SM OU DDD M-Charizard X 1807+ ELO (Still climbing in ladder)

Introduction

Hello everyone, this time I'm going to do an RMT on the squad I'm currently using. I wanted to try a team with M-Charizard X and at the same time have a set something out of the standard and effective. So let's go to the squad.
Sin título.png

The Team

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 188 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
Charizard is the pokemon I want to build arround him. With its good combination of types, the offensive presence it imposes and the ease it has to wipe out the rival team if the opponent reacts late makes him one of the best pokemon in the tier. The set I have chosen is a set that is not standard at all.
With this spread Zard-X will always be 2HKO of earthquake / thousand arrows of Scarf Lando-T, Garchomp and Zygarde. It is also 2HKO of Outrage of Zygarde and 31.3% of Garchomp. The rest is destined to Special Defense to increase its bulk. Flare Blitz main stab, Earthquake for Heatran, Toxapex and Tyranitar, Roost and DD recover and boost speed and attack.

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 286-337 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 288-338 (80.2 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 290-344 (80.7 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 218-258 (60.7 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 318-374 (88.5 - 104.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 266-314 (74 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 272-324 (75.7 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 32+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 296-350 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 188 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 280-331 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 188 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 283-334 (78.8 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 248 HP / 188 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 286-337 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Tapu Koko specs is a great partner for Zard-X as it can deal with bulky water and the likelihood of getting rid of Lando-T so it does not cause problems for Charizard. It also acts as a pivot with voltswitch to give momentum to the team.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
Set pretty standard that helps clean the field at the right time with good synergy with Tapu Koko.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
My Stealth Rocks introducer to help the team breaking Focus Sash, etc. Knock Off to remove annoying objects like AV Magearna, Leftovers or Eviolite Chansey. It is also my best way to deal with rain teams.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Defog
With Lando-T I opted for a defensive set with Defog, Earthquake, U-Turn to gain momentum with Tapu Koko and Z-Fly to not depend on Zard or Hawlucha to deal with Tapu Bulu, Tangrowth, etc. I needed a defogger in the team, besides not being a big fan of Spikes + SR + Defog.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
Originally the team was not Clefable, instead had Mantine, but my team had a terrible match up against stall teams with what in the end choose to introduce Clefable. This set can be quite destructive if you can use several Cosmic Power with the addition of Charge Beam and Stored power. Thanks to his ability, he does not care if he gets intoxicated or hazzards that could be in the field. In these cases, the priority in my opinion, is to deal with Toxapex so that you can not remove the boost, the rest is patience to deal with M-Sableye as it is usually the only one immune to Stored Power

Conclusion

It is a team which I am enjoying playing. As I said before, stall teams can become the most tedious teams to deal with this team, it is also worth mentioning that Greninja-Ash or Double Dance Magearna if I do not control them can sweeping the team without problems. Thank you very much everyone for reading this RMT and I appreciate any suggestions that can improve the team.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 188 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:
I'm personally a fan of Stone Edge over Poison Jab on Lucha. Koko is much easier to whittle and nail with acro than Zapdos, and the more Lucha there is in a meta, the more Zapdos comes along to counter it.

Also that Clef is bad. Charge Beam is god-awful, and you've got enough physical bulk that Cosmic Power is basically a waste of time. If you want to late-game sweep, use CM. If you want to be useful early game, use TWave. Trying to get both just leaves you with dead weight, not to mention being completely walled by TTar, Bisharp, etc. The following is the only viable way to use setup clef. People like using CM/Cosmic as a surprise but you just get walled by the psychic checks.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Softboiled

Hey, that's an interesting team you got there! I like Zard-X a lot in this meta although it's quite underrated so it's nice to see it used. Your squad is pretty cool and has some interesting sets but it still struggles a lot against some popular mons and archetypes including Heatran, M-Latios, Greninja and balanced builds in general pressure your team a lot as they tend to run hazard stack with a core of ferro / clef / Heatran (which, by itself, is dangerous for your team) and your team doesn't appreciate repeatedly on hazards as they can weaken your mons to a point where they can't take on breakers (such as the ones I cited above). Also, while I appreciate and respect creativity, I think some of your sets just don't do their job very well and that more standard ones would suit your team better overall.

• My first suggestion would be to change your Zard-X spread. While the calcs you posted are interesting, this spread also gives up a lot of attack and speed, which means that you'll be missing important kos, and that you'll be failing to outspeed important threats like scarf lando-t at +1 speed. For this reason, I would suggest you a simple 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly to maximize your attack and speed and increasing your sweeping potential.
  • After that, I'd suggest a scarf lando-t > flyinium because this offers you speed control, which your team really needs to better check more offensive mons that might pressure your team. It's also a much better defogger that isn't forced out as easily, and can Defog on faster mons, if need be. I'd advise you to run hp fire on it to hit Kartana, Scizor and Ferro to an extent. You don't really need HP ice since Clefable checks Zygarde effectively.
  • Speaking about Clefable, I would really advise you to replace your current set (which I consider inefficient as it doesn't hit that hard and needs too many turns to setup, which means that you have a lot of chances to get crit'd) to a classic stealth rock set, which forms an hazard stack core with ferro. I know dual hazards + Defog seems counterintuitive but it really helps Zard-X and Koko in their tasks so it's worth it.
  • Really simple tweak on Ferrothorn in Spikes > Stealth Rock to have both hazards.
  • Now, I would suggest you Shuca Berry Koko > Choice Specs. This might seem a little weird but I think this set would be better to lure in ground types that annoy Zard-X, makes for a better switchin to Hawlucha, and it's also able to switch moves, which is always great and means you won't be losing as much momentum.
Lastly, as an optional change, I would suggest you Tyranitar > Hawlucha. In fact, I was never really convinced about Hawlucha on this build because, while it gives you a solid cleaner, it also has a lot of shared weaknesses with the rest of the team, such as Koko and Clefable, and doesn't offer much utility-wise. Tyranitar would, I think, fit a lot better because it not only gives you a solid wallbreaker (it also beats m-latias which is an annoying mon), but also gives you a solid answer to threats like Heatran which, as I already said, threaten your team a lot.

However, if you really wanna keep Hawlucha (though I wouldn't recommend that), then I'd advise you Roost > Poison Jab since it helps it to 1v1 lando-t and other various mons better. You don't need jab as you've already got quite a lot of Koko checks and roost just offers it more longevity which is better overall.

Import - here

Last edited:
May I recommend a different clef set? Try cm, sp, moonblast Soft-Boiled. This breaks stall better than charge beam, and if you have max hp and 8 spdef EVs, you can avoid the 2hko from magma storm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)