Tournament Doubles Derby I - Regular Season Tiebreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
SV DOU: bage1 vs robjr
I'll be honest, I don't really have a good call for this one. I'm kind of just predicting bagel on vibes. Both players have proven themselves to be very consistent threats in SV, and even though rob's been in the scene a little longer, I think they both have a tough fight ahead of them. I think bagel is a little more likely to roll up with a bo1 gimmick, but I can't even make that call for sure. I'm also predicting Turboblaze for the other slots, so why change now?

DUbers: tyo vs Actuarily
This matchup is very lopsided. tyo has extensive experience with GS Cup and past DUbers formats, and is coming in hot with a strong performance against Hys in week 5. Meanwhile, Redemption's DUbers slot has gone 0-5. Actuarily has had a rough tournament and this might be his first game of DUbers since Home dropped. While I don't want to count Actuarily out entirely, I think learning a whole format in a week is too much even for him, and even if can pull that off, tyo might catch him off guard with a surprise support pick. With all of this being said, I think there's one call I can make: if either player brings Kyogre, they will lose.

ADV: zee vs Grandmas Cookin
I know both of these players are very good. Grandmas Cookin is the most consistent ADV DOU player you could ask for and is the sole 5-0 player in the tournament. Zee meanwhile may not have played any ADV games in the tournament, but is still constantly building, observing, and playing. I know zee really wants to win this game for a whole host of reasons, so I'm putting my prediction where I see the motivation.

I hear zee and Gma will both be at regionals this weekend. I will also be at that tournament! I will buy the winner of this game a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)