Other Metagames Custom Game Team (300th Post)

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Custom Game Team

listen to this while playing

:eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::regieleki::regieleki::regieleki::arceus-ground::arceus-grass::audino-mega::zekrom::slaking::sableye-mega::ting-lu::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::cramorant-gorging::blissey::chansey:
Yes I know that Custom Game isn't an OM but at it's for sure not anything else either

Introduction

Hi it's me, the Pure Hackmons guy. I like Pure Hackmons. But I've been liking it a bit less these days. The Gen 6 PH metagame has gotten completely stale at this point, with essentially every viable idea having been tried and tested and there being little room for genuine creativity. Gen 9 PH is also flat-out horrible, with games being artificially lengthened by Revival Blessing and Last Respects users ripping teams apart after enough teammates are fainted. Gen 8 PH was funny but it's not current gen anymore so no one is interested in playing it. So I turned to Even Purer Hackmons, where you can use 24 Pokemon, have 24 moves on each mon, and make every Pokemon on the team Level 9999. Because I had played it in past generations and due to its similarity to (Gen 7 and 8) Pure Hackmons, I didn't have much of an issue building a basic outline and improving on it. With Pure Hackmons as a username, people also occasionally challenged me to Custom Game, resulting in opportunities to identify the major threats of the metagame and how to deal with them in the builder.

There are three reasons why I'm making this RMT. One, I don't know why but I get pretty mad when I see someone pretend like they're unbeatable, and it's pretty funny when I prove them wrong (or watch someone else do so). Two, I'm willing to drop/pass teams when people ask anyway so I figured why not post it here. And three, surprisingly it seems like no one's tried making an RMT for Custom Game so here I am.

This team hasn't dropped a single game yet so I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, though I intend on improving it further. I've actually been keeping tabs on my winstreak and so far I'm at 123-0.

Since Custom Game lacks a ladder (and therefore there isn't a means to automatically store my W/L record) I recorded games that satisfied the following conditions:

- Both players are human (this excludes bots like AminitraboTTT which can be challenged to Custom Game)
- The format is specifically [Gen 9] Custom Game and not Doubles/Triples Custom Game or a Custom Game format from any other generation
- Both I and the opponent could reasonably be regarded as trying to win (no joke teams, ingame teams, etc.). For example, if the opponent's running Sturdy Shedinja I would typically take that to mean they are playing to win. Teams featuring level 9999 Pokemon are considered as having been built to win
- Both players chose a move for Turn 1, even if I or the opponent forefited in the middle
- If either I or the opponent left in the middle of a game, it would only be counted if one player would clearly have won (for example, if I had a fully set up Imprisoned Good as Gold Eternamax and the opponent lacked counterplay for it)

I recorded games that fulfilled these conditions immediately after they were played, so as to make sure that every game played was counted. I started recording my record on May 17, 2023 at 7 p.m. PST (GMT -7).

If you don't believe me, here are Replay Scouter stats for my main (I didn't save every game so this is the best you're gonna get):

Teambuilding Process

:chansey::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax:
:eternatus-eternamax::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::arceus-water::arceus:
:arceus-fairy::sableye-mega::mewtwo-mega-x::slaking:

I first created a basic team outline with some Pokemon that were traditionally good in Pure Hackmons (Neutralizing Gas/Magic Bounce Eternamax, Good as Gold fat mons, support Wonder Guard users, Huge Power users, and Shadow Tag trappers) and past generation Custom Game metagames (Pokestar Spirit, Prankster sweepers, offensive Mega Tyranitar, Imposter, Innards Out high-HP mons) and others I expected to work well.

:eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax:
:zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::arceus-ground::arceus-grass:
:audino-mega::tyranitar-mega::slaking::sableye-mega::swampert-mega::ting-lu:
:regieleki::cramorant-gorging::cramorant-gorging::blissey::chansey::chansey:

I then played a few games and completed the outline, resulting in my first draft. I incorporated some more sets that I believed would work well (Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging, Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki, Good as Gold sweeper Eternamax, Poison Heal Ting-Lu, Innards Out Blissey/Chansey). Good as Gold Eternamax in particular is the scariest Pokemon in the game, and I admittedly didn't come up with the idea (thanks EC2Darky on PS, not sure if they have a Smogon).

:eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax:
:zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::arceus-ground::arceus-grass:
:audino-mega::tyranitar-mega::slaking::sableye-mega::swampert-mega::ting-lu:
:regieleki::eternatus-eternamax::cramorant-gorging::blissey::chansey::chansey:

After having completed my first draft, I focused specifically on the movesets, playing games to find each moveset's flaws and what could be improved. I swapped a Cramorant-Gorging for a support Good as Gold Eternamax but that's the only Pokemon difference from my first draft.

:zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::zacian-crowned::regieleki::regieleki::regieleki:
:arceus-ground::arceus-grass::audino-mega::zekrom::slaking::sableye-mega:
:ting-lu::eternatus-eternamax::eternatus-eternamax::cramorant-gorging::blissey::chansey:

After all this I thought about how to make my team more effective, and I decided on preparing for high-level threats (Good as Gold/Prankster Eternamax, Shadow Tag trappers, Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki, Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging, etc.). Huge Power Zekrom threatens Eternamax more effectively than Zacian-C does thanks to STAB Glaive Rush and OHKOes a lot more with priority at +2, TrickScarf Regenerator Regieleki can pass Shed Tails effectively, and Shadow Tag Regieleki traps Cramorant-Gorging with relative ease. As of the time of writing, this is what I'm running.

The Team

:sv/eternatus-eternamax:

Eternatus-Eternamax @ Ability Shield
Ability: Good as Gold
Level: 9999
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Core Enforcer
- Substitute
- Max Guard
- Spore
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Destiny Bond
- Acupressure
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Photon Geyser
- Corrosive Gas
- Gastro Acid
- Thousand Waves
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order
- Sparkly Swirl
- G-Max Volcalith
- G-Max Cannonade
- G-Max Wildfire
- G-Max Vine Lash

Good as Gold sweeper Eternamax is the most dangerous threat in the game, since counterplay is either vulnerable to common teammates or loses the one-on-one if Eternamax has Speed boosts up. Imprison is far too valuable to pass up when Pokemon can run 24 moves, shutting down would-be counterplay by preventing opposing Pokemon from using otherwise problematic moves. Snatch can snatch opposing Imprisons, Substitutes, and non-Extreme Evoboost, Acupressure, or Tidy Up boosting moves, making it an important move to Imprison as well as a potentially useful anti-setup tool. Taunt prevents Neutralizing Gas opponents from setting up Magic Room, which would temporarily disable Good as Gold though negating Ability Shield's effect, and prevents opposing support Pokemon from using Shed Tail, Tidy Up, or Copycat. Core Enforcer is a good anti-setup tool against non-Ability Shield sweepers, as its ability nullification bypasses Substitutes, and 2HKOes opposing Wonder Guard Eternamax at +6. Substitute prevents Eternamax from getting chipped from Salt Cure or Sappy Seed, which it is unable to fit, grants Eternamax additional turns due to it being so bulky, and has other miscellaneous uses (blocking Circle Throw/Dragon Tail/Knock Off/Freezy Frost, fishing for misses if Eternamax has evasion boosts up, scouting Huge Power/No Guard if Eternamax is faster, etc.) Max Guard offers protection against attacks powerful enough to threaten Eternamax, namely crystal-free Z-moves like Mega Mewtwo X's Light That Burns the Sky or boosted Clangorous Soulblaze from Eternamax. It also allows Eternamax to scout for No Guard if Eternamax is slower than the opposing Pokemon.

Spore is used to gain free turns to set up Substitute and boost Speed, and is generally pretty spammable both due to Ability Shield's presence making Safety Goggles harder to justify running and Good as Gold preventing Magic Bounce from screwing Spore Eternamax over. Beat Up is powerful because Custom Game allows you to run 24 Pokemon, meaning at the beginning of the game Beat Up hits 24 times - at +6 it's actually a roll to OHKO non-Fur Coat/Wonder Guard Eternamax. Likewise, Last Respects is ludicrously powerful after most of the team is fainted, as the move doesn't cap and reaches a 4-digit base power after 19 teammates are fainted. Additionally, using Revival Blessing doesn't decrease Last Respects base power, meaning over the course of a game it can potentially reach absolutely ridiculous levels of power even when a large portion of the team is healthy. Both moves allow Eternamax to sweep non-Wonder Guard foes with relative impunity after setting up, but are also part of the moveset so offensive Pokemon don't rip through Eternamax as it is attempting to setup/sweep. Likewise, Destiny Bond being Imprisoned means Prankster users are much less threatening to Eternamax.

*inhales*

Acupressure is the boosting move I chose because Good as Gold Eternamax can't really be forced out once it gets going, meaning there isn't a need to set up quickly with Shell Smash, the premier setup move in Pure Hackmons; a combination of boosting moves, like Quiver Dance + Coil + Minimize, is tougher to run because having to devote 3 moveslots to setup instead of 1 makes fitting other desired moves more difficult. Acupressure, however, doesn't reliably boost Speed, meaning Eternamax needs a Speed-boosting move to reliably set up Substitute against naturally faster foes, like Zacian-C and Regieleki; Rapid Spin does the trick, also clearing hazards and mitigating the threat of Sappy Seed. Haze is essential to Imprison before setting up because it cannot be blocked due to targeting the whole field; it also has some utility against Prankster and opposing Good as Gold sweepers lacking the move, though competent sets will Imprison it.

