DP Spiritomb

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bump. Seems like there are no more issues. Commit?

There's not much of an ev dilemma at all, the set makes it a good gengar counter. You can't ohko lucario anyway without losing the ability to counter gengar.

hey Chris, perhaps you could run Sassy nature and have Pursuit instead of Shadow Ball? It's an idea, I mean, Gengar will probably run away from you after using Hypnosis, so having a chance of killing it off outright is better than doing nothing to it.

with 0 EVs Pursuit does 50.57% average if it stays in, and 100.77% average if it switches out.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's an okay idea... your STAB is kinda underpowered though and you're more easily set up on by the likes of Azelf (I think he's only 3-4HKOd). Maybe...

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Chris:Chris, possibly include Pursuit in the Set comments as Skiddle suggested but i'm iffy on it.

Anyway, Let's get this EV issue out of the way since this should be on site anyway. Not that it means it was the best spread but does anyone happen to know what Obi used just for reference?

I currently like the EV spread, but is less Special Defense a decent sacrifice to make? I don't see the need for it. We have Will-O-Wisp which patches this up anyway. What I would want to see is that Spiritomb has enough physical defense to come in on a Lucario using Sword Dance, take the Crunch or whatever, Burn it, and then still find time to Rest away the damage before being OHKO'd. Chris, if you would be so kind to tell me if this is currently true :). Otherwise, I think the current spread is fine. Especially since no one has raised any significantly better alternatives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)