Dalglish ~ Peaked 35 (Smogon)

Hey there, this is the first UU team I made to try and progress on the ladder, after 49 battles I had a peak rating of 1283 points, but from then on I began to slump and after 100 battles I have a rating of 1150. A combination of hax and not being bothered caused this. Now this brings me here, my team really isnt very good and I really would like to improve itand with the help of "expert" team raters I hope to turn my team from decent to at least very good, now onto my team;

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

Houndoom is my best answer to Mew,Deoxys-D,and Chandelure. If you think you can suggest me a better poke to fit my team and that handles the pokemon mentioned above please speak out because I need help with that field. Anyway, Dual Stab has pretty great neutral coverage, Sucker punch is there to pick-off weakened pokemon and is very useful to me.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

I sure do love technitop, probably the only poke in this team that I am not going to change, with your help I may tinker the moveset to improve it but at the moment I really enjoy using this because many pokes are easily shut down by the Fake Out+Mach Punch combo while CC also fires of a hugely powerful hit, I may be convinced to invest more in speed because milotic and blastoise currently outspeed this set. One problem I face is Mismagius so also foresight could work so please tell me what you think!

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Aqua Jet

Empoleon is really an excellent poke for todays UU metagame and I really enjoy using it. His obvious job is to put up the stealth rocks but he also provides a good switch-in to mismagius and chandelure being able to survive hidden power fight and act accordingly. Roar is very useful to phaze away pokes behind subs and set up sweeper such as CM mismagius and Kingdra. Aqua jet is a little unseen but Darmanitan and victini will normally come in thinking they can clean up with their powerful fire STAB but then find themselves falling to an Aqua jet. It can even help against heracross.

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Specially defensive wall. Spin Blocker. Rest for recovery and Sleep Talk compliments it. Night shade always deal 100 damage and will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers. This thing has problems with Darmanitan and Chandelure. I dont really think I will change its set but if you have a better spread in mind go ahead and tell me.

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Recover
- Spikes
- Taunt

Just the best, this thing needs to leave UU and fast. I run S-toss because I found normal types annoying and now I find ghost annoying, its like I cant win. Its a pretty straight forward moveset, this thing is really good physical wall, great for handling stoutland. I dont think I will change this what so ever.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
Really Good Pokemon, Discharge is really useful because of the paralysis chance and if I get it then ill be able to dish out some good damage. Although trace is useful I find Download to be even more so as it allows me to function as a powerful tank. Walled by Mew unfortuantely.

So thats the team, please be as harsh as you like because I really want to improve this team as much as possible. Otherwise thanks for reading and have a nice day!

i think if you have deoxys you dont need duskclops or vice vera. Dusclops will help tank with porygon but deoxys has speed and recovery, and also resists fighting. I think you could use a supporter for your team, whether it be with screens or heal bell/wish etc. Youre team seems more tank based with houndoom there to try and cover offensive. instead of dusclops try a prankster sableye if youre willing to do dreamworld uu? He can cover dusclop's will o wisp and rapid spin blocking while also taunting pokes with his priority move set. Against a burned opponent and with recover sableye actually becomes hard to take down considering you cant set up whatsoever since he will taunt. then you can take taunt off deoxys and give him thunder wave. You could switch the status moves between the two but the burn is essential to improving sableyes survivability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)