Now, Beat Up and Last Respects may be enough to deal with non-Wonder Guard foes after boosting, but Wonder Guards are typically not Ghost- or Dark-weak (as blocking both moves is essential). This means that a Mold Breaker move is important for Eternamax to actually sweep the opposing team. I chose Photon Geyser specifically because it synergizes better with the other attacks Eternamax is running than Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam (and G-Max Fireball/Hydrosnipe/Drum Solo are hardcoded to have 0 BP when run as a base move). Of course, because Ability Shield Wonder Guard blocks Mold Breaker moves Photon Geyser by itself is unable to threaten most opposing Wonder Guards with the item, so Corrosive Gas is important to run; taking an extra turn to remove the opposing item isn't a major concern with a Substitute up, since the opponent can't really threaten Eternamax in that situation, so there's not much of a downside to using it in-battle. Although removing opposing Ability Shields on non-Wonder Guards isn't particularly useful due to this team lacking a Neutralizing Gas user, removing opposing Safety Goggles so Spore will affect the foe is appreciated. Gastro Acid somewhat remedies Photon Geyser's relatively low PP, by allowing Eternamax's other attacks to hit opposing Wonder Guard users; this only really works because of Eternamax's attacks being able to KO pretty much every Wonder Guard user given enough turns. Gastro Acid can also remove opposing No Guard and Huge Power after scouting, preventing foes from forcing Eternamax out if it is faster.

oh man

Thousand Waves doubles as Ground-type coverage and a way to trap most Eternamax, Ground-weak Wonder Guard foes like Regieleki and Arceus-Electric, and non-threatening offensive Pokemon like Pixilate/Huge Power Zacian-C or Huge Power Mega Tyranitar if Eternamax has Imprison up. Trapping is particularly effective because Shed Shell is relatively hard to fit (because Ability Shield ignoring Neutralizing Gas and Gastro Acid is often too valuable to pass up) and is removed via Corrosive Gas anyway, and Ghost-types besides Wonder Guard Pokestar Spirit are vulnerable to at least one of Beat Up or Spectral Thief/Last Respects. Spectral Thief allows Eternamax to steal opposing boosts, making foes think twice about mindlessly setting up; it is also an extremely important move to Imprison because it is very common and would prevent Eternamax from effectively setting up otherwise. Reliable recovery in Heal Order is too valuable to forgo; Heal Order specifically has 16 PP due to not being in the current generation, which is relevant in longer games where Eternamax may attempt to set up multiple times. Sparkly Swirl rounds out Eternamax's coverage by allowing it to threaten Pokestar Spirit, and removes paralysis if Eternamax isn't Terastallized, meaning opposing Cramorant-Gorging is less of an issue. Sparkly Swirl also barely misses out on the 2HKO on Innards Out Blissey after Stealth Rock, making opposing Innards Out less effective as a setup deterrent.

Having all four of G-Max Volcalith, Cannonade, Wildfire, and Vine Lash may seem odd, but a common method to deter setup is by spamming these four moves until Eternamax is forced out due to the combined chip damage from all four moves more than offsetting Heal Order recovery. Therefore, it is important to Imprison these moves on Good as Gold Eternamax whenever possible. These moves are also useful against opposing setup Eternamax if they aren't made unusable by Imprison, because it takes a few turns to threaten Eternamax, even with quick boosting via Shell Smash. G-Max Wildfire and Vine Lash also hit Wonder Guard Mega Scizor and Mega Swampert/Arceus-Water/Primal Kyogre, respectively, allowing for chipping them down in tandem with Taunt without using up Photon Geyser PP; G-Max Volcalith also hits the occasional Wonder Guard Gyarados, which I personally don't think is worth using but I've seen it used a couple times so I'm giving it a mention.

I used Good as Gold specifically because it frees up moves that I would other have to Imprison – I originally tried building with a Prankster setup set, which was traditionally the go-to setup sweeper before Gen 8, but I couldn't build an effective set due to there being too many moves to Imprison to make sure setup deterrence wouldn't be an issue. Some moves Good as Gold removes the need to Imprison are Whirlwind/Roar (and by extension Ingrain), Octolock, Perish Song, Encore, Heart Swap, and Magic Coat, as well as moves that would be tough to fit in regardless like Topsy-Turvy, Curse, Psych Up, and Glare. Good as Gold also has the benefit of blocking Magic Bounced/Magic Coated status moves, allowing Eternamax to make use of them more freely. Ability Shield allows for blocking status moves against Neutralizing Gas foes, and Core Enforcer in general if Eternamax hasn't Imprisoned the move yet. Tera Electric is used to prevent Cramorant-Gorging from paralyzing Eternamax, making it much less threatening. A Jolly nature is used to get the jump on opposing neutral-nature Eternamax and Mega Mewtwos as well as positive-nature Arceus formes and Mega Rayquaza, and to outspeed Regieleki after a Rapid Spin use. There is no need for the team to prep for this specific Eternamax moveset, as Eternamax cannot be Transformed into and thus is naturally Imposter-proof, though I made sure to pack multiple checks to Good as Gold Eternamax in general, as it is an extremely potent threat.

Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Normal
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Sleep Talk
- Taunt
- Encore
- Octolock
- Substitute
- Acupressure
- Spore
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Destiny Bond
- Copycat
- Assist
- Heart Swap
- Photon Geyser
- Haze
- Gastro Acid
- Revival Blessing
- Corrosive Gas
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order
- Sparkly Swirl
- Shed Tail
- Ingrain

I'm NOT writing another one of those again

This set provides Prankster support and acts as a full stop against Assist + Revival Blessing teams, by being able to set up and sweep while preparing for moves not called by Assist as well as having both Assist and Revival Blessing Imprisoned. Octolock + Gastro Acid traps and removes non-Ghost types/non-Shed Shell users and Corrosive Gas deals with Shed Shell. Good as Gold users get set up on and broken through. Normal Tera is for Last Respects in the late game if it's not Imprisoned. Try to get Substitute up as early as possible if attempting to set up, since unlike Good as Gold Eternamax this one can get screwed over by Magic Bounce.

Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Dark
Sassy Nature
- Imprison
- Heal Order
- Core Enforcer
- Power Swap
- Spore
- Snatch
- Haze
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Beat Up
- G-Max Resonance
- King's Shield
- Last Respects
- Gastro Acid
- Corrosive Gas
- G-Max Wildfire
- G-Max Cannonade
- G-Max Vine Lash
- G-Max Volcalith
- Revival Blessing
- Spectral Thief
- Tidy Up
- Wish
- Teleport​

Soft checks Good as Gold and Prankster Eternamax, bounces back Spikes/Stealth Rock, and generally more of a setup deterrent than Good as Gold Eternamax because you're not focused on sweeping and so can fit more anti-setup and support options (Power Swap, Tidy Up, G-Max Resonance, Revival Blessing). Tera Dark so boosted Stored Power doesn't annihilate Eternamax, and specially defensive so Stored Power before Tera/Clangorous Soulblaze/boosted Sparkly Swirl after Tera etc. hit slightly less hard.

Eternatus-Eternamax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Max Guard
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Revival Blessing
- Shed Tail
- Tidy Up
- Perish Song
- Substitute
- Aromatherapy
- Corrosive Gas
- Sizzly Slide
- Heart Swap
- G-Max Volt Crash
- G-Max Vine Lash
- G-Max Resonance
- Knock Off
- Milk Drink
- Teleport
- Salt Cure
- Wish

Eternamax is fat enough to run Regenerator to scout weaker offensive Pokemon and sponge CFZs, like Zacian-C's Searing Sunraze Smash and unboosted Clangorous Soulblaze from opposing Eternamax and Mega Rayquaza. G-Max Resonance is actually pretty cool here because you can sit on most offensive mons after Aurora Veil is up, Huge Power users included. Regenerator Shed Tail is also useful for hopefully obvious reasons. The other moves are either nukes (Beat Up, Last Respects), effective support (Sizzly Slide, Knock Off, G-Max Vine Lash, Salt Cure, Wish, Revival Blessing, etc.), or recovery/pivoting. Normalium Z for Trick absorption and the ability to use Z-Perish Song (which works even when Perish Song is Imprisoned) against Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki/Prankster sweeper Eternamax if the player is desperate enough; Tera Dark to eat Huge Power-boosted Beat Ups and Last Respects. Jolly so you outspeed Regieleki at +1.

Eternatus-Eternamax @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Hadron Engine
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Strength Sap
- Sparkly Swirl
- Corrosive Gas
- Stealth Rock
- Sappy Seed
- Rising Voltage
- Substitute
- Max Guard
- Taunt
- Beat Up
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order
- Revival Blessing
- G-Max Vine Lash
- Gastro Acid
- Soak
- Wish
- Teleport
- Tidy Up
- Octolock
- Heart Swap
- Core Enforcer
- Clangorous Soulblaze

Hadron Engine prevents Eternamax and most of its teammates from falling asleep. You have hazards, hazard removal, Octolock trapping, chip from G-Max Vine Lash, item removal, reliable recovery, Wish support, Taunt, Leech Seed, Revival Blessing, and pivoting as your support options. Dragon-type STAB, Sparkly Swirl, and Rising Voltage because Hadron Engine lets your attacks sting a little more. Terrain Extender so Electric Terrain stays for longer. Electric Tera so Rising Voltage hits harder and Cramorant-Gorging doesn't paralyze you; Relaxed nature to eat Beat Ups/Last Respects hits a little better.

