Rhyperior if you want more ways to punish Weezing better for example. Hopefully, these suggestions help and work out for you if you choose to give them a go. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Kickassin666

Banned deucer.
Just saying, i would rather continue using inteleon instead of mantine. Inteleon provides speed control but most importantly, it provides u turn.
Considering your team is based around dracozolt, just u turn on those milotic, umbreon switchins, and pick up a ko. But sure, if you want to use mantine, go ahead but i really feel its a bad partner to dracozolt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)