DotA

I'm just starting out playing this game. Its really fun, but its kind of hard to get used to for me =/.

Pandaren looks fun as heck with Clap, haze, and the three splitting move, but I usually play Skeleton King since he's so easy to play.

After a while of playing on and off I've started to really get into DotA these pas months, I'm still not very good, but passable. I'm a big fan of int heroes like visage and CM, but I enjoy most agili-heroes (because half of them are broken as fuck) and some strength as well. If you want to play I'm on Bnet USWest as I-spy

FINALLY

6.60 is out! I'd post the whole changelog here but it's incredibly long, so link here:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4915

I opened it offline quickly and looked at the new Razor. He's not anything like what I was expecting from the previous leaked version. Unstable Current seems really broken (100 damage + Purge to an enemy for each time you're attacked?) but when I tested it out, the creeps attacking me didn't take the damage or get purged. The movement speed bonus is always in effect though, so that's cool. I'll have to look at all the other stuff later as there's an absolutely massive amount of changes.

New Razor is just sick... farms 100x faster... I lost with a score 20-5 just because of one leaver(got disconnected) so it was 4v3 and I couldn't defend the whole base... my allies always got pwned.

So after orthodontist and optometrist appointments I finally got around to playing a bunch of games of DotA. Some impressions:

-razor isn't nearly as imba as the changelog made him look. The changelog made it seem as if his passive was triggered every time he took damage, but that just isn't the case. Only targeted spells will trigger the effect. Everything else (damage, aoe, etc) will not. Static field has maximum power of 350 (before reduction), which is fine but not all that impressive. Static link is nice but it isn't the holyshit nonsense people are making it out to be; fights with razor don't generally last all that long one way or the other. Eye of the storm is really quite nice though, it's definitely a gigantic improvement over static field. The fact of the matter remains though: against a good lane razor simply is way too fucking weak (at 17 base str) to survive. He'll be fine for -em, but that's about all.

-Sven has returned! I don't know if he'll see competitive play again, but I love this guy again. Storm Bolt becoming an AoE (targetting like toss) is fantastic. I ran him with Leshrac and got all nostalgic for .47b... He's still pretty dependent on God's Strength, and still vulnerable to a well-placed purge, but he's definitely at least viable again with the AoE stun and global Warcry. Sven & Lesh lane is amazing again :)

-TC is pretty cool! I think he would be a lot cooler if you could actually control the ancestor, however. A lot a lot a lot cooler. You could chain stomps, you could make sure he's actually really where you want him to be, etc. Echo stomp is amazing...it's essentially an AoE nightmare which is pretty rigged, and having an extra echo stomp in an area which may or may not be helpful is just a (sometimes) added bonus. I sure have seen a lot of missed ultis with him already. In team fights with poor coordination: he Echo Stomps, casts ult, allies attack, wake the victims, and they run out of the ult. Oops.

-Batrider: good projectile speed and base damage make him annoying to try to last hit against. Flying over anything is obviously really cool. Napalm stacking means you can (in essence) orb walk runners down to a crawl. Flamebreak is a standard bread and butter nuke. Overall, though, I don't think he's very good at all. With ulti, napalm slow stacking, and the ability to take shortcuts flying where others go around, he'll be fine at tracking down stragglers. But that's pretty much all he can do. In team fights, he's essential worthless. He's got a fair nuke (but nothing to distuinguish him), a shitty disable (napalm) which he won't be able to stack to any meaningful level, and poor dps. His ulti, while sounding pretty awesome, becomes pretty much useless due to its tiny cast range and short duration. I've heard dagger floated around for him with the idea of dagger in drag somebody out, but it's a lot of trouble (and pretty ineffective) just to make a shitty venge.

-Stone gaze is good, split shot still is the worst thing ever. Magic snake max power ~450 (good) but in all likelihood not even close (bad). I still hate Medusa.

I will have more impressions as I play more games in the new version. It's way too soon to tell for me whether this version will actually be an overall improvement on .59, which I must say is one of the best I'd ever seen. Also, I'm happy to say at least it's not a clear fiasco like .50 was.

Oh, and finally I looked around at the new playdota.com site (nice) and the new playdota.com forums (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh my eyes). It really does seem that everybody that made the transition is fucking retarded. Just look at their comp. dota forum.

Wheeeee...looks like my power supply has died. I may be dotaless for the next while.

Damn, after 6.60 is out, I have simply no time to play all the games I want = /, it really got my interest for dota back. So far, there isn't one change I dont like about the update, and i can say that I just LOVE lining with a CT =)

As a Zeus Player I loved the little, but significant buff on Arc Lightning

yay!

My nickname on garena is Guilan, you can add me in there.

Now I use to play dota more than before, because of the map rework.