Ability: Unaware
Careful Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Tidy Up
- Max Guard
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- G-Max Wildfire
- G-Max Cannonade
- G-Max Vine Lash
- G-Max Volcalith
- Sizzly Slide
- Trick Room
- Misty Terrain
- Mirror Move
- Sparkly Swirl
- Psych Up
- G-Max Befuddle
- Heal Order
- Sappy Seed
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Revival Blessing​

This is supposed to check Good as Gold Eternamax, and actually does a pretty good job with Tera Dark but loses to Stored Power if the opposing Eternamax is boosted enough without Tera. Snatch to steal opposing boosting moves, Tidy Up for Substitute and hazard removal, 4 G-Max moves for 67% chip each turn when spammed, Trick Room/Misty Terrain so opposing boosted Eternamax doesn't Taunt/Spore you as easily. G-Max Befuddle to status the opponent (used over G-Max Volt Crash for when the latter move is Imprisoned). Psych Up doesn't work against Good as Gold but does work against Prankster, so that's another option for the latter. Leech Seed support for additional setup countermeasures. Ability Shield so the opponent can't Gastro Acid Eternamax from the get go. Tera Dark so you're immune to Stored Power and resistant to Beat Up/Last Respects/Power Trip after Tera; Careful nature so Stored Power before Tera hurts a little less (+SpD allows you to always live 2 Stored Power from opposing Eternamax after 3 Shell Smashes).

:sv/zacian-crowned:

Zacian-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Comatose
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Revival Blessing
- Chatter
- Copycat
- Magical Torque
- Blazing Torque
- Wicked Torque
- Noxious Torque
- Combat Torque
- G-Max Volt Crash
- G-Max Stun Shock
- G-Max Stonesurge
- G-Max Steelsurge
- G-Max Foam Burst
- G-Max Wind Rage
- G-Max Volcalith
- G-Max Sandblast
- G-Max Finale
- Searing Sunraze Smash
- Light That Burns the Sky
- Let's Snuggle Forever
- Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
- Catastropika
- Max Guard

Comatose + Sleep Talk lets you call moves regardless of their PP, so Comatose + Sleep Talk + Revival Blessing is used to call Revival Blessing more than once without needing to use Leppa Berry/Lunar Dance teammates. Remarkably, Chatter and the Torques aren't called by Sleep Talk, so I'm free to use them since Revival Blessing calling isn't interfered with. Additionally, all six of these moves hit relevant Wonder Guards, making them genuinely useful to have; Dynamax Cannon also isn't called by Sleep Talk but it doesn't seem worth running on Zacian-C. G-Max moves and CFZs are also not called by Sleep Talk, so I chose ones that offered utility, targeted Wonder Guards that the Torques/Chatter miss out on, or offered a little extra oomph against non-Eternamax foes. Max Guard for scouting and extra Leftovers recovery. Leftovers is used over Choice Scarf so I'm not instantly on a timer, and Tera Normal is for becoming Last Respects immune (though you're realistically never going to want to Tera anyway).

Zacian-C is used over Eternamax because it's less passive; Eternamax may use Dynamax Cannon and Clangorous Soulblaze effectively, but these honestly don't compare to Magical Torque/Let's Snuggle Forever/Searing Sunraze Smash on Zacian-C.

Zacian-Crowned @ Ability Shield
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Taunt
- Sheer Cold
- Fissure
- Sing
- Substitute
- Magical Torque
- Bolt Beak
- Fishious Rend
- Dynamic Punch
- Double Iron Bash
- Power Whip
- Thousand Arrows
- Revival Blessing
- Beat Up
- Encore
- Gastro Acid
- Corrosive Gas
- Spikes
- Octolock
- Max Guard
- Spectral Thief
- Stone Axe
- Heal Order​

No Guard Zacian-C threatens pretty much everything and has the tools to get past every potential check with Corrosive Gas + Gastro Acid. OHKO to, well, OHKO every relevant non-Wonder Guard/Sturdy opponent. Coverage to target Wonder Guard users (and random crap that Sheer Cold and Fissure can't hit like Articuno and Air Balloon Kyurem-B). Sing to put even opposing Safety Goggles users/foes behind a Substitute to sleep, Octolock for trapping, Heal Order for reliable recovery, Revival Blessing because it's broken, Encore to more easily dismantle the opposing Pokemon, Spikes to complement Stone Axe, Max Guard for universal protection. Ability Shield so No Guard works against Neutralizing Gas users, Tera Dark so Prankster can't Encore/Copycat Zacian-C, and Jolly nature so you outspeed base 135s and 140s, as well as opposing neutral nature Zacian-C.

No Guard Zacian-C over Regieleki because it actually threatens Wonder Guards, with higher Attack and STABs that target common Wonder Guards in Pokestar Spirit and Arceus-Fairy.

Zacian-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Beat Up
- Magical Torque
- Double Iron Bash
- Sappy Seed
- Sizzly Slide
- Collision Course
- Bolt Beak
- Thousand Arrows
- Stone Axe
- Fishious Rend
- Corrosive Gas
- Max Guard
- Heal Bell
- Revival Blessing
- Heal Order
- Spectral Thief
- Substitute
- Spikes
- Strength Sap
- Tidy Up

Shadow Tag Zacian-C because it's fast, has a good defensive typing, and is bulky enough to trap pretty much everything it wants to. Encore to screw the foe over and Perish Song to remove them if Zacian can't hit hard enough to do so by attacking; coverage to just break through them if they're something passive like a non-Ghost type Wonder Guard user. Tidy Up/Heal Bell/Revival Blessing/Heal Order/Spikes/Stone Axe/Sappy Seed/Substitute to take advantage of turns the opponent is jammed from Encore. Leftovers for passive recovery, Tera Electric so Zacian doesn't get paralyzed by Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging, and Jolly nature to outspeed as much as you can so you can Encore into Perish Song.

:sv/regieleki:

Regieleki @ Leftovers
Naive Nature
- Imprison
- Taunt
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Bolt Beak
- Strength Sap
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Max Guard
- Revival Blessing
- Spore
- Sparkly Swirl
- Corrosive Gas
- Sappy Seed
- Sizzly Slide
- Gastro Acid
- Destiny Bond
- Stone Axe
- Sticky Web
- Substitute
- Shed Tail
- Heal Order
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Spikes

A second Shadow Tag trapper because it's broken. Regieleki can trap a wider array of Pokemon due to its higher Speed, as well as trap Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging safely thanks to its Electric typing, but is harder to get in because it's frailer than Zacian-C. Encore + Perish Song removes the foe, Spore grants additional turns for Regieleki to do as it wishes, and Spikes/G-Max Volt Crash/Sizzly Slide/Sticky Web/Substitute/Heal Order/Sappy Seed/Revival Blessing etc. can be used to take advantage of the free turns from Encore and Spore. Gastro Acid is necessary to actually hit everything, since Regieleki couldn't fit all the coverage needed. And Beat Up and Last Respects hit hard. Naive nature so all attacks hit as hard as possible and because Clangorous Soulblaze (and Boomburst/Clanging Scales?) are the only real Substitute-bypassing special moves. Leftovers for passive healing, and Tera Normal for Last Respects immunity, though the Electric typing is almost always beneficial to Regieleki's function.

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Trick
- Shed Tail
- Heal Order
- Destiny Bond
- Tidy Up
- Revival Blessing
- Encore
- Spectral Thief
- Salt Cure
- Max Guard
- Substitute
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Clear Smog
- Nature's Madness
- Bolt Beak
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Sappy Seed
- G-Max Sandblast​

TrickScarf Regenerator Regieleki makes for a good lead since it leaves the player with multiple options that can leave the opponent in the backfoot: Tricking a Choice Scarf onto a passive mon allows you to set Shed Tail, and using Shed Tail outright lets you bring in an offensive teammate behind a Substitute while preserving your Choice item for later. Shed Tail to pass Substitutes while taking advantage of Regenerator, and Trick to screw passive foes over. Beat Up/Last Respects/Bolt Beak for damage. After Tricking the opponent, you have a ton of support options: Spore to sleep the foe, G-Max Sandblast to trap and chip them, Sappy Seed/Salt Cure/Tidy Up/Encore/Clear Smog/G-Max Volt Crash/Nature's Madness to annoy setup sweepers, Sticky Web for general support, Max Guard for protection, and Heal Order for reliable recovery. Destiny Bond lets you remove an annoying offensive Pokemon, though in most games you won't have to use it due to Regieleki annoying offensive foes anyway. Jolly to outspeed as much as possible (and to outspeed +2 positive nature Eternamax and +2 neutral nature Zacian-C with Choice Scarf), and Tera Dark for Prankster immunity and Beat Up/Last Respects resistances.

Regieleki @ Ability Shield
Ability: Wonder Guard
Naive Nature
- Imprison
- Double Shock
- Magic Room
- Corrosive Gas
- Ingrain
- Take Heart
- Taunt
- Perish Song
- Sleep Talk
- Copycat
- Acupressure
- Power Trip
- Heal Order
- Octolock
- Water Spout
- Substitute
- Haze
- Gastro Acid
- Destiny Bond
- Heart Swap
- Magic Coat
- Encore
- Revival Blessing
- Sparkly Swirl​

Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki is a potent threat because it's free to do pretty much whatever it wants once it becomes typeless with Double Shock and disables any potentially problematic moves with Imprison. Magic Room, Perish Song, Sleep Talk, Copycat, Haze, Heart Swap, Encore, and Destiny Bond are on the set primarily so the opponent is unable to use them after Imprison is up, making opposing Pokemon unable to disable Regieleki's Ability Shield, copy the same moves, remove stat changes, lock Regieleki into a move, force Regieleki to attack, and threaten Regieleki with Prankster Destiny Bond. Corrosive Gas and Revival Blessing is also important to Imprison, but do have genuine uses in removing Wonder Guard users' items when sweeping and reviving teammates. Ingrain prevents Whirlwind from phazing Regieleki. I didn't know Take Heart existed until about a month ago, but apparently it's a better Refresh as it heals Regieleki's status and grants a Calm Mind boost. Taunt makes it easier to set up when Regieleki blocks every attack besides Struggle after using Double Shock. Acupressure lets Regieleki boost to oblivion given enough turns, and Power Trip OHKOes everything bar Fur Coat Eternamax after fully setting up. Heal Order is reliable recovery.

