Dancing in the Rain.

Well this is my first RD team and I have not much to say.
It stacks up pretty good against OU considering the amount of UU/BL's.
So here we go, enjoy and any suggestions appreciated.

Lumineon @ Life Orb - Modest
120 Hp/128 spe/252 sp atk./10 sp def.
-Hp-Grass
-Ice Beam
-Rain dance
-Surf

My lead Lumineon sets up the and deals chunks of damage if not KO'ing opponent.
Hp Grass for coverage, I might do hp Electric though.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb - Modest
32 Hp/216 spe/252 sp atk/8 def
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance
-Surf

This just is beats when Rain is out.
Outspeeds almost anything and Energey Ball > Grass Knot for more power.
32 Hp to keep it alive for a little longer.

Gorebyss @ Life Orb - Modest
48 Hp/208 SPe/252 Sp Atk
-Hp Grass
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Surf

Sometimes I have trouble with RestCune, so Hp Grass is there for all those Naughty Water Types. :D Ice Beam for those Dragons, Psychic for Gengar and SUrf for everything else.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens - Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Substitute
-Waterfall

SubDD Kingdra is a beast in Rain.
This will KO most things, considering DD in the equation.
If I set up a succesful sub I will get in 1 or maybe 2 DD's.
Great late game sweeper.

Celebi @ Leftovers - Timid
252 Hp/80 Sp. Atk/176 Sp.Def
-Earth Power
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Recover

Ahh, the SubSeed Staller.
This thing has saved me in many battles.
Set up a sub, seed em', then recover til they die.

Rotom - W @ Life Orb
4 Hp/252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Shadow Ball

I think this is a nice set for Rotom in the rain.
Hydro and Thunder hit more frequently and Shadow Ball for coverage.

Sorry for the big bump but rate anyway. Thanks :D

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay. So I did face this team and other than the rare priority moves this thing does pretty well.

There is a couple things that puzzle me though. Would Kingdra or Kabutops be a good consideration for this team? The former can easily run a mixed set and 2HKO Blissey: something that your team can struggle without Floatzel (or Bronzong). The latter can at least Swords Dance in the rain and cause devestation with his STAB moves and such. Omastar could definately use Ancientpower as not only does it help at niche times but grabbing a boost 10% of the time is something that's hard to pass up.

I'd think about Electrode for your lead instead of Lumineon. Despite getting ready to sweep Taunt leads are going to screw around with you and I'm not seeing him surviving Aero Stone Edges... but this is preference. If it works for you then by all means continue to use it.

Other than that I like how it's unique from most teams as it uses more UU and BLs (and then that Lumineon).

Honestly get rid of lumineon and gorebyss, their base stats won't allow them to compete in OU. And I highly doubt lumineon can guarantee 1-2 kills considering... it's lumineon.

You also have a serious electric weakness. I think 4 of your guys are weak to it and no one resists electric. Grass is a concern as well.

"I know what your thinking "What the hell? Adamant Bronzong?!""

Care to explain why adamant? For a pokemon that sets up a defensive nature is preferable.

Sticking a Jolteon in there might not be a bad idea.
Your going to be attracting a lot of electric attacks, so just send Jolt in, volt absorb, and either take advantage of 100% accurate thunders, or wish on predicted switches

I also agree that Kingdra would be an excellent choice, swift swim, dragon/water is good typing.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How, exactly, may I ask how it would? It doesn't use Qwilfish and it's still "unique" in its own aspect since you use Gorebyss and Omastar. It's not that they're horrible choices either: it just seems that you could use something that's a bit more offensive physical-wise and Kingdra would still offer the extra push. Kabutops still offers some insane crap but if you're using him I'd think twice about using X-Scissor to rip Celebi and Cresselia to shreds.

How, exactly, may I ask how it would? It doesn't use Qwilfish and it's still "unique" in its own aspect since you use Gorebyss and Omastar. It's not that they're horrible choices either: it just seems that you could use something that's a bit more offensive physical-wise and Kingdra would still offer the extra push. Kabutops still offers some insane crap but if you're using him I'd think twice about using X-Scissor to rip Celebi and Cresselia to shreds.
Why think twice for Kabu?

Don't you think 5 Rain Dance users is a bit of overkill? Rain Dance teams are supposed to get in, sweep, get out. The games they are in generally last 8-15 turns if you are playing an experienced RD user. So once again, I strike the question; Don't you think 5 Rain Dance users is a bit of overkill?

