move 4:
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Imposter
nature: Relaxed
tera type: Ghost
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Ditto is widely hailed as the best revenge killer and finds a small niche with a Choice Scarf.

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - Low**: Ditto rarely needs to Terastallize unless it is being threatened by Dragon Dance Dragonite's Extreme Speed at +3.

* **Ghost**: Tera Ghost gives Ditto immunity to Dragonite's Extreme Speed, preventing it from defeating Ditto after three Dragon Dances.

Items
========

* **Choice Scarf**: The safest option, Choice Scarf guarantees that Ditto will always outspeed the foe unless said foe is holding a Choice Scarf.
* **Focus Sash**: A high-risk yet high-reward option, Focus Sash allows Ditto to switch moves at the cost of being nullified by entry hazards. However, it should be noted that Imposter doesn't copy Protosynthesis or Quark Drive boosts, making Focus Sash a lot less niche, as it allows Ditto to beat foes such as Flutter Mane more consistently assuming the field is clear of hazards.

EV Spreads
========

* **Effort Values**: The given EVs maximize Ditto's bulk in the rare case of a mirror matchup.
* **Individual Values**: 0 Speed IVs and a minus Speed nature is key to beating opposing Ditto, as the Ditto that moves last on the fourth turn will win the mirror.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/aqua-jet.531302/
- Quality checked by: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
- Grammar checked by: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/deezcastforms.423085/, https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/sabelette.583793/

Last edited:

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I would make a note that sus ability does NOT copy Protosynthesis/Quark Drive boosts, meaning that against things like Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, it is quite literally a coinflip. This makes focus sash a lot less of a niche pick than it was in previous generations too, since assuming you’re able to keep the field clear of hazards, this allows you to beat Booster Energy mons more consistently.

For consistency’s sake I’d move the blurb about the EV spread to its own section and elaborate a little bit further on why it’s optimal to invest in bulk (particularly HP, since new players might not know how imposter works).

Looks good otherwise, ditto is pretty simple. QC APPROVED

add
remove
comment

:SV/Ditto:

[SET]
name: Revenge Killer
move 1: Transform
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:

[SET COMMENTS]

* Widely hailed as the best revenge killer due to its ability, Ditto finds a small niche in the metagame with a Choice Scarf. I admittedly can't think of a good edit for this sentence, but it also feels very awkward to read. If I had to make a recommendation, I'd say to add in a short explanation on why Ditto's ability makes it such a good revenge killer.

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - Low**: Ditto rarely needs to Terastallize (sp) unless it is being threatened by Dragon Dance Dragonite's Extreme Speed after Dragonite has set up thrice at +3. Subjective, changed for brevity.

* **Ghost**: Ditto's best Tera Ghost gives Ditto immunity option leaves it immune to Dragonite's Extreme Speed, preventing Dragonite it from defeating Ditto after the former has set up thrice three Dragon Dances. 1. Even if "Ghost" is in the title, it's still good form to name Tera Ghost in the text. 2. Avoiding repetition. 3. Subjective, again for brevity. I don't think "has set up thrice" is necessarily wrong, but it sits wrong with me when I read it, so I wanted to mention it and provide possible alternatives.

Items
========

* **Choice Scarf**: The safest option, Choice Scarf guarantees that Ditto will always outspeed the foe in front of it. I know I'm not QC, but it is fully possible for Choice Scarf Ditto to lose a Speed tie to an opposing Scarf Pokemon. Edit this how you wish.
* **Focus Sash**: If you feel like unleashing your inner gambler, then this item is for you! A more high-risk yet high-reward option, this Focus Sash allows Ditto to switch moves at the cost of being nullified by entry hazards. Subjective, the removed sentence feels like an out of place tone shift. Also inserting Focus Sash into the main text, like with Tera Ghost. However, it should be noted that Imposter doesn't copy Protosynthesis or Quark Drive boosts, making Focus Sash a lot less niche, as it allows Ditto to beat foes such as Flutter Mane more consistently assuming the field is clear of hazards.