Last Respects hits hard after many teammates are fainted, and also targets Wonder Guard Flutter Mane. Substitute lets Regieleki avoid status, Leech Seed, and a lot of what would prevent it from setting up and sweeping. Gastro Acid removes Wonder Guard after trapping them with Octolock and removing Ability Shields with Corrosive Gas. Magic Coat can bounce back Sings from No Guard users after Imprison, and a multitude of other annoyances if Regieleki hasn't Imprisoned yet. And Sparkly Swirl targets Wonder Guard Pokestar Spirit, which cannot be trapped by Octolock, and can heal the entire team's status if it hits and damages the foe. Naive nature lets Regieleki outspeed as much as possible without sacrificing power on any attack, and Tera Dark allows Regieleki to ignore Prankster Curse from Ghost-types like Giratina (though you're pretty much never going to want to Tera).

:sv/arceus-ground:

Arceus-Ground @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Taunt
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Spectral Thief
- Sappy Seed
- Bonemerang
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Substitute
- Magic Room
- Tidy Up
- Max Guard
- Switcheroo
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Heal Order
- Stone Axe
- Sizzly Slide
- Bolt Beak
- Revival Blessing
- Spikes
- Sparkly Swirl
- Corrosive Gas
- Gastro Acid

Traps Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki sets like the one above, and KOes them with Bonemerang (in case the opponent is actually running Focus Sash No Guard Regieleki). Has a bunch of support attacks (Spectral Thief, Sappy Seed, Stone Axe, Sizzly Slide, Bolt Beak, Sparkly Swirl, etc.) so it can hit a large portion of Wonder Guards while also annoying less powerful foes after Tricking its Choice Scarf. Magic Room can be used if you don't want to Trick but still want the freedom to choose moves. Perish Song/Revival Blessing/Corrosive Gas/Gastro Acid/Beat Up/Last Respects/Substitute/G-Max Volt Crash should be obvious by now. Switcheroo to mess up a non-offensive foe (I originally ran Trick but Bahamut says Switcheroo is less known and is therefore the safer bet against Pokemon with Imprison). Jolly to outspeed Regieleki with Choice Scarf and Tera Electric to trap Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging without getting paralyzed.

:sv/arceus-grass:

Arceus-Grass @ Ability Shield
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Substitute
- Tidy Up
- Knock Off
- Salt Cure
- Sappy Seed
- Foresight
- Buzzy Buzz
- G-Max Wildfire
- G-Max Cannonade
- Lovely Kiss
- Max Guard
- Revival Blessing
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Topsy-Turvy
- Sizzly Slide
- Freezy Frost
- Heal Order
- Strength Sap
- Dragon Tail

Infiltrator lets you annoy opposing Good as Gold and Prankster Eternamax for a turn or two. Tidy Up for Substitute removal, Knock Off for item removal, Salt Cure and Sappy Seed to force recovery every so often (you can Sappy Seed then swap to Unaware Eternamax against Good as Gold sweepers), Buzzy Buzz to paralyze, G-Max moves to chip, Sizzly Slide to burn Zacian-C and whatnot, Freezy Frost to remove Shell Smash boosts, Dragon Tail to phaze. Reliable recovery, Beat Up/Last Respects, and Revival Blessing are cool and good too. Lovely Kiss over Spore to put Safety Goggles foes and Imposter users to sleep. Ability Shield is not so much for Neutralizing Gas as it is to block Gastro Acid for that crucial turn that you wanna be able to click Sappy Seed vs. Good as Gold Eternamax. Tera Ghost for Shadow Tag trapping. Arceus-Grass is used over Eternamax because it's immune to Spore and I haven't seen Lovely Kiss much, meaning sleep is much less of an issue.

:sv/audino-mega:

Audino-Mega @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Ground
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Strength Sap
- G-Max Resonance
- Snatch
- Spore
- Heal Order
- Haze
- Substitute
- Last Respects
- Taunt
- Beat Up
- King's Shield
- Teleport
- Sappy Seed
- Revival Blessing
- Gastro Acid
- Ceaseless Edge
- G-Max Smite
- Corrosive Gas
- Power Swap
- Spectral Thief
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sizzly Slide
- Tidy Up

Mega Audino actually has a really nice typing, since it resists Beat Up while being immune to Last Respects, meaning you hardwall unboosted Eternamax and other Pokemon not packing coverage for Audino. Magic Bounce Snatch/G-Max Resonance/hazard removal/King's Shield are always appreciated, STAB Sparkly Swirl still doesn't hit super hard but it's something, and slow pivoting is quite useful. The support options Audino has (Sappy Seed/Revival Blessing/Sizzly Slide/Power Swap/Spectral Thief, etc.) are useful against setup and offensive threats alike. Shed Shell for Shadow Tag and other forms of trapping. Relaxed nature because, frankly, Audino needs the extra bulk in a format with such a high power level, and Tera Ground blocks Wonder Guard Regieleki's Double Shock in a pinch.

:sv/zekrom:

Zekrom @ Ability Shield
Ability: Huge Power
Naughty Nature
- Imprison
- Shell Smash
- Glaive Rush
- Zippy Zap
- Max Guard
- Bolt Beak
- Ice Shard
- Beat Up
- Substitute
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sappy Seed
- Collision Course
- Bonemerang
- Double Iron Bash
- Stone Axe
- Photon Geyser
- Spore
- Bitter Blade
- Spectral Thief
- Hold Back
- Heal Order
- Ceaseless Edge
- Clangorous Soulblaze
- Revival Blessing​

I wanted a Huge Power attacker because all the setup sweeper checks lose to raw power (besides Innards Out users I guess but Zekrom has options against those as well). Zacian-C was underwhelming against Neutralizing Gas Eternamax and sweeper Regieleki, and Mega Mewtwo X/Primal Groudon had issues with faster Pokemon and Cramorant-Gorging due to their inability to Tera. Zekrom was an unlikely choice, but it actually worked significantly better due to being innately immune to paralysis while simultaneously OHKOing most Eternamax after a Shell Smash and dealing with potential priority with boosted Huge Power Zippy Zap. Shell Smash lets Zekrom outspeed non-Choice Scarf foes after a use, and lets Zekrom go ham against pretty much everything. Glaive Rush and Zippy Zap are crazy STABs that take care of essentially the entire non-Wonder Guard metagame; +2 Zippy Zap OHKOes Regieleki, Zacian-C, Mega Mewtwo X, and neutral Arceus without a +Def nature from full, while also outspeeding every attack bar Fake Out after Shell Smash. Zippy Zap also raises evasion, which adds up after multiple uses. Physical coverage for Wonder Guards, except Sparkly Swirl which hits hard at +2, lets Zekrom act as a cleric while sweeping and usually OHKOing neutral nature Pokestar Spirit from full after a Shell Smash anyway. Photon Geyser for Air Balloon Regieleki; Ice Shard/Hold Back for Mega Rayquaza/extremely weakened Eternamax and Innards Out Blissey/Chansey respectively. Spectral Thief/Spore/Ceaseless Edge/Revival Blessing are nice anti-setup and support options, Heal Order is reliable recovery, Clangorous Soulblaze lets you break through weakened Fur Coat Eternamax, and Max Guard for scouting and absorbing CFZs, which ignore evasion. Ability Shield so you destroy Neutralizing Gas Eternamax after Shell Smash, Naughty nature for Glaive Rush, Zippy Zap, and Sparkly Swirl rolls, and Tera Dark for Beat Up/weaker Last Respects hits and Prankster immunity.

:sv/slaking:

Slaking @ Ability Shield
Adamant Nature
- Imprison
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Aromatherapy
- Max Guard
- Extreme Speed
- Shed Tail
- Spectral Thief
- G-Max Befuddle
- Sappy Seed
- Wish
- Heal Order
- Strength Sap
- Beat Up
- Corrosive Gas
- Knock Off
- Tidy Up
- Revival Blessing
- Last Respects
- Perish Song
- Octolock
- Veevee Volley
- V-create
- Safeguard​

A good support Wonder Guard that can also pack a punch against non-Eternamax foes if necessary. Shed Tail for bolstering offensive/setup teammates, G-Max Befuddle for status in case G-Max Volt Crash is Imprisoned, and Sappy Seed/Aromatherapy/Knock Off/Corrosive Gas/Tidy Up/Perish Song/Wish/Safeguard/Spectral Thief/Revival Blessing for support, hazard removal, and setup deterrence. Extreme Speed for Priority, Beat Up/Last Respects for damage, and V-create to OHKO Zacian-C with slight chip in the early game. Octolock for trapping and Veevee Volley for frail evasion boosted foes. Max Guard for protection. Magic Coat to threaten bouncing back Taunt/Spore/Sing from No Guard foes, etc. Adamant to hit hard, Ability Shield for Neutralizing Gas and Gastro Acid, and Tera Ghost for Shadow Tag (even if it means becoming weak to Beat Up/Last Respects. Slaking over Arceus because Focus Blast/Aura Sphere are not real.

:sv/sableye-mega:

Pokestar Spirit (Pokestar Spirit-Prop) @ Ability Shield
Tera Type: Fairy
Impish Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Beat Up
- Curse
- Last Respects
- Max Guard
- Substitute
- Shed Tail
- Aromatherapy
- Revival Blessing
- Core Enforcer
- Tidy Up
- Perish Song
- Whirlwind
- Ingrain
- Corrosive Gas
- Gastro Acid
- Teleport
- Magic Powder
- Spectral Thief
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Roost​

Solid Wonder Guard because it's not vulnerable to Shadow Tag, gets STAB Beat Up/Last Respects, and has a manageable mono-Fairy weakness. Ghost-type Curse for Prankster sweeper Eternamax and Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki; Shed Tail for offensive/setup teammates. You know the drill by now: Aromatherapy/Tidy Up/Taunt/Magic Powder/Corrosive Gas/Gastro Acid/Shed Tail/Revival Blessing for support, Tidy Up/Spectral Thief/G-Max Volt Crash/Perish Song/Whirlwind/Snatch/Taunt/Magic Coat for setup deterrence, and Max Guard/Roost/Teleport/Shed Tail to scout, heal, and retain momentum. Magic Powder to threaten opposing non-Safety Goggles/Grass-types with both Beat Up and Last Respects, and to annoy Wonder Guard Regieleki not behind a Substitute. Impish so you eat stray Sunsteel Strikes after losing Ability Shield, and Tera Fairy to change up Pokestar Spirit's weaknesses as a Wonder Guard.

