Tournaments DPPPL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Art by Meganium1579

This thread is for manager signups. The hosts for DPP PL are Theia and Vertigo.

Please sign up using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
One of the Managers and Assistant Managers will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits each prior to the draft if they wish to do so. Managers will be chosen based on experience in DPP tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

The slots for this tournament are:

DPP Ubers
DPP Ubers + Farceus
DPP OU
DPP OU
DPP OU 2009 (Salamence + Dugtrio Allowed)
DPP UU
DPP UU
DPP NU
DPP PU
DPP LC

Manager Signups will close on Sunday, April 16th.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Manager: me!
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Name: Dave's Dragonites

Stone Cold and I are currently managing: SMPL, ADVPL, UUFPL, NPL and just finished CAPCL.

Dave has managed many DPP tours including SPL and WCoP. I also managed team Germany in WCoP once when DPP was still in the format. Dave and me are extremely familiar with the entire DPP playerbase and are excited to continue managing with DPP as the primary generation. Dave also won ROAPL in the DPP slot while going undefeated in the playoffs. I also have a good track record in DPP UU throughout multiple UU team tournaments, winning UUPL once as the DPP player for my team, going undefeated in the tier.

Last edited:
Manager: yours truly
Ass Man: Colteor
Team Name: Rockin' Regis

Our showing and participation in this tour last year hopefully merits an invite back, we both loved managing this team and we'd be thrilled to run it back this year. Even since then both Colt and I have had a variety of managing roles across other old-gen and side discord PLs, I'm confident we'll play up to and exceed last year's performance.

The Silk Sonic of DPPPL has returned.

1655340754259.png

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Manager: Lady Salamence
Assistant Manager: AndViet
Team Name: Sinjoh Ruin Shedinjas

The two of us would like to take a swing at running a team! While we've yet to manage, both of us have a fair amount of involvement in the community, both currently and back when DPP was current-gen - arguably we were more relevant then than now, but I think AndViet's broke through that. AndViet's been in and around RoA for a while, such as running the Winter Seasonal and the Global Championship for DPP, while I've recently gotten aboard in RoA while shaking off the retirement dust elsewhere in Draft League and keeping involved in the larger playbase for stuff like the Smogon Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Manager: Lady Salamence
Assistant Manager: AndViet
Team Name: Sinjoh Ruin Shedinjas

The two of us would like to take a swing at running a team! While we've yet to manage, both of us have a fair amount of involvement in the community, both currently and back when DPP was current-gen - arguably we were more relevant then than now, but I think AndViet's broke through that. AndViet's been in and around RoA for a while, such as running the Winter Seasonal for DPP, while I've recently gotten aboard in RoA while shaking off the retirement dust elsewhere in Draft League and keeping involved in the larger playbase for stuff like the Smogon Hall of Fame.
confirming :)

Manager: Fantos13
Assistant Manager: touc
Team Name: preferably taking over the Guardians or Emperors

I've started managing on smogon a few years back with Ubers Worlds - together with QWILY and we got Germany further than expected, after a lot of Discord tours I got the chance to be assman in the second to last GSCPL alongside Vani where we missed Playoffs by a single game. Leading up to last BWPL where my Team went undefeated into Finals, followed by this year's GSCPL Finals. Since DPP is my fav generation to build and play I am confident that I'll be able to draft and pilot a squad to victory. I have a lot of experience in Ubers, UU, PU and especially OU (+Mence thanks to BKCPL) and LC - While my NU is lacking I've also won ROA tours in it, so it's better than nothing.
touc is an incredible player and often my go-to sparring partner in OU, he is knowledgable of every tier and knows a good amount of stuff about the old metas. He's currently managing in NPL, the biggest german Discord league and has gathered a lot of experience in side tours.

Last edited:
Manager: ziloXX
Assistant Manager: ElectricityCat
Team Name: Froslass Frostbite

The two of us played a lot of DPP tours both in smogon and other forums, doing deep runs in many of these. We have also played different tiers of this gen in various tours from different communities so we have a good idea about the different tiers and not just OU.

Regarding experience as a Manager, I have participated in editions of GSC-BW PLs before, reaching playoffs in all of them. Electricitycat, for its part, has been manager of ORASPL, winning it in its two editions. To all this I can add a vast experience of both managing various teams in many side tours with a good success.

Last edited:

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: robjr
Team Name: TBD

I won SMPL, UPL and SCL as a manager and I am currently managing the second edition of SMPL. I also have a great knowledge of the Ubers/Farceus Ubers (reaching finals or the 2020 Farceus tour) playerbase but also the NU one (decent showing in NUSD / NUPL as a dpp starter). robjr is a very competent player who has played high stake games and has a high knowledge of the OU and UU playerbase.

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: Clementine
Team Name: Cobalt Coastland Camerupts

Although this will be my first time as a team manager, I have experience playing in previous team tours and can use my past leadership as examples to emulate what I believe is a good manager. I am currently a member of the draft community and help organize, and ensure the brackets proceed smoothly. My general tournament experience is playing in minor PLs and currently playing in ADVPL. We both have experience playing the tiers, playing both on smogon and community tournaments for multiple years with a high skillcap.

