Shikijika (Normal/Grass)

HP: 60
Attack: 60
Defense 50
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 50
Speed: 75

Abilities:
Herbivore : Increases attack 1.5x when hit by a Grass move.
Chlorophyll: Doubles speed in sunlight.

Bold Moves Get STAB.

— Tackle

— Camouflage

4 Growl

7 Sand-Attack

10 Double Kick

13 Leech Seed

16 Faint Attack

20 Take Down

24 Jump Kick BP: 100 PP: 10 95%

28 Aromatherapy

32 Energy Ball

36 Charm

41 Nature Power

46 Double-Edge

51 SolarBeam

Agility

Baton Pass

Fake Tears

GrassWhistle

Natural Gift

Odor Sleuth

Sleep Talk

Synthesis

Worry Seed

06 Toxic

10 Hidden Power

11 Sunny Day

16 Light Screen

17 Protect

18 Rain Dance

20 Safeguard

21 Frustration

22 SolarBeam

27 Return

30 Shadow Ball

32 Double Team

42 Facade

44 Rest

45 Attract

48 A Capella 15 60 100%
Power increases the more Pokémon in the trainer's team know this move.
49 Echo voice 15 40 100%
Power is raised when used consecutively, topping at 200 (Singles). In doubles/triples, the power is raised when used by other teammates on that turn.
53 Energy Ball

67 Retribution 5 70 100%
Inflicts double damage if a friendly Pokémon fainted on the last turn.
70 Flash

73 Thunder Wave

83 Cheer Up 30 0 —
Raises the user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage.
86 Grass Knot

87 Swagger

90 Substitute

93 Wild Bolt 15 90 100%
User receives 1/4 the damage it inflicts in recoil.

NOTE: All calcs are with max EV's in Each Stat unless said otherwise.

Well, here we have Shikijika, which looks like it has some potential in Little Cup. It has interesting STAB, and If it can come in on a Grass Type attack, Reaches a good 23 Attack, and If it Gets in a Cheer Up as well, Shikijika reaches a wonderful 33 Attack. It's Dual STAB Is resisted by little in, well, Little Cup, and anything that resists both is zapped into oblivion by Wild Bolt, Which doesn't make sense, since it's a little forest fawn. Unfortunately, However, It doesn't really have any physical moves to take advantage of its Grass STAB, Though Cheer Up may Help in That department, since it gets Grass Knot and Energy Ball To eat through any Water/Rock/Ground Walls that may stand in the way of a Double-Edge, especially Onix. On a Positive Note, It Gets Jump Kick, which helps it a lot when it comes to its sweeping potential.
Besides that, It gets Agility, Which Doubles its decent speed to an amazing 34, Which puts in in top-tier speed. With Substitute, Leech seed, and Even Thunder Wave, Shikijika can also pull of supportive sets if need be.

Sets:

Need to show them my hyperness
Ability: Herbivore/Chlorophyll (Doesn't matter really)
Berry Juice
Jolly/Naive Nature
196 Attack/ 16 Defense/ 56 Special Defense/ 240 Speed

Baton Pass
Agility
Cheer Up/Double-Edge/Leech Seed
Wild Bolt/Jump Kick/ Energy Ball/Substitute

Basically You're just trying to pass Agility and/or Cheer Up. Pretty Self-Explanatory. However, The odd numbers in HP and Speed are the lowest needed to max them out. The rest can just go into any of your attacking stats as you see fit. Agility is a must on all variations on this set, however, since it Doubles your average speed to the Speed of light, thus allowing you to outspeed anything outside of rain not named,well, anything with doubled speed. Leech Seed and Substitute are if you want to run the supportive route.

I Get into a Hyper rage when I'm happy
Ability: Herbivore
Life Orb
Jolly Nature
196 Attack/72 Sp. Attack/ 240 Speed

Cheer Up
Agility/Leech Seed/Energy Ball
Double-Edge
Wild Bolt/Jump Kick

Again, EVs are just enough to max that stat at Level 5, with the rest thrown in Special Attack. Cheer Up is obvious, and if it comes in on a Grass Move, then that's a free attack boost which is always nice. Double-Edge should also be mandatory, being a base 120 Power STAB, especially so if you get a Herbivore Boost and a Cheer Up. To avoid being walled by Steel and Rock Types, Wild Bolt or Jump Kick. Wild Bolt Also helps with water types like Kabuto and Omanyte.

Eatin' those funny acorns
Life Orb/Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
196 Atk/ 36 Defense/36 Special Defense/ 236 Spd

Agility
Jump Kick
Wild Bolt
Double Edge/Baton Pass/Cheer Up

A set meant to really take advantage of Shikijika's Ability, Herbivore. Say you have a Kabuto on the Field and they switch to a Tangela to blow it into oblivion (if Tangela gets banned, you still get the general idea). You switch out to this, who gets a free boost equivalent to a Choice Band. As they attack (or switch), You use Agility, reaching Tier 0 Speed, and can proceed to wreak havoc with Jump Kick and Wild Bolt. However, If you plan on coming in by your own means, then you need to run Cheer Up.However, Shikijika is far from Bulky, so Defensive Evs are recommended. That way, if, say, Houndour comes in to Fire Blast for the OHKO, Focus Sash is recommended if you want that so you can Jump Kick it. In that same situation, you could Baton Pass to a Pokemon who could take Houndour with ease who now has doubled speed, like Gligar (who may or not now switch Rock Polish with another offensive move). On a final note, set the HP to 0 so it falls to 21.