Contrary to popular belief, Wonder Guard Spirit is far from invincible and you should only really be using it as a No Guard switch-in, momentum retainer, and check to Prankster/Wonder Guard setup sweepers.

:sv/ting-lu:

Ting-Lu @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Steel
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Revival Blessing
- Spectral Thief
- Knock Off
- Precipice Blades
- Beat Up
- Tidy Up
- Snatch
- Sappy Seed
- Shed Tail
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Power Swap
- Sizzly Slide
- Max Guard
- Aromatherapy
- Perish Song
- Core Enforcer
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order
- Substitute
- Haze
- Teleport
- Whirlwind
- Ceaseless Edge

Poison Heal blocking status is useful against everything, and its passive healing is also really nice (though you do have to be careful against Gastro Acid/Neutralizing Gas users). It's also fun to build with because it gives me an excuse to run a defensive Pokemon other than Eternamax. Ting-Lu is actually pretty good here because it's resistant to Beat Up and Last Respects (and has STAB Beat Up), has a Prankster immunity, and blocks Regieleki's Double Shock while threatening it with Ground-type STAB. Knock Off for item removal when Taunted and slight chip; Precipice Blades to OHKO Regieleki. Tidy Up/Snatch/Sappy Seed/G-Max Volt Crash/Power Swap/Perish Song/Magic Coat/Haze/Whirlwind act as setup deterrence against primarily Prankster and random Magic Guard (?) setup sweepers that disable some, but not all, universal setup counterplay while having more specific answers. And Sizzly Slide/Sappy Seed/Aromatherapy/Ceaseless Edge/Shed Tail/Revival Blessing act as team support. Relaxed nature because Ting-Lu underspeeds basically everything anyway and it lets Ting-Lu eat Beat Ups and early- to mid-game Last Respects hits more easily. Tera Steel to surprise Zacian-C using STAB against Ting-Lu, though you're using it for the typing and so are realistically never using Tera on this.

Eternatus-Eternamax @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Teleport
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Shed Tail
- Max Guard
- Revival Blessing
- Aromatherapy
- Safeguard
- Wish
- Heal Order
- Sizzly Slide
- Whirlwind
- Ruination
- Heart Swap
- Assist
- Tidy Up
- Substitute
- Spectral Thief
- Salt Cure
- Chatter
- Ceaseless Edge

Sturdy Eternamax over a Wonder Guard so you can eat coverage from No Guard foes - this means that you should usually use Sturdy Eternamax to scout potential No Guard users like Regieleki and Calyrex-S. Due to set unpredictability, you're switching this Eternamax in on a wide variety of foes, at least in the early game – I made its moveset with this in mind. Magic Coat to bounce back disruption, most notable among them Sing from No Guard users. Shed Tail for team support, Assist to temporarily stave off Assist + Revival Blessing teams if my hardcounter (Prankster Eternamax, way up near the top) is fainted, and use Revival Blessing myself so I can switch to it and win. Chatter/Salt Cure/Tidy Up/Whirlwind/Ruination/Heart Swap/Spectral Thief for setup deterrence. Ceaseless Edge to set hazards. Safety Goggles so Eternamax is immune to Spore and Magic Powder, and Tera Ghost for opposing Shadow Tag trappers.

Ability: Fur Coat
Jolly Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Sizzly Slide
- Max Guard
- Beat Up
- Last Respects
- Revival Blessing
- Tidy Up
- Core Enforcer
- G-Max Resonance
- Safeguard
- Shed Tail
- Heal Order
- Teleport
- Wish
- Sappy Seed
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Perish Song
- Spectral Thief
- Substitute
- Whirlwind
- Clangorous Soulblaze
- Heal Bell​

Fur Coat Eternamax because even with Eternamax's ridiculous bulk, there are competent sets, mostly physical due to Huge Power's existence, that can potentially break through it (and I want to save Innards Out for even crazier threats, in particular Good as Gold Eternamax). Magic Coat for Spore/Taunt/a slew of other annoying status moves, Sizzly Slide to burn, G-Max Resonance for screens, Core Enforcer for ability removal, Beat Up/Last Respects/Clangorous Soulblaze for damage (and omniboosting for the latter move), Snatch/Taunt/Magic Coat/Spectral Thief/Perish Song/Whirlwind/Safeguard/Tidy Up/Substitute/Sappy Seed for setup deterrence, and Sappy Seed/Heal Bell/Revival Blessing/Shed Tail/Wish + Teleport for team support. Heal Order for reliable recovery. Ability Shield so you wall random Neutralizing Gas Shell Smash mons and Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X's Photon Geyser/Light That Burns the Sky doesn't break through Eternamax. Jolly nature because Eternamax doesn't need any extra bulk and you want to outspeed neutral nature Mega Mewtwo X and positive nature Mega Rayquaza; Tera Dark so you wall pretty much every Beat Up/Last Respects user, even in the late game, and are immune to Prankster.

:sv/cramorant-gorging:

Cramorant-Gorging @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gulp Missile
Relaxed Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Surf
- Beat Up
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Power Swap
- Tidy Up
- Core Enforcer
- Perish Song
- Corrosive Gas
- Endure
- Heal Order
- Teleport
- Chatter
- Substitute
- Max Guard
- Last Respects
- Revival Blessing
- Haze
- G-Max Foam Burst
- Aromatherapy
- Odor Sleuth​

Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging is interesting because you can swap it in on a runaway (non-Electric type/Comatose) sweeper to paralyze it, making it significantly easier to deal with if the opponent attacks. Glossing over moves I've already mentioned a ton, Surf to reset Gulp Missile, Power Swap to remove offensive stat boosts in a pinch, Corrosive Gas to remove random items from non-Good as Gold/Magic Bounce users, Endure to eat an additional hit if needed, Chatter to confuse even if the opponent's behind a Substitute, G-Max Foam Burst to lower the opponent's Speed further (even when behind Substitute), Aromatherapy to be a cleric, and Odor Sleuth to ignore evasion boosts. Focus Sash to come in again later in the game, Relaxed nature to eat physical hits slightly more easily, and Tera Ghost for STAB Last Respects Shadow Tag.

:sv/blissey:

Blissey @ Ability Shield
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Gentle Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Tidy Up
- Nature's Madness
- Shore Up
- Wish
- Taunt
- Boomburst
- Worry Seed
- Max Guard
- Power Swap
- G-Max Smite
- Teleport
- Magic Coat
- Snatch
- Whirlwind
- G-Max Stonesurge
- Topsy-Turvy
- Corrosive Gas
- Shell Smash
- Revival Blessing
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass
- Metal Burst
- Last Respects
- Final Gambit

Innards Out Blissey so you die to almost any physical attack in 1 hit, removing both Blissey and the attacker. There's no Imprison on this set because it's unnecessary – you're sending it in to faint anyway so it isn't sticking around long enough to take advantage of it. Shell Smash + Boomburst to provide a smidgen of offensive pressure against frailer foes, Final Gambit to force the trade right away if Blissey's at or near full, and Metal Burst to punish the opponent for attacking even if Blissey is not KOed. Worry Seed in case Gastro Acid is Imprisoned (and to scout opposing Abilities if they're unrevealed and not obvious), Nature's Madness to chip, Transform to scout and scare offensive threats, Revival Blessing to revive a teammate, and G-Max Stonesurge for hazard setting. Taunt/Magic Coat/Snatch/Whirlwind/Transform/Tidy Up/Nature's Madness/Power Swap/Topsy-Turvy are setup deterrence. Last Respects to MAYBE hurt neutral foes once enough teammates have fainted. Shore Up for reliable recovery and Wish + Teleport to support teammates. Ability Shield so you can toss Blissey in against Neutralizing Gas foes if needed, Gentle nature with minimum physical bulk so Blissey dies to as many physical attacks as possible, and Tera Ghost so Hold Back/False Swipe don't screw Blissey over and Shadow Tag users doesn't remove it with Encore + Perish Song.

:sv/chansey:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Imprison
- Snatch
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Substitute
- Shed Tail
- Beat Up
- Chatter
- G-Max Volt Crash
- Power Swap
- Max Guard
- Spikes
- Tidy Up
- Transform
- Perish Song
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind
- Fake Out
- Spectral Thief
- Final Gambit
- Wish
- Heal Order
- Core Enforcer
- Revival Blessing​

Imposter Chansey's still useful in a Neutralizing Gas metagame, because Neutralizing Gas users are centralizing but not top-tier in-battle, since many Pokemon will attempt to gain an advantage by running Ability Shield and a different Ability, giving them an inherent advantage in most cases. Because Chansey's moves will only be useful when not Transformed (when the opponent is behind a Substitute, the foe is an Illusion user, or the opposing Pokemon is a Transformed Imposter user themselves), Chansey's moveset has a few quirks: Chatter to confuse through Substitutes, Tidy Up for Substitute removal, Transform for manual transformation if the foe's Substitute is broken or they switch, Fake Out to break Illusion (and Beat Up to hit Ghost-types), Whirlwind to force the opponent out, Shed Tail to bolster an offensive teammate, and Core Enforcer for Substitute-bypassing Ability removal if the foe isn't running Ability Shield. Bold nature to tank physical hits more easily, Eviolite so Chansey is even bulkier when Transformed, and Tera Dark for Prankster immunity and to more easily take Beat Up and Last Respects hits when Transformed.

