Monotype Double Unburden (Mono Fight)

1579272101463.png
1579272137114.png
1579272162890.png
1579272178564.png
1579272196469.png
1579272122392.png

Introduction :

Hi, as a player who likes to discover and play SS lower tiers, I was intereseted in the Monotype Tier, especially with building a mono-Fighting team since I appreciate this typing a lot. Furthermore, I wanted to use Hitmonlee in a team, so I started to build around a double unburden. Keep in mind that I don't have that much experience regarding teambuilding, but I still hope this team is viable.

Team :

1579263589454.png

Kommo-o @ Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

Kommo-o is my first pick for this team, since it is the only fighting type pokemon in the metagame that has access to the very important Stealth Rocks. Taunt is there to cripple defensive leads and prevents hazard against non-Mental Herb mons. As far as coverage goes, I felt like using a STAB move on a suicide lead mon wasn't that useful, so I went with Iron Head and TPunch, because it gives good coverage against Fairy-types and Flying-types that might want to set-up in Kommo-o's face. Finally, as I said before, Kommo-o is my suicide lead, so using a Focus Sash with it felt natural.

1579263615599.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

The next member of the squad is Lucario, being a special attacker for the team, also working as a pseudo- Fairy-check.. I decided to run Dark Pulse to not get completely walled by Aegislash which might want to set-up on Lucario.

1579263653505.png

Hawlucha @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Substitute

The third member of the team is a pretty obvious one; what would be a double Unburden core without Hawlucha? Lucha has already proven its worth as an Unburden sweeper in both gen7 and gen8, I decided to run a classic sub-SD set alongside with a White Herb to activate Unburden when using CC. It can usually set-up against a lot of defensive mons, making it a dangerous sweeper.

1579263815177.png

Grapploct @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Octolock
- Power-Up Punch
- Soak
- Rest

Grapploct is a surprise pick for the team, working as an excellent trapper thanks to Octolock. Since mons like Pex can easily prevent Hitmonlee or Hawlucha to sweep, Grapploct is extremely useful to trap them, and set-up on them thanks to PuP.

1579263785446.png

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Bewear is an important Pokemon for the team thanks to its Fluffy ability, allowing it to tank a lot of physical moves, effectively serving as a switch-in for monsters like Dracovish. The Bulk Up + Substitute set allows it to set-up on physical offensive mons, and helps Bewear to stop threats.

1579263748679.png

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Mach Punch
- Throat Chop

Hitmonlee is obviously the star of this RMT. Even though lee lost Curse in gen8, I decided to go with an Endure + Liechi Berry set, allowing it to boost its speed when eating its berry, effectively boosting its attack and speed when it hits 25% of its HP.
This team is unfortunately pretty weak to flying-, fairy- and psychic- teams, even though the match-ups aren't immediate losses. This team is also pretty weak to priority moves, since these can easily pick up a KO on Lucha or Hitmonlee.
This team is also extremely webs-weak, since I don't run any hazard removal

Kommo-o @ Focus Sash
Ability: Soundproof
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Mach Punch
- Throat Chop

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Grapploct @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Octolock
- Power-Up Punch
- Soak
- Rest

Hawlucha @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Bewear @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, cool team, but I notice some stuff I'd like to comment on.

Major Changes
:grapploct: -> :scrafty:
You're missing a Dark-type on your team which is very important due to your team's big weakness to Psychic-type attacks. Grapploct is a gimmick and doesn't work well in Monotype so this is an easy change. Scrafty can be a dangerous setup sweeper and can help you overcome some hard matchups such as Ghost in combination with Bewear, and even Psychic if you can manage to set up.

:lucario: -> :toxicroak:
I would suggest Toxicroak over Hitmonlee but seeing as the main idea behind your team is double Unburden the only other option is replacing Lucario. Other than Unburden you don't have Speed control on your team so my suggestion is Choice Scarf Toxicroak. Seems like an usual set at first glance but it outspeeds Choice Scarf Gardevoir which just clicks Moonblast against your team, and OHKOs it with Gunk Shot. It's great in the Fairy matchup overall and its 295 Speed tier is pretty good in this generation. Lucario doesn't really beat Fairy as Choice Scarf Gardevoir can easily revenge kill after its taken a bit of Life Orb damage. This does leave you without a special attacker which in my opinion isn't too bad, but if you want to use Lucario the only Pokemon I would replace it with is Hitmonlee as Toxicroak is too important.

Minor Changes

Kommo-O

:kommo-o:
You should run max Attack and max Speed in order to do as much damage as possible and outspeed as many Pokemon such as Gyarados, which you threaten with Thunder Punch, Adamant Mimikyu which is a big threat, non-Scarf Togekiss etc. The SpD EVs aren't too useful on the lead set since its main role is to get up Stealth Rock, prevent opposing entry hazards with Taunt and use its coverage to hit some common threats to Fighting-type teams.

Hawlucha
:hawlucha:
I suggest using Taunt over Substitute because it's very useful against Pokemon that can phase you out such as Hippowdon with Whirlwind, Haze users such as Toxapex, and it also prevents opposing setup and recovery.

:ss/kommo-o: :ss/hitmonlee: :ss/hawlucha: :ss/bewear: :ss/scrafty: :ss/toxicroak:
[click on the sprites above for importable]

That's what the final version of the team would look like. Hope you like my changes and good luck with the team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)