EV Spreads
========

* **Effort Values**: The given EVs maximize Ditto's bulk in the rare case of a mirror matchup.
* **Individual Values**: 0 Speed IVs and a minus Speed nature is key to winning this matchup beating opposing Ditto, as the Ditto that whoever moves last on the fourth turn will win the mirror. While your meaning can be implied, it is still proper to specify it again as the EVs and IVs are separate sections, the alteration after the comma was then made to avoid repetition. The minus Speed nature addition may again be overstepping my boundaries from GP into QC, but there is no explanation for having a Relaxed nature in the set otherwise.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[GP Member, 34234]]

Sabelette

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GP 1/1 GP Team done, credit both of us

Addition Removal Comment
(AC) (AH) Add Comma/Add Hyphen, (RC) (RH) Remove Comma/Remove Hyphen

add
remove
comment

:SV/Ditto:

[SET]
name: Revenge Killer
move 1: Transform
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:

[SET COMMENTS]

* Widely hailed as the best revenge killer due to its ability, Ditto finds a small niche in the metagame with a Choice Scarf. I admittedly can't think of a good edit for this sentence, but it also feels very awkward to read. If I had to make a recommendation, I'd say to add in a short explanation on why Ditto's ability makes it such a good revenge killer. (optional to change but I agree this sentence is awkward and it might be better to do smth like "Ditto is widely hailed as the best revenge killer and finds a small niche with a Choice Scarf.")

Tera Types
========

* **Tera Dependency - Low**: Ditto rarely needs to Terastallize (sp) (it's two Ls for the record) unless it is being threatened by Dragon Dance Dragonite's Extreme Speed after Dragonite has set up thrice at +3. Subjective, changed for brevity. (make this change)

* **Ghost**: Ditto's best Tera Ghost gives Ditto immunity option leaves it immune to Dragonite's Extreme Speed, preventing Dragonite it from defeating Ditto after the former has set up thrice three Dragon Dances. 1. Even if "Ghost" is in the title, it's still good form to name Tera Ghost in the text. 2. Avoiding repetition. 3. Subjective, again for brevity. I don't think "has set up thrice" is necessarily wrong, but it sits wrong with me when I read it, so I wanted to mention it and provide possible alternatives. (again, make this change, it's good)

Items
========

* **Choice Scarf**: The safest option, Choice Scarf guarantees that Ditto will always outspeed the foe in front of it. I know I'm not QC, but it is fully possible for Choice Scarf Ditto to lose a Speed tie to an opposing Scarf Pokemon. Edit this how you wish. (True, a simple "unless it also has a Choice Scart" would suffice if QC approves but check with them"
* **Focus Sash**: If you feel like unleashing your inner gambler, then this item is for you! A high-risk yet high-reward option, this Focus Sash allows Ditto to switch moves at the cost of being nullified by entry hazards. Subjective, the removed sentence feels like an out of place tone shift. Also inserting Focus Sash into the main text, like with Tera Ghost. (again support this change) However, it should be noted that Imposter doesn't copy Protosynthesis or Quark Drive boosts, making Focus Sash a lot less niche, as it allows Ditto to beat foes such as Flutter Mane more consistently assuming the field is clear of hazards.

EV Spreads
========

* **Individual Values**: 0 Speed IVs and a minus Speed nature is key to winning this matchup beating opposing Ditto, as the Ditto that moves last on the fourth turn will win the mirror. While your meaning can be implied, it is still proper to specify it again as the EVs and IVs are separate sections, the alteration after the comma was then made to avoid repetition. The minus Speed nature addition may again be overstepping my boundaries from GP into QC, but there is no explanation for having a Relaxed nature in the set otherwise. (check with QC before making this change as it steps into QC territory; I removed the last change bc "who" is incorrect terminology and the original was clearer)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)