Clementine has managed several team tours within the French community as well as RBTT twice, to include winning once. General team tour experience includes playing in lower tier PLs and is currently playing in UUPL and NUPL.

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: Clementine
Team Name: Cobalt Coastland Camerupts

Although this will be my first time as a team manager, I have experience playing in previous team tours and can use my past leadership as examples to emulate what I believe is a good manager. I am currently a member of the draft community and help organize, and ensure the brackets proceed smoothly. My general tournament experience is playing in minor PLs and currently playing in ADVPL. We both have experience playing the tiers, playing both on smogon and community tournaments for multiple years with a high skillcap.

Clementine has managed several team tours within the French community as well as RBTT twice, to include winning once. General team tour experience includes playing in lower tier PLs and is currently playing in UUPL and NUPL.
oh hell yea, confirming
super excited for this

robjr

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RUPL Champion
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: robjr
Team Name: TBD

I won SMPL, UPL and SCL as a manager and I am currently managing the second edition of SMPL. I also have a great knowledge of the Ubers/Farceus Ubers (reaching finals or the 2020 Farceus tour) playerbase but also the NU one (decent showing in NUSD / NUPL as a dpp starter). robjr is a very competent player who has played high stake games and has a high knowledge of the OU and UU playerbase.
Confirming

Manager: Magician
Assistant Manager: byulharang
Team Name: Body Snatcher Bronzongs

This will be my first time officially managing for a smogon team tour but I am very credible knowing the playerbase of each individual tier and having a lot of experience in the tiers throughout this generation; currently in the top 8 of the DPP OU Seasonal, qualified for LC Classic playoffs last year with DPP LC, deep run in DPP Ubers Cup, and have gone positive in every pl I have been in.

Byulharang has managed for UWC, UWTT, made finals for UWL, and ghost-managed as a retain for UPL IX, won DPP Ubers Gold in ROA Olympics in back to back years, made finals of Ubers Open last year, puts positive records up throughout multiple team tournaments, and a overall good presence as management.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Expulso
Assistant manager: hariyana grande
Team name: Canalave City Clamperls

I have a lot of experience managing subforum team tours in the lower tiers — off the top of my head, I’ve managed 7 and made playoffs in 5. I’ve been playing more oldgens for a while now and would love to manage this tour! I have experience in DPP OU (made circuit finals, played in ROAPL), DPP UU (played in UUSD/last DPPPL), and DPP NU (have played or built in NU team tours for like 3-4 years). I played LC back when i first joined smogon too. I know all those playerbases and can build well in all of them but LC, which should be enough to run a successful team. I’d def research PU and Ubers as well.

My comanager hariyana grande is my Smogon bestie and will 100% keep the chat active (last year’s DPPPL Regis would agree). He’s also one of the best DPP UU players right now, with a 9-3 record in UU’s subforum tours.

Thanks for considering us!

Manager: Expulso
Assistant manager: hariyana grande
Team name: Canalave City Clamperls

I have a lot of experience managing subforum team tours in the lower tiers — off the top of my head, I’ve managed 7 and made playoffs in 5. I’ve been playing more oldgens for a while now and would love to manage this tour! I have experience in DPP OU (made circuit finals, played in ROAPL), DPP UU (played in UUSD/last DPPPL), and DPP NU (have played or built in NU team tours for like 3-4 years). I played LC back when i first joined smogon too. I know all those playerbases and can build well in all of them but LC, which should be enough to run a successful team. I’d def research PU and Ubers as well.

My comanager hariyana grande is my Smogon bestie and will 100% keep the chat active (last year’s DPPPL Regis would agree). He’s also one of the best DPP UU players right now, with a 9-3 record in UU’s subforum tours.

Thanks for considering us!
in

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Magician
Assistant Manager: byulharang
Team Name: Body Snatcher Bronzongs

This will be my first time officially managing for a smogon team tour but I am very credible knowing the playerbase of each individual tier and having a lot of experience in the tiers throughout this generation; currently in the top 8 of the DPP OU Seasonal, qualified for LC Classic playoffs last year with DPP LC, deep run in DPP Ubers Cup, and have gone positive in every pl I have been in.

Byulharang has managed for UWC & UWTT and ghost-managed as a retain for UPL IX, won DPP Ubers Gold in ROA Olympics, made finals of Ubers Open last year, puts positive records up throughout multiple team tournaments, and a overall good presence as management.
confirming

Fener

Going Fishing
Manager: Fener
Assistant Manager: Prinz
Team Name: Gigi Dugtrios
Hey everyone,
signing up for DPPL III as a management team. Our team consists of me (obviously), i have a lot of experience in DPP and have been playing this tier for years even participating in tournaments such as PPL and ROAPL and Prinz who managed both SPL and SCL.
Together, we believe we have the skills and knowledge to manage a team in this tour and bring out the best in our players. We're looking forward to this opportunity and can't wait to see what challenges this tour will bring.
Thanks for considering us as a management team, and we hope to see you all soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)