Threatlist

I don't think this team is genuinely vulnerable to any one strategy (though I would like more Rapid/Mortal Spin to deal with Taunt + hazard setting), since I can fit counterplay against pretty much everything. I'll just list the most prevalent threats and how to play around them:

Good as Gold Eternamax – This is the only threat that genuinely threatens to 24-0 (I think), since you can't use Prankster to any meaningful effect against competent sets and there aren't any real weaknesses to take advantage of. Try to get Arceus-Grass in while healthy and use Sappy Seed, then Salt Cure if the situation permits. Then switch to Unaware Eternamax and use G-Max Wildfire/Cannonade/Vine Lash/Volcalith to chip Eternamax through Substitute. If need be you can Tera Dark Eternamax so it doesn't get broken through with Stored Power but Tera should be conserved whenever possible. If things get REALLY dire you can toss a Cramorant-Gorging (if Eternamax isn't Tera Electric) or Innards Out Blissey if doing so allows Eternamax to be KOed.

Prankster Eternamax – Not as hard to deal with because Dark-types are Prankster immune and you can affect it with status moves, but is harder to deny the initial setup against. Use Infiltrator Arceus-Grass/Ting-Lu/Good as Gold, Unaware, Magic Bounce, and Prankster Eternamax/Mega Audino to remove any boosts, or annoy it with residual damage from G-Max moves/Sappy Seed/Salt Cure. Since Prankster doesn't ignore anything, Prankster Eternamax will be unable to fit everything it wants to into 24 moveslots, meaning there is always something usable to disable/remove/disrupt setup and any boosts acquired. You can toss Blissey/Cramorant-Gorging if necessary but in most games it shouldn't come to that.

Wonder Guard Sweeper Regieleki – You really only need to block Double Shock (so Regieleki is vulnerable to Ground-type coverage) and block Imprison if possible. Wonder Guards and Ting-Lu are able to block the former, and Snatch users can discourage Regieleki using Imprison. If opposing Regieleki gets both off, you can annoy it with Perish Song/Heart Swap/Power Swap/Tidy Up/Magic Powder/Haze/Whirlwind if no Ingrain/Pokestar Spirit's Curse/Prankster Eternamax's Copycat if they aren't Imprisoned. If all else fails, you can use Z-Perish Song on Regenerator Eternamax, which bypasses Imprison and Taunt.

Other Setup Sweepers – I've seen a couple weird Magic Guard sets but they shouldn't be that hard to dismantle; you can use the same mons as against Prankster sweepers, bar Blissey and Arceus-Grass to an extent.

Gulp Missile Cramorant-Gorging – Tera Electric on Good as Gold Eternamax if it wins you the game. Zekrom destroys it, Shadow Tag Regieleki traps it, Poison Heal Ting-Lu absorbs Gulp Missile thanks to being poisoned, and you can heal the paralysis induced with Sparkly Swirl/Heal Bell/Aromatherapy later anyway.

No Guard – Switch in Sturdy Eternamax specifically if you suspect No Guard, since with 24 moveslots No Guard users will have the coverage to hit Slaking and Pokestar Spirit (do note that a strong enough Last Respects may threaten Sturdy Eternamax, however). Magic Coat for Sing/Gastro Acid/Corrosive Gas and Beat Up/Last Respects to hit back. Shouldn't be a major issue if you know what to switch into.

Damage Amp Abilities – Switch into Fur Coat Eternamax if the opponent is a physical threat - you should know if the opposing Pokemon is Huge Power from damage rolls. If need be, Prankster/Good as Gold Eternamax can also take hits, though they don't like full power Beat Up/late game Last Respects/coverage like Glaive Rush or Glacial Lance/CFZs like Light that Burns the Sky, especially if boosted. Toss Blissey/Cramorant-Gorging or make use of Imposter Chansey if necessary. This also goes for Orichalcum Pulse/Hadron Engine/Beads of Ruin/-ate users and whatnot.

Neutralizing Gas Support – Hadron Engine Eternamax is the best switch-in because fast Neutralizing Gas users can't Spore you, and you can hit back with Beat Up/Dragon STAB. You can deal with Neutralizing Gas users with Prankster/Magic Bounce Eternamax as well, since they run Ability Shield. Ability Shield Wonder Guard users are also good switch-ins if you're confident that they aren't packing Corrosive Gas or coverage; you can Max Guard to scout those anyway.

Wonder Guard – Break through them with Zekrom or set up with Good as Gold Eternamax/Regieleki. You can scout movesets with Imposter if needed.

Shadow Tag – Play with Shadow Tag Encore + Perish Song users in mind, since they might also try to set up with the free turns generated from using Encore on a passive mon. If absolutely needed you can Tera Ghost but Shadow Tag shouldn't be an issue if you play carefully.

Assist + Revival Blessing – Imprison with Prankster Eternamax, set up and sweep. This shouldn't be much of a concern if you remember that Prankster Eternamax hardcounters Assist teams.

Mindless Setup – Prankster Eternamax can Haze any boosts away, and most Pokemon on the team run Spectral Thief anyway. You can also copy boosts with Imposter Chansey and reverse sweep if the situation permits.

This hurt my fingers to type. As long as Dexit remains, Pure Hackmons is almost certainly going to be less competitive than Custom Game, because because with only 6 moveslots and 4 moves you're not going to be able to cover everything. Another advantage over Hackmons metagames is that you can use every move on PS, which, remarkably, allows for better metagame balance (PH lost Magic Coat/Spectral Thief, while BH lost Spectral Thief/Core Enforcer/16 PP recovery). Custom Game's also just way crazier than Pure Hackmons, so besides attachment to the games/there being resources for Pure Hackmons on Smogon I don't know why the average user would want to play PH in the current generation.

I was pleasantly surprised during the process of building and testing, as while the metagame is heavily centralized around Neutralizing Gas the best teams seem to incorporate a wide variety of Abilities, like in pre-Gen 8 Pure Hackmons metagames, making teambuilding more enticing for me. Most people seem to think that X is the entire metagame in an entirely unrestricted metagame (be it Neutralizing Gas Eternamax/Air Balloon or Ability Shield Wonder Guard/Contrary sweepers/No Guard OHKO etc.), and while some of these do require heavy consideration in the builder and in-battle none of them centralize the metagame to the point where running anything else puts you in an inherent disadvantage. I do wish Custom Game had a Smogon thread but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I do intend on improving this team further but I'm pretty happy with what I have now and am confident that it's the best Custom Game team as of yet (though I have seen one or two others that are comparable in quality).

Last edited:

aerobee

Pure Hackmons

I originally wanted to get to 250-0 or 300-0 before posting an update, but I got bored of spamming games in Lobby, people stopped responding to my requests for fear of getting destroyed, and I don't think Lobby staff appreciate me asking for games every 5 minutes while contributing nothing of note to the room. So user TaxFraud Zero Nine Four of The Anything Goes Room advised me to get to 225-0, and here I am.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MAJOR UPDATES:

- Made Prankster Eternamax an actual hardcounter to Assist teams, since it didn't fully beat them before. Added 3/4 G-Max chip moves (Wildfire/Cannonade/Volcalith) since they need to be Imprisoned for Eternamax to realistically set up, as otherwise opposing Assist team members spam them until Eternamax is eventually overwhelmed. Replaced Photon Geyser with Sunsteel Strike because Air Balloon Alolan Muk otherwise hardwalls Eternamax. Replaced Ability Shield with Leppa Berry since there could be situations where Sparkly Swirl/Sunsteel Strike don't have enough PP to sweep Assist teams (for example, if Arceus-Dark, an optimal pick for Assist teams, is spammed), since Dark-types are very important on Assist teams since they provide counterplay to Prankster users while also being able to run Prankster themselves. This does make Prankster Eternamax weaker into opposing Neutralizing Gas users, but Hadron Engine Eternamax is a good enough answer to them that this shouldn't really matter. Tera Grass for opposing Spore and G-Max Vine Lash if necessary. Eternamax keeps its utility as a Prankster user against non-Neutralizing Gas foes, as I removed what I believed to be the most inconsequential moves on the original set.
- Replaced Shadow Tag Regieleki with Leftovers ComaBlessing Eternamax. Eternamax is over 3 times as bulky as neutral nature Zacian-C, meaning it has far more chances to use Sleep Talk Revival Blessing, though this comes at the cost of Zacian-C's Speed tier and a reduced offensive presence. Eternamax has a similar set to Comatose Zacian-C, though there are a few changes to accommodate for Eternamax's typing, namely Clangorous Soulblaze and Dynamax Cannon. G-Max Befuddle and G-Max Smite were also added, because the potential Sleep chance/Confusion are useful utility against opposing demon/setup sweepers. Tera Normal for Last Respects.
- Replaced Slaking with Ludicolo for a few reasons: Ludicolo is immune to Spore and therefore has a better matchup against Neutralizing Gas Regieleki, it doesn’t get chipped by G-Max Cannonade/Vine Lash, it blocks Final Gambit (meaning after the change I have 3 Final Gambit switch-ins), and happens to fully Imposter-proof Zekrom because I forgot to run one of Noxious Torque/Floaty Fall somewhere. Modified Ludicolo's moveset accordingly; some important changes are Spore as Magic Bounce doesn't screw Ludicolo over, G-Max Volt Crash over G-Max Befuddle because Ludicolo is weak to Bug, and Thousand Waves because being Spore-immune allows Ludicolo to handle Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki much more easily.
- Changed Mega Audino's moveset to more effectively deter opposing sweeper Eternamax. Core Enforcer removes Good as Gold once the opposing Eternamax's Ability Shield has been removed, Heart Swap allows for removing stat changes from the opponent if they do not have functional Good as Gold, and Court Change allows for redirecting any G-Max chip moves used back to Eternamax, as it often needs multiple Shell Smash boosts to break through Mega Audino and heavily chipping it beforehand is preferred.
- Added Court Change on a few Pokemon, as I learned after creating this RMT that G-Max chip moves are considered field effects, and therefore are affected by the move. Swapping hazards (and occasionally screens) have also been useful in many of my games.
- Added Lunar Dance on a few Pokemon, since them fainting of their own accord still increases Last Respects' power and there have been situations where I'd rather have one healthy Pokemon rather than two weakened ones to handle opposing threats. Additionally, Lunar Dance + ComaBlessing, with optimal play, has the potential to make games infinitely long due to Sleep Talk Revival Blessing having more than 1 PP allowing for extra revivals if needed.

