Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Punishment

So I wanted to build a team around ddance Mega Ttar, so I did. Sets pretty straightforward, not much to explain here. It gets a ddance and it tries to sweep 80% of the time. Stone edge and crunch for stab, ice punch for all the ground types, you get it. Banded Rillaboom (missing 4spdef EVs in the paste but I fixed it in my builder) provides grassy terrain support which is nice for my Ttar to eat EQs and later on my Heatran, and helps break things like bulky ground types and water types. The strong priority is also nice to threaten a lot of the pokemon who are faster than Ttar even at plus one. Superpower was to give it coverage vs Heatran and Ferrothorn, who would usually switch into grassy glide which is what Im going to click 99% of the time anyways. Wood hammer big damage nuke and u turn is just an amazing tool to have for pivoting that I run on nearly every pokemon that gets it.
Heatran is my rocker, threatens many common steels that would otherwise wall the above two members (most notably Scizor who isn’t weak to superpower from Rillaboom), and is overall a very nice pokemon to have because of its quad resists to like a quarter of all the types. It does particularly well against Serp if it’s not HP fire, which is a pokemon that frustrates me to no end so its good to have a pokemon that invalidates its most common sets.
Zapdos is usually my go defogger and bulky physical pokemon. Walls a lot of scary fast physical attacks and can fish for paras just by having pokemon touch it. Absolutely love using this thing. Discharge for obvious STAB and para fishing, heat wave to threaten Ferro and Scizor, and roost and defog for obvious reasons.
Toxapex is a pokemon I’ve started liking a lot recently. It gives me a nice safety net vs a lot of pokemon like Greninja, Weavile, and can haze on setup sweepers and leave then with a toxic or a burn. I’ve had many games where it just came down to Pex vs a mon that just couldn’t break it and they just get toxic stalled to death.
Im going to be honest about my last pick, I rarely if ever build a team without Landorus. He’s just my go to guy and honestly he never seems out of place. Since I already had rocks and defog elsewhere, I decided to go for scarf Lando for the speed control and revenge killing. EQ obviously the main stab, stone edge for all the shit thats above getting hit by EQ, and punishment for exceptionally calm minded Latio twins.
I have no idea if my analysis met the three line on desktop requirement since Im on mobile rn, but I think thats the general idea.

Think these are some solid changes, although theres two small questions I have. First one being, what exactly is Heatrans EV soread for? Never exactly knew what the reason behind the difference between standard spdef in OU and natdex was so I just stuck to the one I use in OU. Second question is what is this versions speed control? The original version had a scarf Lando and priority on Rillaboom, both of which were changed. Also slightly worried about Charizard Y with focus blast, but thats not run very often, and even more infrequently lands.

Think these are some solid changes, although theres two small questions I have. First one being, what exactly is Heatrans EV soread for? Never exactly knew what the reason behind the difference between standard spdef in OU and natdex was so I just stuck to the one I use in OU. Second question is what is this versions speed control? The original version had a scarf Lando and priority on Rillaboom, both of which were changed. Also slightly worried about Charizard Y with focus blast, but thats not run very often, and even more infrequently lands.
Answer carefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)