DP Empoleon

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SubPetaya with Surf cannot get past a few major threats, namely Celebi, Salamence, and Dragonite. I did try SubPetaya with Surf, which is why I made a new set.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, Ice Beam takes care of all 3 of those in one shot (or close enough to one in Celebi's case). Anyhow, I'll throw this into the Empoleon revamp and I'll try not to fuck with your comments too much.

You don't need to cover everything and this set does nothing to remedy it! You won't beat Celebi with a Wiseglasses Ice Beam, and it will just T-Wave you. You are helpless against Blissey, and Surf won't even OHKO Tyranitar with this set.

I hate to sound like a skeptic, but when Chris is Me and I worked on the SubPetaya set we emphasized exclusively why it was superior to this, as this was the orignal Agility sweeper.

The most effective way to get SubPetaya Empoleon to work is to use Surf / Ice Beam as the attacks, and pair it with Toxic Spikes and Bait-Tran. Baitran, if your not familiar with it uses Fire Attack / Earth Power / Stealth Rock / Explosion @ Life Orb. It is nearly guarenteed to lure in and take out the opponents bulky water, making SubPetaya Empoleon an easy game-winner. With Waters out of the way, nothing really stands a chance unless they are packing 3 pokemon with high powered priority moves, as Scizor and Mamoswine can't even do 15% to you (mamo not even 10).

SubPetaya with Surf cannot get past a few major threats, namely Celebi, Salamence, and Dragonite. I did try SubPetaya with Surf, which is why I made a new set.
Salamence and Dragonite are easily OHKOed by Ice Beam. As for Celebi:

+1 353 SpAtk Ice Beam to Max HP Celebi: 75-89%, which is a OHKO over 50% of the time with Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Sandstorm on the field (which is not difficult, considering you should support it with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock anyway, and sandstorm is usually present). Furthermore, if Celebi decides to come in on your first Substitute, you will always beat it if Toxic Spikes are in play.

No offense, but you shouldn't rationalize creating an inferior set because you couldn't get it to work. I know dozens of people who play Agility SubPetaya Empoleon and they all say it is the one of the easiests sweeps around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)