MINOR UPDATES:

- Replaced Sizzly Slide on Arceus-Ground with V-create since you need it to OHKO Mega Scizor and Kartana.
- Replaced Bonemerang and Sappy Seed on Zekrom with Thousand Arrows and Flower Trick, as Wonder Guard Alolan Muk hardwalled Zekrom without the former and Flower Trick's perfect accuracy is more valuable than Sappy Seed's secondary effect when your goal is to OHKO everything.
- Replaced Ability Shield on Blissey with Heavy-Duty Boots since I've never had to sack Blissey against Neutralizing Gas users, and hazards on the field make Blissey unable to KO healthy Eternamax if OHKOed.
- Added Tidy Up on Wonder Guard Regieleki because otherwise Magic Bounce and Good as Gold foes would be able to remove Regieleki's Substitute while it tries to set up. Replaced Tera Dark with Tera Electric because Regieleki is somewhat prone to having its attacks PP stalled while sweeping.
- Added Fissure onto Sturdy Eternamax for opposing No Guard users, since No Guard works for both Pokemon on the field.
- Added Trick on Shadow Tag Zacian-C because in my experience it's actually gotten stuck with a Choice item quite a bit, and the move allows Zacian-C to Trick it back onto a foe.
- Added Nature's Madness onto Unaware Eternamax, because not being able to break opposing sweeper Eternamax's Substitutes was problematic, especially if Last Respects was Imprisoned or not powerful enough to break opposing Substitutes in one hit.
- Added Spore on Fur Coat Eternamax because I felt like it'd be more useful than Perish Song when its main purpose is to switch into Huge Power/Orichalcum Pulse attackers.
- Replaced G-Max Stun Shock on Comatose Zacian-C with G-Max Befuddle because the secondary effect is more different from G-Max Volt Crash's, and when the move is Imprisoned G-Max Befuddle is more useful overall.

And here are some potential ideas that I haven't tried extensively yet:
- :arceus-dark: I never actually got around to perfecting an Assist team, here have an early draft https://pokepast.es/1131a19a32d0f769
- :calyrex-shadow: Outspeeds Zacian-C, could have some uses as a No Guard/Psychic Surge/Simple user. Normalize sets are bad due to Ability Shield
- :darmanitan-galar-zen: Seems suboptimal (underspeeds Zacian-C, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, low bulk against opposing offensive Pokemon) but I probably haven't given it a fair chance
- :eternatus-eternamax: Huge Power would be a little weak before using Power Trick but maybe someone can make a working set for it
- :eternatus-eternamax: Innards Out Shell Smash Eternamax sounds funny but nothing short of No Guard is reliably OHKOing you. In Gen 7 Pure Hackmons Innards Out Zygarde-C is already uncomfortably bulky at times
- :eternatus-eternamax: Magic Guard Eternamax seems useful either as support (hardcounters Assist with the right set) or as a sweeper (not chipped by G-Max chip moves/Salt Cure/Ghost Curse/Poison after Tera)
- :eternatus-eternamax: Purifying Salt Eternamax for Last Respects and the status immunity
- :eternatus-eternamax: Wonder Guard, contrary to popular belief, is actually pretty good
- :flutter mane: Wonder Guard sounds funny but probably loses hard to Zacian-C/other strong Spectral Thief and Last Respects users
- :groudon-primal: Once Primals being able to Tera is implemented I might play around with Huge Power Primal Groudon again. Jolly for Scarf Eternamax seems cool
- :hoopa-unbound: Funny offensive Wonder Guard whose only disadvantage over Pokestar Spirit is being Bug-weak (and needing a positive nature for Regieleki at +2)
- :iron bundle: Refrigerate Tail Glow sounds funny as hell but this is probably awful in practice
- :kartana: Didn't like it when I tested Wonder Guard Kartana, but maybe I just didn't use the right set
- :mewtwo-mega-x: Highest Attack in the game and STAB Photon Geyser for Huge Power sets but Speed ties with Eternamax and struggles with priority after using Shell Smash
- :mewtwo-mega-y: No Guard/Psychic Surge/Simple + Shell Smash or Tail Glow sets seem funny in theory, probably hates Beat Up/Last Respects/Spectral Thief too much to really be usable though
- :muk-alola: Walls some Good as Gold/Prankster Eternamax sweepers with Air Balloon, loses hard to Shadow Tag though
- :regieleki: Support Neutralizing Gas sounds diabolical but I don't like frail Pokemon in general, maybe someone else can abuse King's Rock Beat Up from the fastest Pokemon in the game
- :regieleki: No Guard is too frail for my liking and I actually haven't used it once but with a properly made set it might have some merit
- :slaking: If competent players start running significantly more hard offensive Pokemon I might add Huge Power Slaking again
- :ting-lu: Seems like a good Magic Bounce user in the early game since it's a fair bit bulkier than Mega Audino physically, though I'm paranoid about Last Respects in the late game and it'd be redundant with Mega Audino on the team
- :tyranitar-mega: Beat Up bot seems funny but I didn't like Speed Boost due to it not hitting some Wonder Guards hard enough
- :zacian-crowned: Huge Power gets bricked by Eternamax (could try with King's Rock Beat Up?) but it's very nice against almost everything else

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure if I'm going to record my W/L anymore since the message kinda already gets across, but I might to see how many wins I get before someone takes me down. I'm also not going to test/update this team as often anymore, especially since BH/PH have brand new metagames to explore in a few days, though I'm probably going to find time to if I feel like it.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/859a186ba17e0f88

here's some more music btw

Last edited:

I originally wanted to get to 250-0 or 300-0 before posting an update, but I got bored of spamming games in Lobby, people stopped responding to my requests for fear of getting destroyed, and I don't think Lobby staff appreciate me asking for games every 5 minutes while contributing nothing of note to the room. So user TaxFraud Zero Nine Four of The Anything Goes Room advised me to get to 225-0, and here I am.

MAJOR UPDATES:

- Made Prankster Eternamax an actual hardcounter to Assist teams, since it didn't fully beat them before. Added 3/4 G-Max chip moves (Wildfire/Cannonade/Volcalith) since they need to be Imprisoned for Eternamax to realistically set up, as otherwise opposing Assist team members spam them until Eternamax is eventually overwhelmed. Replaced Photon Geyser with Sunsteel Strike because Air Balloon Alolan Muk otherwise hardwalls Eternamax. Replaced Ability Shield with Leppa Berry since there could be situations where Sparkly Swirl/Sunsteel Strike don't have enough PP to sweep Assist teams (for example, if Arceus-Dark, an optimal pick for Assist teams, is spammed), since Dark-types are very important on Assist teams since they provide counterplay to Prankster users while also being able to run Prankster themselves. This does make Prankster Eternamax weaker into opposing Neutralizing Gas users, but Hadron Engine Eternamax is a good enough answer to them that this shouldn't really matter. Tera Grass for opposing Spore and G-Max Vine Lash if necessary. Eternamax keeps its utility as a Prankster user against non-Neutralizing Gas foes, as I removed what I believed to be the most inconsequential moves on the original set.
- Replaced Shadow Tag Regieleki with Leftovers ComaBlessing Eternamax. Eternamax is over 3 times as bulky as neutral nature Zacian-C, meaning it has far more chances to use Sleep Talk Revival Blessing, though this comes at the cost of Zacian-C's Speed tier and a reduced offensive presence. Eternamax has a similar set to Comatose Zacian-C, though there are a few changes to accommodate for Eternamax's typing, namely Clangorous Soulblaze and Dynamax Cannon. G-Max Befuddle and G-Max Smite were also added, because the potential Sleep chance/Confusion are useful utility against opposing demon/setup sweepers. Tera Normal for Last Respects.
- Replaced Slaking with Ludicolo for a few reasons: Ludicolo is immune to Spore and therefore has a better matchup against Neutralizing Gas Regieleki, it doesn’t get chipped by G-Max Cannonade/Vine Lash, it blocks Final Gambit (meaning after the change I have 3 Final Gambit switch-ins), and happens to fully Imposter-proof Zekrom because I forgot to run one of Noxious Torque/Floaty Fall somewhere. Modified Ludicolo's moveset accordingly; some important changes are Spore as Magic Bounce doesn't screw Ludicolo over, G-Max Volt Crash over G-Max Befuddle because Ludicolo is weak to Bug, and Thousand Waves because being Spore-immune allows Ludicolo to handle Wonder Guard sweeper Regieleki much more easily.
- Changed Mega Audino's moveset to more effectively deter opposing sweeper Eternamax. Core Enforcer removes Good as Gold once the opposing Eternamax's Ability Shield has been removed, Heart Swap allows for removing stat changes from the opponent if they do not have functional Good as Gold, and Court Change allows for redirecting any G-Max chip moves used back to Eternamax, as it often needs multiple Shell Smash boosts to break through Mega Audino and heavily chipping it beforehand is preferred.
- Added Court Change on a few Pokemon, as I learned after creating this RMT that G-Max chip moves are considered field effects, and therefore are affected by the move. Swapping hazards (and occasionally screens) have also been useful in many of my games.
- Added Lunar Dance on a few Pokemon, since them fainting of their own accord still increases Last Respects' power and there have been situations where I'd rather have one healthy Pokemon rather than two weakened ones to handle opposing threats. Additionally, Lunar Dance + ComaBlessing, with optimal play, has the potential to make games infinitely long due to Sleep Talk Revival Blessing having more than 1 PP allowing for extra revivals if needed.