LeaDeer
Ability: Chlorophyll
Careful Nature
Oran Berry/Light Clay
196 HP/36 Defense/ 36 Special Defense/ 236 Speed

Light Screen
Thunder Wave/Leech Seed
Wild Bolt/Baton Pass
Protect/Jump-Kick/Double-Edge

Designed as a defensive lead, and capitalizing on Light Screen, Which further boosts its defenses. The rest of the options are personal, though if you are going to use Leech Seed, It is recommended you use Baton Pass along with it. Thunder wave is just for hitting other leads, though on a defensive set like this, if it serves its purpose, then you can come back and Put up light screen. Chlorophyll has added use here, since Vulpix leads will probably be on the rise with Drought.

LeaDeer v2
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
Focus Sash
196 Attack/76 Special Attack/236 Speed

Light Screen
Jump Kick
Wild Bolt
Double-Edge/ Energy Ball

A much more offensive lead, designed just to set up Screens, and hurt something if possible. Say if a Vulpix or a Houndoom lead comes in, this way you will be able to at least set up your screen. Even more so with Vulpix, since you reach 34 Speed after Chlorophyll Boost. However, if a Water-Type Lead Comes in, there is always Wild Bolt, and Fighting/Electric/Normal Being unresited by most of Little Cup, let alone leads.

Clenup Deer
Naive Nature
36 HP /36 Attack /192 Special Attack/236 Speed
Life Orb

-Return
-Jump Kick
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

A simple set aiming to clean up once most threats are gone, especially Croagunk. This set can be a fine counter to Contrarian Tsutarja's Leaf Storm, which is now rendered completely useless, while raising your Attack by half to 19 after a single Leaf Storm. Since minimal attack EV's are needed, the rest can be put into Special Attack, taking advantage of STAB Grass and Shadow ball to hit Super effectively on most pokemon that are not covered by Fighting/Normal.

Well, That's My two cents. I'll ad more sets as life goes.

Discuss!

Might as well change the Aglilipass set into a scarf set and invest most of the EVs into dual attacks. Bambi does look like a promising revenge killer with Jump Kick and other physical moves.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Your EVs are really inefficient on the first set and leftovers is a really shitty item. For a more effective spread, I would run 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe and Oran Berry. I really don't see any reason to use this as a "Vulpix Counter" when Vulpix can switch out and come back in with ease. It also definitely doesn't appreciate taking a STAB, Sun-boosted Fire Blast or Flamethrower. As for Baton-passing, I would rather use Gligar or Venonat to pass speed and this guy is too slow to be passing Cheer Up boosts. Additionally, I don't see the appeal of using Cheer Up on a Pokemon with 75 Speed who will be OHKOed by Elekid's Ice Punch. A 36/36 Shikijika takes 95.7% - 113% from Ice Punch, and a max/max Shikijika takes 88% - 112% from Cross Chop, meaning that both OHKO after SR.

All in all, I think that the only redeeming quality that Shikijika has is its immunity to Grass, which it could capitalize on using a Scarf set. Its stats are mediocre, as is its movepool. I certainly won't be using it any time soon.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My personal favourite Shikijika set while I tested it was:-

Shikijika@Life Orb
36 HP 36 Atk 192 SpA 236 Spe
Naive
Herbivore
-Return
-Jump Kick
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

Once Gunk is out of the match, if your opponent has a grass type, bring this deer in on the attack to gain a +1 attack boost, and then start cleaning up. Does a decent job.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I thought Berry Juice wasn't allowed in LC. Did they change that?

Edit: Okay. Thanks!

It was banned in gen 4, however this is gen 5 where we are starting a fresh with all banned mons and items being unbanned.

My personal favourite Shikijika set while I tested it was:-

Shikijika@Life Orb
36 HP 36 Atk 192 SpA 236 Spe
Naive
Herbivore
-Return
-Jump Kick
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

Once Gunk is out of the match, if your opponent has a grass type, bring this deer in on the attack to gain a +1 attack boost, and then start cleaning up. Does a decent job.
Added the set to list.

Btw is That Special attack stat really usable? Kinda pales in comparison to its Attack.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MixShikijika aims to take advantage of Tsutarja craze. And yes, the special attack is usable, Energy Ball is basically for hitting Water types, and Shadow Ball for ghosts. THey should be used only when super effective. Else, you have to use Rteurn and Jump Kick.

I think it sets it to Normal type on a Competitive playing field.
Unfortunately that would leave it very weak to Croagunk and anything with a fighting Priority.
:/

I think it sets it to Normal type on a Competitive playing field.
Unfortunately that would leave it very weak to Croagunk and anything with a fighting Priority.
:/
But isn't Shijika already normal/grass? It'll just remove grass weakness and stab bonus, plus Shijika is already weak to Croagunk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)