December 2011 RU Usage Stats

The only way to beat sigilyph is to pack strong special attackers. It can wall like 99% of all psysical attackers (drapion too), while rotom, manectric and jynx for example can beat it 1 on 1 Even if switching into a cosmic power. specially defensive Eviolite Murkrow seems like a good way of dealing with the psychics.

The metagame will be even more specially based lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only way to beat sigilyph is to pack strong special attackers. It can wall like 99% of all psysical attackers (drapion too), while rotom, manectric and jynx for example can beat it 1 on 1 Even if switching into a cosmic power. specially defensive Eviolite Murkrow seems like a good way of dealing with the psychics.

Crotomb gives siggy a hard time, setting up with it while resting off the burn, best check i can find, works against cress too, but cant do much back

It can wall a lot of physical attackers thanks to burn, but I wouldn't say 99%

Entei will give it absolute grief and any of the toxic-orb sweepers like Swellow should pose a relatively large threat to it. As should anything with Guts really. It also wont appreciate switching into anything that outspeeds it with Stone Edge, though if it's already in they should be reluctant to switch in fearing the burn. A few set up sweepers like Draipion may start taking lum berries because of the annoying bird as well, it wont appreciate a +2 crunch if it can't get that burn off.

Not really, just a dark pokemon that's faster and has taunt

I haven't played with sigilyph for quite a long time but the most common moveset I can remember for it is

Cosmic Power
Psycho Shift
Roost
Stored Power

Come in while it sets up with cosmic power and taunt it, it can't do anything to you since you're a dark type as dark types are immune to psychic moves like stored power

and just smack it with a stab dark move.

Obviously you have to switch in hoping they don't out predict you and burn your dark type counter. Assuming sigilyph does burn you it can't do anything back if it's only attacking move is Stored Power and it can't even recover anymore with roost because of taunt.

Obviously having your physical dark type burnt, sucks so a Cleric or Lum berry would help

Something like Drapion, maybe not care for much if it's burn, if you're mostly using it for support like Toxic spikes, taunt and Whirlwind.

Whimsicott could probably out stall it too, but only if it's carrying worryseed which is a fairly niche move that would only be useful against Clefable and sigilyph.

Whimsicott could probably out stall it too, but only if it's carrying worryseed which is a fairly niche move that would only be useful against Clefable and sigilyph.
worry seed is gimmicky tbh, and takes up a moveslot that would be needed by something else. It does however get taunt, so you can possibly shut it down before it starts setting up. but then you cant do anything back to it. Unless you run max spc atk, modest, LO HP ice or something.

Choice specs accelgor seems like a pretty devastating counter to cresselia, or better yet, a choice band/life orbed durant, that thing resists cresselia's stab and can hit it hard with an x-scissor. problem solved there.

113 | Noctowl | 236 | 0.822% | 186 | 0.762% |

That was entirely me :P

I took it to cover my teams Lilligant weak haha, Noctowl is easily the best Lilligant wall between good Hp/SpD with recovery, Insomnia, Grass/Bug resists and HP ground immunity.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
bouffalant says hi with an immunity to sleep powder, giga drain, can set up on an unboosted hidden power, and KO it with head charge, noctowl just sits there after lilligant goes down

walld

edit: what about Hp rock lilligant

Sabinfrost said:
I took it to cover my teams Lilligant weak haha, Noctowl is easily the best Lilligant wall between good Hp/SpD with recovery, Insomnia, Grass/Bug resists and HP ground immunity.
I'd like to know in what universe does Lilligant use HP Ground or even HP Bug, Sabinfrost.

I'd like to know in what universe does Lilligant use HP Ground or even HP Bug, Sabinfrost.
It doesn't generally carry HP Bug but the resistance is still nice to have in case it does for whatever reason to nail grass types harder and pose an extra threat to Cress. I've seen Lilligant with HP Ground a lot of times for steel/fire/poison as lots of stuff resists grass. Rock and Fire are pretty common but neither give better than neutral on Aggron (as opposed to 4x). There are other coverage holes where Ground can be a better choice, for instance, it will hit Ferroseed for neutral while keeping coverage for Entei, if you run HP Fire while you wont need to worry about Ferroseed, Entei suddenly wrecks you even with boosts.

HP Fighting is another option it might consider for Steels and Sap Sippers (all normal or part normal) which Noctowl is at least neutral to.

Even if it does have HP Rock, Noctowl can still switch in on the sleep powder or boost and whirlwind it out as it lives a +1 hit making it a solid check.

The main reason I mentioned Bug, as I should have specified given you seem to enjoy picking at my posts, is that it also checks Bug Buzz from Accelgor, which was also a hassle as the team I was running had 3 bug weaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)