In Progress DPPt Sprites

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if PS could offer the option for people to use the DPPt sprites rather than the HGSS sprites when playing dpp on any server. I can imagine a popular response would be that only the latest version of the sprites from that generation would be used for consistency purposes however in the case of gen 4, there are substantial differences in the sprites where it makes a difference. This suggestion could even be extended for other generations so people could use rb sprites over rby sprites. At the end of the day, all of these online simulators are there to fulfill a childhood passion in pokemon so bringing back some of the nostalgia from the old Shoddy Battle days is not an outrageous nor an excessive request to make.

Thanks

pre

pkmn.cc
[22:22] Zarel: I'm ok with that if someone gives me the sprites
If someone is willing to provide the official sprites (in sizes that match the size of the sprites currently on PS for that generation) we can add a dropdown/some way that lets players opt-in to using those sprites during games.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
I'm aware that this is an old thread, but this (as in, providing sprites) is something I can easily do

Thing is, it's gonna take a lot of time, so I'd like to know if it's still relevant before actually doing it

edit: nevermind I just saw that most if not all of them are already available here: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/gen4dp/, sorry for the useless bump :psycry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)