Other Metagames Deoxys attacks! (NDAG)

Original concept was built around the new sample team update. That’s why Caly-S with Nasty Plot and Baton Pass exists on the team. Without further ado, let’s get into it.

Regieleki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
I just have this for hazard removal and speed control. Casual spa and speed set, with volt switch for pivoting after I take a sash hit. I need a sash so that I guarantee that I can thunder wave or spin. I can also Baton Pass onto this in case Deoxys dies early game.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Draining Kiss
This is the main setup mon, whose point is to set up Nasty Plot and go to Baton Pass, switching into Deoxys. I have Astral Barrage for my main form of damage output, with Draining Kiss for recovery in case my sash doesn’t get used up. Sash is also needed for Caly-S since it dies instantly to Sucker Punch from Yveltal or Shadow Sneak from Marshadow. It’s also decent for spin blocking and can punish most hazard setters.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt

Ah, the star of the show. Sporting some of the highest offensive stats in the game, this space beast is equipped with another focus sash to set up Max Airstream and boost its speed. After that, it’s game over. And ignore any hopes of priority, since Max Mindstorm sets up psychic terrain. Thunderbolt can be used to check Yveltal, while Nasty Plot is used to set up in case Calyrex dies before it gets to baton pass. At +2 SpA, this hits so hard. For reference, here’s some relevant calcs. I’m using a Timid Nature and 0 Attack IVs in order to minimize the damage from Foul Play. But when you have 180 Attack, you can’t really do anything about it, can you?

+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Mindstorm vs. +2 48 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Psychic Terrain: 387-456 (95.5 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 478-564 (115.1 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 474-558 (117.3 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 248 HP / 188+ SpD Yveltal in Electric Terrain: 724-854 (159.1 - 187.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Psychic Terrain: 526-621 (140.6 - 166%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Wild Charge

Standard offensive set, not really anything interesting here. Just something to kill whatever Deoxys can’t and that’s basically every special wall in the game. The only difference here being that Sacred Sword is used over Close Combat in order to break past opposing pokemon that stack up on stat boosts.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

This is my main physical setup sweeper, and since Sticky Web is everywhere, this is the one thing I have to switch into it. Intimidate is also quite handy for knocking down MRay and Zacian-C’s attack so that it can set up Dragon Dance and OHKO everything on the opposing team. I have Roost on here since it needs a form of recovery, and I also have Earthquake since Steel types can be annoying. Here’s some more calcs for you.

252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 160-189 (48.3 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 175-207 (52.8 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 191-226 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web

Galvantula is my hazards lead, and this pairs really well with Regieleki. Regieleki offers hazard removal, while Galvantula offers Sticky Web so that it stops scarfed mons. Thunder is necessary stab since its boosted by Compound Eyes, while Bug Buzz is more STAB and can hit Smeargle and Eevee behind Substitute. Thunder Wave is more speed control, and I opted for ANOTHER Focus Sash since getting up webs is important.

Hidden power Flying deoxys for what tho?
Your team has a problem with ditto, right?
hp flying turns into max airstream so i basically outspeed everything. Ditto is a problem to the team, but in certain situations i can take care of it. I usually can slow down the ditto with a thunder wave or two, but there's some situations where i just lose.

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
hp flying turns into max airstream so i basically outspeed everything. Ditto is a problem to the team, but in certain situations i can take care of it. I usually can slow down the ditto with a thunder wave or two, but there's some situations where i just lose.
Uhhhh ok i see

Original concept was built around the new sample team update. That’s why Caly-S with Nasty Plot and Baton Pass exists on the team. Without further ado, let’s get into it.

Regieleki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Transistor
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
I just have this for hazard removal and speed control. Casual spa and speed set, with volt switch for pivoting after I take a sash hit. I need a sash so that I guarantee that I can thunder wave or spin. I can also Baton Pass onto this in case Deoxys dies early game.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Timid Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Draining Kiss
This is the main setup mon, whose point is to set up Nasty Plot and go to Baton Pass, switching into Deoxys. I have Astral Barrage for my main form of damage output, with Draining Kiss for recovery in case my sash doesn’t get used up. Sash is also needed for Caly-S since it dies instantly to Sucker Punch from Yveltal or Shadow Sneak from Marshadow. It’s also decent for spin blocking and can punish most hazard setters.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt

Ah, the star of the show. Sporting some of the highest offensive stats in the game, this space beast is equipped with another focus sash to set up Max Airstream and boost its speed. After that, it’s game over. And ignore any hopes of priority, since Max Mindstorm sets up psychic terrain. Thunderbolt can be used to check Yveltal, while Nasty Plot is used to set up in case Calyrex dies before it gets to baton pass. At +2 SpA, this hits so hard. For reference, here’s some relevant calcs. I’m using a Timid Nature and 0 Attack IVs in order to minimize the damage from Foul Play. But when you have 180 Attack, you can’t really do anything about it, can you?

+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Mindstorm vs. +2 48 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Psychic Terrain: 387-456 (95.5 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 478-564 (115.1 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 252 HP / 20 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 474-558 (117.3 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Lightning vs. 248 HP / 188+ SpD Yveltal in Electric Terrain: 724-854 (159.1 - 187.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Psychic Terrain: 526-621 (140.6 - 166%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Wild Charge

Standard offensive set, not really anything interesting here. Just something to kill whatever Deoxys can’t and that’s basically every special wall in the game. The only difference here being that Sacred Sword is used over Close Combat in order to break past opposing pokemon that stack up on stat boosts.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

This is my main physical setup sweeper, and since Sticky Web is everywhere, this is the one thing I have to switch into it. Intimidate is also quite handy for knocking down MRay and Zacian-C’s attack so that it can set up Dragon Dance and OHKO everything on the opposing team. I have Roost on here since it needs a form of recovery, and I also have Earthquake since Steel types can be annoying. Here’s some more calcs for you.

252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 160-189 (48.3 - 57%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 175-207 (52.8 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 191-226 (57.7 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web

Galvantula is my hazards lead, and this pairs really well with Regieleki. Regieleki offers hazard removal, while Galvantula offers Sticky Web so that it stops scarfed mons. Thunder is necessary stab since its boosted by Compound Eyes, while Bug Buzz is more STAB and can hit Smeargle and Eevee behind Substitute. Thunder Wave is more speed control, and I opted for ANOTHER Focus Sash since getting up webs is important.
What makes mega Salamence better than Mega Rayquaza?

recovery lollll?
Ye MRay is totally better than MSala
honestly had the urge to try and make more of my favorite mons usable, but there's a few (probably unnecessary) reasons that i chose mence over ray

intimidate, stronger flying stab, faster, slightly bulkier, etc.
yes, i'm aware that mray literally created AG, and that it has a good defensive ability, better movepool+defensive stats, but it just cripples to some things that msala doesn't, including zacian-c. it's not that I didn't know about mray, but more of that I didn't want to use it over mega mence because, let's be honest, where is it in the VR? kinda underrated tbh. Its fine if i should switch to mray over mence, but this was my original take.

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
honestly had the urge to try and make more of my favorite mons usable, but there's a few (probably unnecessary) reasons that i chose mence over ray

intimidate, stronger flying stab, faster, slightly bulkier, etc.
yes, i'm aware that mray literally created AG, and that it has a good defensive ability, better movepool+defensive stats, but it just cripples to some things that msala doesn't, including zacian-c. it's not that I didn't know about mray, but more of that I didn't want to use it over mega mence because, let's be honest, where is it in the VR? kinda underrated tbh. Its fine if i should switch to mray over mence, but this was my original take.
ah i see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)