I would personally just drop it to 3 and add in a Electrode lead over Lumineon. Damp Rock would be the good addition. Lumineon is cool but only works in UU and if you are playing in OU, he isn't the best choice, especially since you already have 3 other Pokemon that completely outclass him in Gore, Oma, and Ludi. Bronzong seems cool, although a different nature might not hurt. Consider using a more defensive nature and adding a physical sweeper (Kabutops) over Omastar. Swords Dance / Waterfall / Stone Edge / X-Scissor is a very good set for Celebi and Cresselia who could end up walling you. Drop Rain Dance on Floatzel, you can keep it on Ludicolo if you would like. That is your desicion once again.

Speaking of Floatzel, I have a very "radical" idea (im hip). I suggest dropping him for Dugtrio. Not only will Dugtrio be able to switch in on the many electric attacks coming your way but Dugtrio will TRAP and KILL Tyranitar. I can't tell you how needed this is for a Rain Dance team. Dugtrio can also trap Abomosnow lacking Ice Shard and OHKO with CB Stone Edge. I have noticed that the best Rain Dance teams generally use Dugtrio to trap sandstarters.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Lumineon @ Life Orb - Modest
120 Hp/128 spe/252 sp atk./10 sp def.
-Hp-Grass
-Ice Beam
-Rain dance
-Surf

My lead Lumineon sets up the and deals chunks of damage if not KO'ing opponent.
Hp Grass for coverage, I might do hp Electric though.

Sucks. Lumineon is outclassed by other Swift Swim users thanks to bad stats. A lead for a Rain team should be able to safely prepare Rain Dance and have a Damp Rock (some of your pokes who love rain don't have Rain Dance, so you want Rain to support to last as long as possible). I recommend Bronzong. He can also be used to set up SR and take Salamance Outrages, as no poke on your team can do that, and fight back with Gyro Ball.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb - Modest
32 Hp/216 spe/252 sp atk/8 def
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance
-Surf

This just is beats when Rain is out.
Outspeeds almost anything and Energy Ball < Grass Knot for more power.
32 Hp to keep it alive for a little longer. If Energy Ball < Grass Knot, why is Energy Ball listed instead of GK? Grass Knot hits more pokes in OU harder than Energy Ball, especially the pokes that you would be using Grass Knot on. The only exception to this is Vaporeon, who poses no threat to Ludicolo.

Gorebyss @ Life Orb - Modest
48 Hp/208 SPe/252 Sp Atk
-Hp Grass
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Surf

Ok, but agreeing with other posts, I fail to see why this in place of Omastar. He has better SpA and Speed. Psychic has poor coverage and when super-effective, it does less damage than Surf in the Rain. Replace with Omastar and have Rain Dance instead of Psychic.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens - Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 Hp
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Substitute
-Waterfall

SubDD Kingdra is a beast in Rain.
This will KO most things, considering DD in the equation.
If I set up a succesful sub I will get in 1 or maybe 2 DD's.
Great late game sweeper.

Celebi @ Leftovers - Timid
252 Speed / 252 HP / 4 SAtt
-Psychic
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Recover

Subseeders need to have as much speed as possible, so they outrun more pokes, and can set up a Sub before being hit by an attack. This is especially important for Celebi, as there are so many base 100s (or at least 176 Speed). Psychic > Earth Power for STAB, and to give yourself a move to fight other Grass pokes, especially Breloom.

Rotom - W @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Shadow Ball

Your team needs the Damp Rock more than Rotom needs the LO boost. I also recommend these EVs. Rotom-h has high defenses but poor HP. The HP EVs greatly improve it's durability, and it's not one of the main sweepers in the team; it should be ready to support with Rain Dance.

Lumineon is awful. You HAVE to substitute it, no question. Try the standard Rain lead Azelf:

Azelf@Damp Rock
Naive/Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
~Rain Dance
~Stealth Rock
~Explosion
~Psychic

Rain teams aren't generally all that weak to Stealth Rock so Taunt isn't needed. Fire Blast contradicts Rain Dance which makes it pretty useless. Psychic is just a filler for a little bite. Explosion should be used to take out something that's giving you problems. Stealth Rock is pretty important for Rain teams, as it turns some of the offenses that would be 2HKOs into OHKOs. It's up to you to judge what to use first. You could go with Focus Sash as well here, but Damp Rock is probably better. Bronzong is also a viable option. Azelf is just less viable to Taunt.