MINOR UPDATES:

- Replaced Sizzly Slide on Arceus-Ground with V-create since you need it to OHKO Mega Scizor and Kartana.
- Replaced Bonemerang and Sappy Seed on Zekrom with Thousand Arrows and Flower Trick, as Wonder Guard Alolan Muk hardwalled Zekrom without the former and Flower Trick's perfect accuracy is more valuable than Sappy Seed's secondary effect when your goal is to OHKO everything.
- Replaced Ability Shield on Blissey with Heavy-Duty Boots since I've never had to sack Blissey against Neutralizing Gas users, and hazards on the field make Blissey unable to KO healthy Eternamax if OHKOed.
- Added Tidy Up on Wonder Guard Regieleki because otherwise Magic Bounce and Good as Gold foes would be able to remove Regieleki's Substitute while it tries to set up. Replaced Tera Dark with Tera Electric because Regieleki is somewhat prone to having its attacks PP stalled while sweeping.
- Added Fissure onto Sturdy Eternamax for opposing No Guard users, since No Guard works for both Pokemon on the field.
- Added Trick on Shadow Tag Zacian-C because in my experience it's actually gotten stuck with a Choice item quite a bit, and the move allows Zacian-C to Trick it back onto a foe.
- Added Nature's Madness onto Unaware Eternamax, because not being able to break opposing sweeper Eternamax's Substitutes was problematic, especially if Last Respects was Imprisoned or not powerful enough to break opposing Substitutes in one hit.
- Added Spore on Fur Coat Eternamax because I felt like it'd be more useful than Perish Song when its main purpose is to switch into Huge Power/Orichalcum Pulse attackers.
- Replaced G-Max Stun Shock on Comatose Zacian-C with G-Max Befuddle because the secondary effect is more different from G-Max Volt Crash's, and when the move is Imprisoned G-Max Befuddle is more useful overall.

And here are some potential ideas that I haven't tried extensively yet:
- :arceus-dark: I never actually got around to perfecting an Assist team, here have an early draft https://pokepast.es/1131a19a32d0f769
- :calyrex-shadow: Outspeeds Zacian-C, could have some uses as a No Guard/Psychic Surge/Simple user. Normalize sets are bad due to Ability Shield
- :darmanitan-galar-zen: Seems suboptimal (underspeeds Zacian-C, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, low bulk against opposing offensive Pokemon) but I probably haven't given it a fair chance
- :eternatus-eternamax: Huge Power would be a little weak before using Power Trick but maybe someone can make a working set for it
- :eternatus-eternamax: Innards Out Shell Smash Eternamax sounds funny but nothing short of No Guard is reliably OHKOing you. In Gen 7 Pure Hackmons Innards Out Zygarde-C is already uncomfortably bulky at times
- :eternatus-eternamax: Magic Guard Eternamax seems useful either as support (hardcounters Assist with the right set) or as a sweeper (not chipped by G-Max chip moves/Salt Cure/Ghost Curse/Poison after Tera)
- :eternatus-eternamax: Purifying Salt Eternamax for Last Respects and the status immunity
- :eternatus-eternamax: Wonder Guard, contrary to popular belief, is actually pretty good
- :flutter mane: Wonder Guard sounds funny but probably loses hard to Zacian-C/other strong Spectral Thief and Last Respects users
- :groudon-primal: Once Primals being able to Tera is implemented I might play around with Huge Power Primal Groudon again. Jolly for Scarf Eternamax seems cool
- :hoopa-unbound: Funny offensive Wonder Guard whose only disadvantage over Pokestar Spirit is being Bug-weak (and needing a positive nature for Regieleki at +2)
- :iron bundle: Refrigerate Tail Glow sounds funny as hell but this is probably awful in practice
- :kartana: Didn't like it when I tested Wonder Guard Kartana, but maybe I just didn't use the right set
- :mewtwo-mega-x: Highest Attack in the game and STAB Photon Geyser for Huge Power sets but Speed ties with Eternamax and struggles with priority after using Shell Smash
- :mewtwo-mega-y: No Guard/Psychic Surge/Simple + Shell Smash or Tail Glow sets seem funny in theory, probably hates Beat Up/Last Respects/Spectral Thief too much to really be usable though
- :muk-alola: Walls some Good as Gold/Prankster Eternamax sweepers with Air Balloon, loses hard to Shadow Tag though
- :regieleki: Support Neutralizing Gas sounds diabolical but I don't like frail Pokemon in general, maybe someone else can abuse King's Rock Beat Up from the fastest Pokemon in the game
- :regieleki: No Guard is too frail for my liking and I actually haven't used it once but with a properly made set it might have some merit
- :slaking: If competent players start running significantly more hard offensive Pokemon I might add Huge Power Slaking again
- :ting-lu: Seems like a good Magic Bounce user in the early game since it's a fair bit bulkier than Mega Audino physically, though I'm paranoid about Last Respects in the late game and it'd be redundant with Mega Audino on the team
- :tyranitar-mega: Beat Up bot seems funny but I didn't like Speed Boost due to it not hitting some Wonder Guards hard enough
- :zacian-crowned: Huge Power gets bricked by Eternamax (could try with King's Rock Beat Up?) but it's very nice against almost everything else

I'm not sure if I'm going to record my W/L anymore since the message kinda already gets across, but I might to see how many wins I get before someone takes me down. I'm also not going to test/update this team as often anymore, especially since BH/PH have brand new metagames to explore in a few days, though I'm probably going to find time to if I feel like it.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/859a186ba17e0f88

here's some more music btw
Using a Z-Crystal on ComaTalk Zacian-C or ComaTalk Eternamax might be a good idea to avoid getting Tricked in to a CFZ or Sleep Talk by a STag or Arena Trap user, but outside of that insane team! How long did it take you to build this?

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
Using a Z-Crystal on ComaTalk Zacian-C or ComaTalk Eternamax might be a good idea to avoid getting Tricked in to a CFZ or Sleep Talk by a STag or Arena Trap user, but outside of that insane team! How long did it take you to build this?
Hey thanks for the suggestion. I did consider running a Z-crystal on Eternamax, since its bulk is good enough that it can use Sleep Talk multiple times before getting forced out, but Leftovers actually makes it significantly harder to break if the opponent isn’t a boosted Huge Power/No Guard/Last Respects user that hits hard enough. Tricking Eternamax wouldn’t really disable it anyway, since it can spam Sleep Talk if it wants to, and you could potentially scout Trick users with Max Guard. If you were to run a Z-crystal, you would probably run Normalium Z so you can Sleep Talk even when Encore locked into a different move. Poisonium/Firium Z would be the only other potentially useful ones, since Z-Noxious/Blazing Torque should OHKO Ludicolo/Kartana and Mega Scizor, respectively. Z-Fairy/Dark/Fighting Torques/Dynamax Cannon/Chatter wouldn't be strong enough to meaningfully threaten what they're supposed to if the foe is healthy, and any other Z-crystal would be useless due to Z-G-Max moves being attacks with 1 BP that lack secondary effects. A Z-crystal would be harder to justify for Zacian-C, since its much lower (but still not bad) bulk means it's more reliant on Leftovers for longevity.

TLDR Z-crystal seems justifiable on Comatose Eternamax, and I'd go for Normalium/Poisonium/Firium Z if you did opt for one; less so on Zacian-C because of issues with bulk.

e: I started after a Custom Game tour in Lobby in early May so 2 1/2~3 months now

Last edited:
252 Atk Pure Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eternatus-Eternamax: 626-738 (87.6 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
So essentially Leppa + Recycle MMX can sweep most of your team given that LTBTS bypasses abilities. Otherwise, a respectable team that is quite similar to mine in terms of structure but is built with major improvements (and includes stuff I have never considered eg. Snatch). Good job! First time I have ever seen a CG team here though so maybe my feedback is not as good... Possibly MMX w/ LTBTS is checked by smth on your team that I forgot.

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
252 Atk Pure Power Mewtwo-Mega-X Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eternatus-Eternamax: 626-738 (87.6 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
So essentially Leppa + Recycle MMX can sweep most of your team given that LTBTS bypasses abilities. Otherwise, a respectable team that is quite similar to mine in terms of structure but is built with major improvements (and includes stuff I have never considered eg. Snatch). Good job! First time I have ever seen a CG team here though so maybe my feedback is not as good... Possibly MMX w/ LTBTS is checked by smth on your team that I forgot.
Hey thanks for the compliments. Just wanted to point out that I haven't found LTBTS MMX to be a major issue, since there's ample counterplay in Cramorant-Gorging/Innards Out Blissey/Prankster Destiny Bond or Spore/Will-O-Wisp/Encore Eternamax/Imposter/faster mons in general. Making significant progress is difficult since with most Pokemon can pack something to annoy/threaten MMX if it lives the turn (for example, Spore/Sizzly Slide/G-Max Volt Crash) and can scout to an extent with protection and the threat of switching into Eternamax. Additionally, using Recycle on MMX's Leppa Berry takes a turn, which is an issue considering its dislike of status conditions, and even if it does get a KO or two off fainted mons can be brought back with Revival Blessing fairly easily.

The original RMT team does have weaknesses (that I've since addressed) though, like Comatose Zacian-C getting trapped by multiple Shadow Tag users, which can then "farm" Last Respects BP with Revival Blessing + Lunar Dance, or Neutralizing Gas Regieleki with its ability to remove items and spam King's Rock Beat Up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)