Deportation of Ama Sumani

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7184359.stm

Basically the Immigration people have dragged this woman from her hospital bed (her visa had expired) and put her on a plane to Ghana. She needs to have kidney dialysis 3 times a week - in this country it is free on the NHS but in Ghana it would cost an absolute fortune - without it she will almost certainly die.

So... Should she have been deported or not?

/Discuss

Well, to be perfectly honest, she is basically mooching off their health care system. She isn't a citizen of the UK and probably isn't paying their rather high tax for the free health care, so why should she get it?

Now I know that sounds completely horrible, but that is the basic truth to it. Just shows how wrong the world is sometimes.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I cant support this at all. She may be mooching but it is because she has no choice.

International law is such a joke. It is so obscene that this situation should exist in the first place. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Have a nice day.

I agree with Hipmonlee.

And i have to add, people sometimes express their opinions like if that was the correct thing, maybe some because haven't went through that situation.

Advanced countries sometimes really suck when it comes to act like a healthy human society.

How the fuck they didn't deport Abu Hamza earlier, who preached terrorism openly and preached at Finsbury park mosque to the 7/7 bombers, who did fuck all except live on £33k a year tax free courtesy of tax payers but can do it to a woman who fell ill whilst IN the country is beyond me...

Our welfare state is a joke. I still hate how we fund religious organisations (as if they can't fund themselves) and give unemployment pay to people for so long when many clearly aren't looking for work. Our NHS may not be in a good spot at the moment but if we can afford the completely unnecessary deep clean of all our hospitals then we can afford to enact some common sense and decency to help someone who came here to work (which is a hell of a lot more than many of our citizens do).

The worst is the case (I'll find it later) of a woman from the Philippines who was working as a nurse here and brought her husband over. She gave birth at the hospital where she worked and someone on duty fucked up, gave her an epidural in her arm instead've wherever it's supposed to go, and she died.

Not only this, the hospital lied to the husband for over a year, telling him it was a rare birth complication; "an amniotic fluid embolism" and the truth only came up when a police investigation uncovered it.

Her widower and baby are now facing deportation because the dead wife can't work for the hospital that killed her anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)