Grass Knot is better than Energy Ball in OU. It hits stuff for more than or equal to 80 BP, except Vaporeon. It also slams Gyarados for 120 BP, which is really useful.

Gorebyss is pretty poor. I agree that you could use Omastar, but you should also consider a Physical sweeper to compensate for your lack of Physical power. Kabutops would work well, and it could provide your team with some useful move type coverage.

I've always had much better results with MixDra than DDDra, but I guess this teams needs DDDra since it's the only Physical sweeper. This is why I think you should put something physical over Gorebyss.

If you want a Subseeder, shoot for the faster spread of 252 HP/80 SpA/176 Speed Timid. I don't know if it works all that well for this team, but it's up to you. Rotom is fine, but go with Damp Rock.

My main problems with this team are that the first three Pokemon are pretty much the same thing, and only one of them is really any good in today's metagame (that being Ludicolo). The second problem I have is that (unless you change Gorebyss for Kabutops, which I HIGHLY reccommend) your entire team other than Kingdra is totally walled or stalemated by Blissey.

The first three pokemon are redundant coverage, Grass Ice and Water, Psychic is not included since Rain Boosted surf kills Gengar anyway. The thing about Lumineon is it's just not as powerful as the other rain sweepers, with only 260 max in any attacking stat. Gorebyss is really slow, so scarfers can still kinda hit you, beating down your rain sweeper plus beating out one turn of rain, Omastar is still kinda slow, though if you like the increase in SpAtk (i really like it but the speed is sad) just have two, not three, since 3 repetitive pokemon is kinda dumb, its better using that slot for support, transition pokes or something to beat out other weather teams easier.

Some moveset stuffs, Energy Ball on ludi definitely, I don't see why not, and Vaporeon is a douche anyway, stalling out rain, it's much better to kill him off faster since as you know it outpaces Wish-Protect unless its heavily special defensive, which it normally isn't used for, it still gets crucial 2HKOs on bulky waters anyway, and Gyarados too. I tend to go with MixDra or Special Kingdra as my rain sweeper, generally because i don't like using sub and DD in rain since although you do get it up fast, you don't really need it since the rain already provides you with the speed and the power to sweep, Hydro Pump/Draco Meteor/Waterfall/Raindance or Dragon dance sounds fine, but though SubDDKingdra wins games, in rain i feel its wasted not to use an all out sweeping set. Psychic or Grass Knot over Celebi, over Earth power, since not many things you're going to be hitting with EP are going to be hit for less by GK or Psychic, and Psychic does help you with breloom, GK can help if you're that paranoid of Gyarados.

Change your lead, Lumineon, since it's not very effective in setting up rain dance. DiamondFan mentioned that Azelf lead, and i can see it working for you, but i tend to go taunt over Psychic, just my little bias, but your call.

ohya, your team name sounds familiar. XD Legacy Raider, anyway hope i helped.

Humm most of the things have been covered so far but I will give some tips for your team or w.e. :

1. Cool avatar =] Gengar reading a book rofl.

2. Jolt would fit really nice taking most of the electric types, killing with thunder and recovering some HP.

3. You have lots of Rain Dancers so taking some off woudl be ok.

4. Lumineon? It doesnt have the defences to set the rain unless you give it sash Brick Break blissey woudl kill it rofl. If you want a UU lead go with Qwilfish: (Adamant Nature)
(Swift Swim) (Focus Sash)
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Aqua Tail/Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Explotion/Destiny Bond
Sets rain and noramlly takes one poke down. For OU I woudl go with:
- Floatzel @ Focus Sash/Damp Rock
Jolly Nature (Swift Swim)
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Brick Break/Ice Fang
Deals alot of damage with STAB + Rain. Taunt helps to stop other leads like zong setting up in your face.

5. I have 2 Rain Dance teams. One is OU and the other is UU. Life Orb gorebyss kills about everything on UU when the rain is active (with modest nature). If you want to go to OU then ditch hp grass for hp eletric since hp electric kills gyarados and hp grass is for gastrodon and quagsire which are not common on OU.

Its an ok team, it needs to be fixed a little, keep working and just watch out for those pesky t-tars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)