SS Doubles OU (Doubles ou) rain team

Just made this team and it’s been performing pretty well on showdown, but I was looking to improve it so here it is. https://pokepast.es/3259f416417e70f2

First is thunderous who serves as an electric resist and to stop any gimmick strategy’s with prankster taunt, as well as thunder wave. Grass Knot serves as coverage for rock types who want to hit thunderous super effectively, and thunder is guaranteed to hit in the rain and do lots of damage combined with life orb

second is Peliper one of the two rain setters, damp rock is given to ensure rain stays up for a long time. Hurricane always will hit in the rain and will do massive damage to anything in its path, scald is boosted in rain and the chance for a burn is always nice. Tailwind is given so the other slower Pokémon in the team can out-speed opposing Pokémon protect is given so Peliper can protect an electric move and it’s partner can try to kill it.

third is gyrados intimidate lowers opposing Pokémons health on switch in, it could be used to bait an electric move and pivot into thunderous. Ice fang is coverage and waterfall does good damage in the rain dragon dance is used to power up its moves and protect cam bait an electric move while gyrados’s partner can try to kill it.

fourth is kingdra who’s speed is boosted in the rain and is able to fire off massive special attacks with specs ( especially hydropump with the rain) special attack and speed evs are given to deal big damage and do it fast

fifth is Dracovish with strong jaw boosted fishious rend, crunch, psychic fangs, and leech life. Normally this set is run with choice scarf so Dracovish can outspeed and hit big with fishious rend but since tailwind should be up it doesn’t need scarf and instead is given band to do even more damage

and finally is politoad the second rain setter with earth power for electric types and focusblast and ice beam for coverage as well as rain boosted scald.

Let me know what you think on how I could improve it, and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Fancy1, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, this subforum is for SS OU (singles) only, you can post Doubles OU teams in the SS Other subforum. Feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)