Tournament Doubles Derby I - Player Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
derby.png

Art by NinjaSnapple
Doubles Derby will be a 7 week event at minimum, so sign up only if you can and will be active for a majority of this time. Make sure you stay in communication with your team and maintain a competitive attitude even after elimination.

Fill out the below exactly as written here for spreadsheet purposes.

Code:
Player name:
Tiers played:
Tiers NOT played:
Time zone:
Significant time missed:
The tiers this year will be: SV DOU, SV DUU, SV DUbers, SV Doubles Little Cup, SV National Dex Doubles, DPP DOU, and ADV DOU.

For the duration of Doubles Derby's regular season, players are not allowed to play in the tiers listed as "NOT played" in their signups post. They will only be allowed to play those tiers starting in playoffs. We will be enforcing this rule for ALL players, regardless of price tag. This is intended to address price fixing and encourage players to sign up for tiers they are most skilled in, rather than attempt to reduce their auction price.

To be crystal clear: "Tiers NOT Played" will bind you from playing in those tiers, and you should use it only if you do not intend to play that tier under any circumstance for the entire regular season. "Tiers Played" is a non-binding field that you can use to communicate your preferences to all managers.

Players will not be able to change their 'Tiers NOT Played' in midseason. Whatever was on the original signup remains in effect.

Users that are banned from the DOU Discord will not be allowed to participate in Doubles Derby.

This year's managers and teams will be:
bage1 + big pichu: Twinleaf Turboblaze.
Smudge + qsns: Jubilife Jockeys.
eragon11145 + Hugo: Konikoni Kingdras.
Amaranth + zoe: Upscale Unicorns.
raf + Mishimono: Keldeo's Cavalry.
GenOne : Red Spect Redemption.

Signups will remain open until 24 hours before draft time. Draft time is still TBD, but there will be a post in this thread notifying players of the time when it is determined. The draft will be the weekend of July 28th to the 30th, with Round 1 being posted the night of July 30th.

For any other questions, feel free to contact myself, bunnyy, or a forum mod. I'm reachable on the Doubles discord @ kaori.

SIGNUPS WILL CLOSE AT 5:00 PM -4 ON JULY 28TH. Draft will be happening the following day at 5:00 PM -4 on July 29th.

Last edited:
Player name: zee
Tiers played: DPP DOU, SV DUbers
Tiers NOT played: SV Doubles Little Cup
Time zone: -4/+9
Significant time missed: I will be in Japan for VGC worlds august 6-16th. I will try my hardest to play my game(s) during this trip but there is a possibility I will have to sub out for this week.

can adv/dpp/sv/duu/nd in emergencies

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Player name: Mizuhime
Tiers played: SV DOU / SV DUU / DPP DOU
Tiers NOT played: nat dex
Time zone: -4
Significant time missed: n/a

I play whatever you need me to really, tiers In order of preference but I’m fine with any of the 3

Last edited:
Player name: Genesis77
Tiers played: Gen9Dou, no Gen8Dou :(
Tiers NOT played:
Time zone: AEST, GMT+10
Significant time missed: N/A
I’m quite flexible seeing how I’m mostly here for fun.
I’m still playing to win tho :D

Last edited:
Player name: PandaDoux
Tiers played: ADV DOU, DPP DOU
Tiers NOT played: SV DOU, SV DUU, SVDUbers, SV Doubles Little Cup, SV National Dex Doubles
Time zone: gmt+2
Significant time missed: none

i am experienced with ADV and i really enjoy playing and building this tier, i can build on my own without any issues, i'm not experienced with DPP but i don't mind exploring it for this tournament if needed

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Player Name: Concept Everything
Tiers Played: SV National Dex Doubles, DPP DOU, ADV DOU.
TiersNot Played: None
Time zone: -5
Significant Time Missed: New Job, but I’ll be available to play games

I can build and play every tier this derby, I prefer to play for the listed tiers however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)