6.61 is out. Changelog: http://dota-allstars-blog.blogspot.com/2009/07/dota-661-changelog-dota-allstars-661.html

Immediate stand outs:

Silencer is a HELL of a lot better now that his aura is what steals int from heroes and not glaives. In team fights that's insane. AOE was increased by 200 too. Personally I loved playing Silencer before and this will make him much more useful. Curse of the Silent tiny nerf but still good.

TC, bat, ogre nerfed. meepo slightly buffed, but not with poof.

Tree living armor bug fixed, usefulness i'll have to test.

"allied hero has fallen" sound doesn't play anymore, thank god.

juggs can now control omni

The thing that stands out is Weaver's new watcher skill (and Weaver buffs in general). They really need to buff AM, with all the nerfs. =3 We gotta play together... =]

6.61 quick runthrough

-huge batrider str nerf
-huge void str gain
-pretty big silencer buffs
-pretty poor job nerfing TC IMO

I don't see Weaver's watchers as having been overly buffed, not really anyway. They can no longer (effectively) patrol, and their vision got fucked bad. The silence is nice I suppose. Regardless, gone are the days when you can run an invisible watcher behind somebody and tp in.

I don't really like the TC nerf. It seems to me the best thing they could have done would have been to nerf the range of ancestral spirit. All this does is make him ever so slightly more item-dependent (he'll need 2 bracers to tank instead of just 1). He's still pretty tankish, still going to be doing a ton of damage from a long range...this isn't like the clockwork str nerf.

Still don't have a new PSU. I've played a couple games of BNet because at least there I don't really mind if this computer decides it can't handle wc3 on the lowest settings for 15 seconds at a time.

Nah the main thing that should've been nerfed was the cd/mana cost for TC's ult. All levels it's like 60 seconds, and the first level doesn't even break 200.

I like the int buff to witch doctor, and the mega decreased CD on stone gaze is cool. I'm a little confused at the Urna Swarm thing, who got that ?_?

Haha wow. My friends just got me into playing/buying Dota. Atm, I really suck, but I'm working on mastering Zeus xD
Zeus is a hard hero to start off as (killing is extremely easy, but mastering his animation gets tough, and you have to be a good ganker). I would suggest playing Warlock as your first hero (fairly easy, hard to kill, and is a very good hero in competitive gaming).

Alright thats true :D
I just saw Zeus and saw how cool he was, but I guess I should learn how to play DotA before mastering any hard to play guys

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Leo's a nice newbie hero, as he's hell to take down and has a very simplistic skill set. Sniper is also a nice starter hero, as his skills are straightforward and his range (now 810 at max!) makes it easy for him to take part in battle without being overly threatened. It also teaches basic survival mechanisms, like not pushing too far and being aware of your surroundings.

As for the changes, I think that the big ones that matter are the subtle ones. Silencer got a HUGE buff in that the INT steal for him is now heroes that die in a 900 AoE, rather than just heroes he kills, which makes him less of a KSing bastard, as well as the big buff to earlygame Curse of the Silent, making it much less of a worthless spell. The other VERY nice buffs are the buff to Void's STR, the buff to Vengeful's base AGI, and notably the great buffs to Medusa's new Ult and Chain abilities.

Also Curse didn't get nerfed AT ALL. It does exactly the same amount of damage (100/200/300/400 HP and 50/100/150/200 mana), but instead of over 10 seconds, it's over 2/4/6/8. It's a REALLY big buff.

The new Razor is fantastic. His AoE spell is great for teamfights and ganks, his Ult makes him one of the best one-on-one brawlers in the game, Static Link is nice to just annoy people (haven't tried it early in lane yet), and Unstable Current gives him 400+ MS with Treads as well as a reliable way to get away from nukers midgame. He could use a little buff to his range, as 475 just isn't enough much of the time, but otherwise he's excellent.

Medusa's stone gaze still sucks, even with a lower cd. They need a better mechanic than units facing Medusa get purged. It'll be interesting to see how Curse fits in with Silencer now (as Glaives/Stats may no longer be the best build). Curse/Glaives also probably won't be very good, perhaps Glaives may be gotten later because of how dominant the other 2 skills are now?

Medusa is still a bad hero if you're facing anyone besides Warlock. I'd say she's actually worse now than she was before the change - Chain Lightning is more reliable than Mystic Snake though slightly less useful overall, and Purge is a lot more useful for ganks since you can actually use it when an enemy is running away from you. I tried using Dagger to Blink in front of opponents to use Stone Gaze, it didn't work very well.

I'm loving how they changed back QoP's ultimate so that it now has a 120/100/80 second cooldown with Scepter. 80 seconds is a huge improvement over 110. It essentially goes from a "use only in big teamfights" ultimate to a "use whenever it's up" ult.

TC is still pretty overpowered. His skills need a nerf, not his stats <_<

Well his base damage needed to be nerfed, which was a good thing. He probably needs a nerf to his ms too (I think he has 310 ms, or something just as high).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)