Partially Approved Display starter ability and Swarm-boosted moves in tooltip.

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's feasible to fit into the tooltip the actual damage of a move when it's boosted by Torrent, Blaze, Overgrow, and Swarm. I ladder and battle quite a bit and I would benefit from being able to instantaneously view the increased power of those moves. I also think players would benefit from that if they have forgotten about those abilities and can accordingly alter the next move they make.

Also, I think it would be practical to implement this because, for example:

1604717481691.png

If Clawitzer's Mega Launcher or Toxtricity's Punk Rock displays the increased damage, then so should the common aforementioned abilities.

1604717825956.png

Hope this is fine and thanks in behalf!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I already told you on PS these boosts occur to the attacking stat upon the move's use, they're not BP modifiers, so this wouldn't be accurate. Marking as partially rejected.

The same reason also applies to Dragon's Maw, Steelworker, and Transistor.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would it be possible to have an “effective power” field where this type of multiplier is displayed? I understand that it may not quite be mathematically accurate for the calc, but it would be nice to see other multipliers shown somewhere, to help make sure I’ve accounted for all relevant factors when I’m calcing. Additionally, and “effective power” field could show the STAB multiplier, alongside those from abilities like blaze, torrent, overgrow, dragon’s maw, etc. Thanks!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Would it be possible to have an “effective power” field where this type of multiplier is displayed? I understand that it may not quite be mathematically accurate for the calc, but it would be nice to see other multipliers shown somewhere, to help make sure I’ve accounted for all relevant factors when I’m calcing. Additionally, and “effective power” field could show the STAB multiplier, alongside those from abilities like blaze, torrent, overgrow, dragon’s maw, etc. Thanks!
I'm already working on something to support this, hence the "Partially Rejected" tag, but this wouldn't be any sort of BP or damage modifier.

Also, STAB is a damage modifier (like burn); Blaze and friends are stat modifiers, but they only modify the stat upon the move's use. We also can't display damage in tooltips because it would reveal the opposing Pokemon's EV spread and stats, and also because if we did it in a range (like Speed), it would be too broad to be remotely accurate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)